Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Younger brother

I know it's kind of early to take it serious but what are the best programs for a 4 yr old younger brother. He just sees his brother playing which is 11 and wants to of everything he does but I would love for him to get into a descent program though. Through this forum I found and searching internet what I have found is florida crushers ,weston ayso, sat, and numerous rec leagues I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area

too young

The best thing you can do for a kid that age is to put him in a place where he will learn to love the sport.

Comment

At 4, send him to barcelona. Only chance he has.

Comment

His brothers club doesn't have a decent rec program?

Comment

It is kind of hard to take it seriously if he is only 4, but if he is showing a passion for the game then get him on a local rec team. Sit back and watch him have fun and do not put any expectations on him. Give him a ball and if he has a passion have him play in the back yard. Little by little have him try certain ball drills. Just let him have fun for a couple of years. If at six he still has the passion start looking for a fairly local club with a decent competitive program. Get him into their rec program. Continue to sit back and just enjoy watching him play. Continue giving him the ball for the backyard and have him work on his skills in a fun environment. If he continues to show the passion then enter him into a competitive program at 7 or 8.

Keep in mind that right now it might not be soccer that he loves. It might just be that he wants to be like his older brother. So make sure he gets involved with a variety of things so that he can truly pick what he wants to do. As parents when we get over involved we tend to ruin it. The kid will only be happy if they are roi g what they love to do and if we aren't ruining if by placing expectations on them. Having raised two kids who are now both in college my biggest regret is my over involvement at young ages. I pulled myself out of it early enough not to ruin it like I have seen other parents do.

Comment

Check out the Breakers, they are a great Recreation club

Comment

Not sure at what age SAT and the Crushers start, but these type of programs are the best for the younger kids.

Comment

He should have started at 2 and a half. He has missed his chance now.....

Seriously though kids should play rec until 7 years old. Just make sure he can dribble, cut and passes now and then. Once he has that down work on a shot.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X