Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F.C. Barcelona Escola updates

Has anyone gotten any more updates on this academy ? News ?

thanks

23rd of August is Orientation
    24th Inauguration
    25th (week of) the greatest training academy begins in the USA !!!!

cant wait !!!!

Comment

Did any kids get selected from the different camps held in the specific cities ???

Any stories out there of families packing up and moving to Florida for this opportunity ?

Comment

My son went to the Orlando camp and was invited to join the Competitive program, but we will not be relocating to Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My son went to the Orlando camp and was invited to join the Competitive program, but we will not be relocating to Miami.
          What was your experience in the camp ? Would you say your son's game is high level and that's why he was invited ? Or would you say anyone gets invited ?

Love to hear your opinions on this subject.

thanks

Comment

We had a great experience at the camp. It was well done, well organized. With the exception of some bad weather. It was great. My son is 8 years old a highly skilled player. Majority of the kids in his age group were good. Midway through the day, one of the upper coaches noticed my son's play and asked him if he would like to move up to train with U10. He was the only one during the week to move. I don't know what other kids got an invitation since I didn't know any of the other parents. My understanding from talking with the coaches at the camp is that they would not be inviting a lot of players from the camps. I don't know if that's true or not. We were just glad he did well against really good competition.

Comment

We had a great experience at the camp. It was well done, well organized. With the exception of some bad weather. It was great. My son is 8 years old a highly skilled player. Majority of the kids in his age group were good. Midway through the day, one of the upper coaches noticed my son's play and asked him if he would like to move up to train with U10. He was the only one during the week to move. I don't know what other kids got an invitation since I didn't know any of the other parents. My understanding from talking with the coaches at the camp is that they would not be inviting a lot of players from the camps. I don't know if that's true or not. We were just glad he did well against really good competition.
              Thank you for your answer. Good luck with your son...

Comment

I have worked camps with them - they look for those capable of moving up - i know of 2 who were invited

Comment

I have worked camps with them - they look for those capable of moving up - i know of 2 who were invited
                  thank you…

Please explain "moving up "

What age group where the 2 kids from and are their families relocating ? From where ?

Comment

If anyone moves to Miami for the escola of Barcelona, you need your head examined. This is a recreational style program. Please investigate! This will not get your child noticed.

Comment

If anyone moves to Miami for the escola of Barcelona, you need your head examined. This is a recreational style program. Please investigate! This will not get your child noticed.
                      no but it will improve their game unlike most of the bozo club coaches

Comment

you also need to do some investigation--it's not in Miami that's how little you know about it

Comment

The Escola is located in Ft. Lauderdale. Although its not for everyone it does has its perks for the advanced players. No one is here trying to convince anyone otherwise. If club soccer works for you that is great. There is no need to be rude or show your personal frustrations on this thread. Enjoy the game and do what you think is best for your child.

Comment

I know of one older boy moving down from the north east US. I was also told that many players from the west coast, naples/ fort myers will be making the commute each practice.

If you are looking to compete, this might not be the right program for that. This is a developmental school focused only on teaching the necessary skills to compete when a child becomes a teenager and plays 11 v 11. As clubs focus more on the team, and do very little skill work. FC Barca has a curriculum that is the same around thee world. Each player will be learning how to beat a player 1 v 1, create space, defend, shoot, etc. These are the same lessons that messi and many others in barca went through. How many club coaches do lessons on how to shoot properly?

This is not the type of program were parents will be pacing thee side lines and screaming. Though it is possible to be in the barca school and still play for a club, fl barca will be a learning environment, instead of a competitive one. No screaming coaches here. Saturday games will provide competition and a way for the player to be examined in a game, without the yelling and pressure to win.

The bigger question what I am hearing on this site is what are the level of the kids attending? No, they are not at the rec level. Many players were not excepted, and at a minimum, they would have to be an average to high division two player. There are many solid div I players enrolled, but as most know, many kids can compete at div i because of their effort and intensity, not knowledge and level of skill. It is very possible that many div ii level kids pass the div i kids in a season. At the end of the season, barca will select 12 players from each age group to play in a tournament in spain, with all the other barca schools from around the world. Obviously, scouts will be on hand, and yes, players have been asked to stay in spain.

Comment

. At the end of the season, barca will select 12 players from each age group to play in a tournament in spain, with all the other barca schools from around the world. Obviously, scouts will be on hand, and yes, players have been asked to stay in spain.
                              You are wrong, wrong, and wrong!! No scouts will be on hand. Do you really think this? This is the problem with this program, FALSE HOPES!
                              You must pay for your Spain trip and the idea kids are asked to stay in Spain is just funny, unless you mean to attend one of their summer camps you pay for. Barcelona is the worlds best marketed sports franchise in the history of sports. Well done Barcelona!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X