Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-09-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Coaches and Parents

Just curious what type of relationship coaches should have with parents at the premier level? Should they have close friendships, such as hanging out at tournaments (more then team dinner)? Should they be facebook friends? Does this change thing when it comes to tryouts and Suzie maybe cut? How about the new parents on the team and their interpretation of the friendships? How is it with the elite teams? In the past the coaches seem to keep a little distance. I think it made a better team then the coach who tries to be friends and make everyone happy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-09-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am a town coach and I want the parents to get more involved. Most of them disappear after dropping off the kids. If the parents are not excited about soccer, hardly the kid will be passionate about soccer. And passion is what keeps the kids working on it.

I want the sidelines to be more noisy. Soccer is about fun, not sit tight and watch quietly. No arguments with ref calls though.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-09-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a town coach and I want the parents to get more involved. Most of them disappear after dropping off the kids. If the parents are not excited about soccer, hardly the kid will be passionate about soccer. And passion is what keeps the kids working on it.

I want the sidelines to be more noisy. Soccer is about fun, not sit tight and watch quietly. No arguments with ref calls though.
I agree town should be fun. But when they are U-16 above they don't want the parents at the practice. Coaches should be that tight with parents.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-09-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 6a8n62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree town should be fun. But when they are U-16 above they don't want the parents at the practice. Coaches should be that tight with parents.
Sorry, I meant coaches should not be that tight with parents at a higher level.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, I meant coaches should not be that tight with parents at a higher level.
coaches should never be tight with the parents. your there to coach and not play favorites.your there to win games.winning games,winning tournaments,winning statecups brings players. bottom line. keep your distance and just coach and do whats best for the team.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
coaches should never be tight with the parents. your there to coach and not play favorites.your there to win games.winning games,winning tournaments,winning statecups brings players. bottom line. keep your distance and just coach and do whats best for the team.
That doesn't work for the coach who wants his beer paid for. It is not rite when the coach meets a parent on the team for drinks regularly even if their not away at a tournament. Big surprise that the kid plays a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That doesn't work for the coach who wants his beer paid for. It is not rite when the coach meets a parent on the team for drinks regularly even if their not away at a tournament. Big surprise that the kid plays a lot.
probably having an affair with her. a lot of that going on
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-24-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
probably having an affair with her. a lot of that going on
No it is not a mom. That is a whole other level that this team does not need.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That doesn't work for the coach who wants his beer paid for. It is not rite when the coach meets a parent on the team for drinks regularly even if their not away at a tournament. Big surprise that the kid plays a lot.
Coaches have favorite families and thats one thing. But to go over the top friendly with one or two and exclude the others is not right. Great for team chemistry- not!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-25-2010
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
probably having an affair with her. a lot of that going on
If Mom is hot, I'd hire her as my assistant coach. I would then call it a coaching relationship not an affair.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attn: MA coaches/parents...new site connecting athletes with private coaches CoachUp Massachusetts 0 06-07-2012 11:00 AM
Coaches vs. parents noles1 Florida 356 05-30-2012 10:46 PM
Question for coaches regarding *hole Parents Unregistered Oregon 22 05-09-2012 04:45 PM
New Concussion app for coaches and parents Unregistered Florida 36 12-01-2011 07:25 AM
For Jax coaches only - review of area parents Unregistered Florida 9 05-24-2009 07:53 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.