Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weston U12 / Pre Academy 02 Tryouts

So will today finally be the last day of tryouts? Hopefully it won't get rained out.

So some of the players selected for the pre academy decide last minute they want out. So now they want to play this scrimmage with the kids selected to the black team to play the pre academy to see if any of the kids on the black team can play pre academy.

Sounds like they are just looking for fillers to ensure they get there money. If they originally weren't selected to the pre academy, what now they are.

The pre academy is a totally different scenario. Those kids will be paying the $1,900 to ride the bench.

So the black team will now be stronger as the pre academy kids come back and the pre academy will be weaker as the kids they really wanted won't be there.

Now every team will be reshuffled. Kids that thought they were moving up will not parents will get upset and leave.

Oh wait maybe they will once again feed the same BS as they did last year and say the White team will be a like a second Black team and div1 or to be able to accommodate all the players and not upset parents change the format and say the white team will play up as well to play 11v11.

Got to love the Weston politics. Let's see what the new boys director handles this.

I bet the team mangers son stays on white, he is a blue team caliber player, which he didn't even make the white team last year got bumped up thanks to the politics.

9, 10, 14, 28, and 44 from the blue team are all better players. If mommy's 25 ends up on white over these players.

IT'S ALL POLITICS!!!

Comment

Several 01's on the Black team already.

You cannot play down. I thought the 02 would be happy to be at the ACADEMY?
      List came out. How many can the coach add 4-5?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Several 01's on the Black team already.

You cannot play down. I thought the 02 would be happy to be at the ACADEMY?
        List came out. How many can the coach add 4-5?
        The U12 group is 02/03.

I they guess were in the beginning but changed their mind.

4-5 sounds about right.

Comment

Any updates

Comment

Any updates
            VP has the list. If you are not a team mom or a coach your kid might not make it.

Comment

It was a mess Four of us will probably leave after they post the list. What we saw with the groupings is BS. Both team managers kids are on teams they don't belong.

Comment

Wow this is a mess. I'm glad I tried out at two other places. Seems like it will be one of the other places for me. Guess this will be my first and last year here.

This mess with tryouts and the horrible year with SL.

The club needs better communications with its members.

Comment

go ahead

You can leave? You can't come back would be a better phrase. My son has been given a spot, and these teams are very strong. You criticize the weston program either because you can't make the team you want, or because you got kicked out. Yesterday the 03's looked good, the 02's, 01's, 00's are very talented, and lets not even talk about the 99's, and 97 academies. I look around as well, and is not that I choose weston for my son over other good options. There are no other options, nothing compares to the talent pool in the academy and pre academy teams at this club, and the coaches and trainers are good. You keep wasting your time upset there is a team manager, hahahahaha, every team has a team manager and they usually have a son on the team. Go ahead and enjoy where you are at, the same thing doesn't work for everyone.

Comment

is the list out yet for the '02?

Comment

not yet. too many "political/$$$ friends" to help.

Comment

Wow this is a mess. I'm glad I tried out at two other places. Seems like it will be one of the other places for me. Guess this will be my first and last year here.

This mess with tryouts and the horrible year with SL.

The club needs better communications with its members.
                        It only a mess if your child doesnt get on the team you want him to be on...Over 100 players were on the tryout list for U-12/ Pre Acedemy 02. The best players will go to the Acedemy, the Black team which is mostly intact from last season will add players not picked by the acedemy, with other players being filtered to the White team , which also will be very competitive, or to the other teams. Most clubs do not have this so called problem with that large of a turnout.. If your son is good enough he will be recognized and will eventually move to the top teams if he stays with the club.

Comment

If your son is good enough he will be recognized and will eventually move to the top teams if he stays with the club.
                          This is the bait they put out to hopeful parents, and that is why many stay, that one day they will make the team.

Comment

And you thought this thread was dead.

So one of the goalies was told he was going pre academy. The academy decided to go with only one goalie supposedly. The poor kid is heart broken. Well since he is not going pre academy only makes sense he would end up on the black team right, NOT!!!!

The poor kid got moved all they way down to the white team, oh and he wasn't told this in person he was emailed. This is so wrong.

When the father asked why did they do that the response was they weren't going to move around current white or black team players up or down as they didn't want to upset parents and cause them to leave.

Even though there were kids on the white that should have moved up and were told they would be moving up.

The $$$ I mean the turn out was so good that they decided to deviate from just having the black team play up to U13 11v11 they decided to play the white team up as well. Mo Money Mo Money Mo Money.

Oh after the first team meeting and the parents paying registration, you guess it there has been roster movements. Kids that were slotted to black that came from the outside got moved down to white. To make room for political friends of the clubs kids.

Kids from outside the club that did not tryout were placed on both the black and white teams. How fair is that for our kids that have been in the club and deserved to be moved up.

Hey sunrise if your missing players we know where they are at.

Example the white went from 13 players to now having 17 players. Can you say playtime issues. What about Region Cup you can;t play up and U12 is 8v8 with a roster max of 12.

Best part is most of the parents do not know the new roster size. Thank God the white team manager opened her mouth.

Hey Mr. Thomas Rogen is this how you plan to run the club. Not much different than when VP ran this part of it.

Hey what happened to the BOD Secretary's younger kids? Heard VP black balled them. So they aren't in the club anymore.

Hey and I can't find anywhere how to sign up for these fitness classes I see everyone taking, is through the club or did those coaches get permits from the City of Weston to do private training sessions?

Things that make you go HHHHMmmmmmm!!!

Comment

Did they have tryouts for the 01 kids?

I thought those were not until August

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X