Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They had to scramble to get teams together due to the issues. They will be much improved. Perhaps both clubs could be successful that would be better for soccer in Orlando.
    Relax is a new year and Orlando is ready to shine

Comment

I agree there is a good reason, however they simply don't deserve to be in ECNL. When we have to travel that far and then play our bench, it is a waste of time and money for us. ECNL should have removed them after whatever happened in Orlando. In the mean time, the rest of us have to deal with the subpar quality. They are an embarrassment to ECNL.
      Please just bring your bench this year. :)

Comment

A simple and true statement. Unfortunately, too many ECNL parents are not satisfied unless they can tell Grandma and Grandpa that Mia is playing "elite soccer" against the very best teams in the whole wide world.
        As cynical as you are trying to be in your statement, it is actually true. ECNL does have the best teams in the whole wide world! No other country has a youth soccer league as competitive and as large as ECNL. And as much as you ECNL haters hate it, the "majority" of the best female players in the US do play ECNL now. College coaches and National team coaches recognize this and actually do push their commits to try to play ECNL if at all possible as the best competition year-round is available in the ECNL.

Comment

As cynical as you are trying to be in your statement, it is actually true. ECNL does have the best teams in the whole wide world! No other country has a youth soccer league as competitive and as large as ECNL. And as much as you ECNL haters hate it, the "majority" of the best female players in the US do play ECNL now. College coaches and National team coaches recognize this and actually do push their commits to try to play ECNL if at all possible as the best competition year-round is available in the ECNL.
          Finally a wise statement- thank you

Comment

Ecnl

There are also many talented players that do not, and will not play ECNL.

If a player has the ability, hard work, and passion for the game she will be successful at any level with or without ECNL.

That's an even smarter comment because it doesn't just show bias support for one side of the coin.

Comment

There are also many talented players that do not, and will not play ECNL.

If a player has the ability, hard work, and passion for the game she will be successful at any level with or without ECNL.

That's an even smarter comment because it doesn't just show bias support for one side of the coin.
              Not sure how you could do one without the other. Agree that ability, hard work, and passion for the game equal success. I also feel to gain that ability you need to train with and play against the best. Right now you will not have success "at any level" of women's soccer without ECNL as ECNL players make up 19 of 20 U20WNT members going to the world cup. The numbers say otherwise. 1 player did it, it could be your daughter, but I'd rather be on the side of the 19.

Comment

re

Thank you for your response. What you said is accurate. Playing against top competition is an advantage. On the other hand, I've seen players work on and develop sound technical, tactical and physical skills that can advance up through any level of soccer. It may take longer for non-ECNL players to hit their full stride.

I respect ECNL and its talent. I am kind of hoping that the league becomes more affordable, localized and structured to include all of the top talent.

Traveling for various tournaments would be one thing, but to travel week in and week out to play season games is not possible for every family.

Comment

Thank you for your response. What you said is accurate. Playing against top competition is an advantage. On the other hand, I've seen players work on and develop sound technical, tactical and physical skills that can advance up through any level of soccer. It may take longer for non-ECNL players to hit their full stride.

I respect ECNL and its talent. I am kind of hoping that the league becomes more affordable, localized and structured to include all of the top talent.

Traveling for various tournaments would be one thing, but to travel week in and week out to play season games is not possible for every family.
                  To make ECNL more "localized" would sort of defeat the purpose of playing against the top clubs in the nation. The truth is ECNL teams travel one weekend a month for league games and then a couple of national events. Hardly "week in and week out". I think a top team playing R3PL travels about the same amount.

Comment

To make ECNL more "localized" would sort of defeat the purpose of playing against the top clubs in the nation. The truth is ECNL teams travel one weekend a month for league games and then a couple of national events. Hardly "week in and week out". I think a top team playing R3PL travels about the same amount.
                    Teams that play R3PL travel more because those teams also do around 4-5 tourneys and sometimes regular league play

Comment

^^^ Awesome Facebook post.

Comment

Thank you for the information. ECNL for us is a potential future decision. I'm just trying to get the best information I can at this point, and I appreciate the guidance you offered.

I have to say that I'm proud of that 1 girl on the U20 WNT. To beat the odds like that is amazing. The individual is more powerful than any league out there.

Comment

Not sure how you could do one without the other. Agree that ability, hard work, and passion for the game equal success. I also feel to gain that ability you need to train with and play against the best. Right now you will not have success "at any level" of women's soccer without ECNL as ECNL players make up 19 of 20 U20WNT members going to the world cup. The numbers say otherwise. 1 player did it, it could be your daughter, but I'd rather be on the side of the 19.
                          Using USWNT as an example is a red herring. The goal for high level soccer players in the uSA is to play in college- hopefully DI and hopefully with some scholarship $s. You can't make a generalization based on the outliers of the truly elite and extraordinary athletes playing USWNT u20.

the debate is not whether ECNL is a valuable tool to help women play college soccer. It is (at least currently). The debate is whether it is the exclusive path now or in the future. For obvious reasons the League wants everyone to believe this to be the case. I think the evidence points to a continued expansion of influence for the next few years- but at some point it will reach its highwater mark short of dominance of college recruiting.

Comment

Using USWNT as an example is a red herring. The goal for high level soccer players in the uSA is to play in college- hopefully DI and hopefully with some scholarship $s. You can't make a generalization based on the outliers of the truly elite and extraordinary athletes playing USWNT u20.

the debate is not whether ECNL is a valuable tool to help women play college soccer. It is (at least currently). The debate is whether it is the exclusive path now or in the future. For obvious reasons the League wants everyone to believe this to be the case. I think the evidence points to a continued expansion of influence for the next few years- but at some point it will reach its highwater mark short of dominance of college recruiting.
                            look up the college coaches at the florida ecnl tournament and number of teams, then look up disney showcase and the number of coaches and teams. this will be the closest because they are already in orlando for ecnl. there is a huge discrepancy in number of teams vs. coaches, at the ecnl event the coaches can watch an entire game. at disney they can watch a half, hopefully the half your kid plays great in. these are the benefits of ecnl people speak of.

Comment

look up the college coaches at the florida ecnl tournament and number of teams, then look up disney showcase and the number of coaches and teams. this will be the closest because they are already in orlando for ecnl. there is a huge discrepancy in number of teams vs. coaches, at the ecnl event the coaches can watch an entire game. at disney they can watch a half, hopefully the half your kid plays great in. these are the benefits of ecnl people speak of.
                              ^^ this is an old argument. No reason to continue to re-hash

Comment

I think truly gifted and hard-working players will be elite with or without ECNL, and they will also get noticed. Many have made the College D1 ranks without playing ECNL, although I certainly don't discount the quality of the league.

Some players will be more gifted physically. Some players will be more tactically sound.
                                Some players will be more technically skilled. Some will be more experienced. In the end, it comes down to passion, coachability and hard work. What's inside the individual will eventually win out, and any disadvantages will be overcome.

Mario Elie made the NBA after going to AIC, a division 3 college, and won 2 championships. You don't have to play against the best to be able to play against the best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X