Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree, however I do know WFF and FKK sent a lot of 2014 grads to D1 schools.
    Don't forget the FKK girls played ECNL for a year.

Comment

Don't forget the FKK girls played ECNL for a year.
      And none of them credit ECNL or OCYS. None.

Comment

I may sound like an ass but I know there is not a girls team from Florida that sent 13 players to D-1 schools from the 2014 age group. And I definitely know there are not that many "International" players on one team. Basically these lies in these posts have grown to cover the other lies! Now their nose is going through the wall!
        Both WFF (ECNL) and FKK (non-ECNL) sent more than 13 each to D1 from class of 2014. It's on that spreadsheet mentioned in the article.

Comment

And none of them credit ECNL or OCYS. None.
          Yep HM did it all. We don't need showcase events just hues cell phone. Lmao

Comment

Yep HM did it all. We don't need showcase events just hues cell phone. Lmao
            No, first they credit hard work and their own dedication . HM provided support and guidance that OC couldn't give. And the cell phone wasn't a bad addition, either.

Comment

No, first they credit hard work and their own dedication . HM provided support and guidance that OC couldn't give. And the cell phone wasn't a bad addition, either.
              I agree the majority of the credit should and does go to the girls for putting in the work. HM doesn't hurt either. I also think ECNL helps some too.

Comment

Both WFF (ECNL) and FKK (non-ECNL) sent more than 13 each to D1 from class of 2014. It's on that spreadsheet mentioned in the article.
                Those FKK girls were all ECNL when they verbally committed at U17. A few signed later w/ FKK but most were recruited during their ECNL year.

Comment

Those FKK girls were all ECNL when they verbally committed at U17. A few signed later w/ FKK but most were recruited during their ECNL year.
                  splitting hairs just a bit aren't you? where were they developed? that right, the ecnl had nothing to do with their development.

Comment

ECNL is great! The girls have a great experience participating in that league. Yes, it is a fantastic avenue for girls to be seen by college coaches, but it's not the only way. If your child is a good player, college coaches will find her. This bickering back and forth about FKK signing or OC signing is irrelevant! OC is a new club it will take time for it to develop what FKK, or rather, CFK, has been able to do. We can't count the girls who spent one year at OC and then went back to FKK/CFK. This year's u14 girls will be interesting to track and give a true testament to OC's growth as a club.

Comment

ECNL is great! The girls have a great experience participating in that league. Yes, it is a fantastic avenue for girls to be seen by college coaches, but it's not the only way. If your child is a good player, college coaches will find her. This bickering back and forth about FKK signing or OC signing is irrelevant! OC is a new club it will take time for it to develop what FKK, or rather, CFK, has been able to do. We can't count the girls who spent one year at OC and then went back to FKK/CFK. This year's u14 girls will be interesting to track and give a true testament to OC's growth as a club.
                      at least this person is being honest. talking about the older groups is waste of time.

Comment

I may sound like an ass but I know there is not a girls team from Florida that sent 13 players to D-1 schools from the 2014 age group. And I definitely know there are not that many "International" players on one team. Basically these lies in these posts have grown to cover the other lies! Now their nose is going through the wall!
                        Quit being so defensive. If you give it some thought, as I did reading the thread, I believe they mean they come from an international club, and it wouldn't be too hard to think of who that is. And you are definitely wrong about the 2014 girls, I think I can think of several that placed that many, possibly more. Also, try to remember that there are other GREAT ACADEMIC schools that aren't DI, that players commit to. Are we done with this yet?

Comment

There have been very "spirited" conversations on TS about this subject of which female youth soccer program is the best for being recruiting in this year of 2014 and in the future; ECNL or non-ECNL players. The article below was written earlier this month. It is a very non-biased look at both, and gives a realistic outlook for soccer recruiting in college going forward.

http://www.d1soccerrecruiting.com/ec...e-data-reveal/
                          This analysis is statsitically flawed...

1) It is solely based upon a self reported, incomplete and inaccurate google site.
                          2) Infers every recruit from an ECNL club is on the ECNL team.
                          3) By inferring all ECNL club recruits are ECNL team members it overstates ECNL's impact.
                          4) Has a confirmation bias to correlate top 25 schools with ECNL recruits.

Advice:
                          Pick a school your daughter loves and let her explore if playing soccer is possible there. No one majors in soccer. Student comes before athlete.

Comment

This analysis is statsitically flawed...

1) It is solely based upon a self reported, incomplete and inaccurate google site.
                            2) Infers every recruit from an ECNL club is on the ECNL team.
                            3) By inferring all ECNL club recruits are ECNL team members it overstates ECNL's impact.
                            4) Has a confirmation bias to correlate top 25 schools with ECNL recruits.

Advice:
                            Pick a school your daughter loves and let her explore if playing soccer is possible there. No one majors in soccer. Student comes before athlete.
                            Your logic is flawed as well. 1). The data is checked withy the coaches at the destination college for accuracy 2) if your club has ECNL and you are good enough to be at a top program the vast majority of those players (if not all) are on the top ECNL team 3) see number 2, same point 4) are you saying these schools aren't top programs - doesn't matter they are all D1.

Point is you can always spin facts. Facts are if you are good you will be found and ECNL can certainly help (but not a necessity).

Comment

The study infers that the top 25 programs in 2014 are made up of former ECNL players.

ECNL was established in 2009/2010.

Accordingly approximately 1/4 to 1/2 of the rosters of the top teams never even played in ECNL.

Comment

The study infers that the top 25 programs in 2014 are made up of former ECNL players.

ECNL was established in 2009/2010.

Accordingly approximately 1/4 to 1/2 of the rosters of the top teams never even played in ECNL.
                                What? You can't be that stupid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X