Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Soccer Selection

Several college scouts attend State Cup Final Four, Southern Regionals and Nationals.

High School soccer is also another place to get recruited.

I don't want to be unkind but many many many parents are delusional. If, by the age of 16-17, your child has not been noticed, you can forget about being selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Several college scouts attend State Cup Final Four, Southern Regionals and Nationals.

High School soccer is also another place to get recruited.

I don't want to be unkind but many many many parents are delusional. If, by the age of 16-17, your child has not been noticed, you can forget about being selected.
      I have never seen a college coach scouting at a high school game.

Comment

i have, Lakeland Christian vs Tampa Prep and Academy of the Holy Names vs Tampa Prep and Clearwater Catholic vs tampa Prep.

Comment

it does depend on the school. we attended the oasis clinic last year at Flagler. Was run fine, by their own staff, but in the end seemed like another money maker. we've attended FGCU clinic and again run solely by their staff but it seemed so much more sincere about looking at kids. totally different experiences. also attended exact soccer clinic, multiple colleges were in attendance and the coaches were entirely hands on with the kids. probably no more than 15-16 kids per coach and they rotated the kids through all the coaches. it was a long day but a good clinic and pretty honest. UF was there and they told the kids upfront they were basically done with 2016 and moving on to 2017s. (gender - girls). Have wanted to attend the USF camp but it is so costly we've just done other stuff. Still believe tournament exposure and other events hosted by our club are more helpful.
          I've seen both the men's and women's coach from FGCU at HS games in the area.

Comment

It isn't huge but they do it. It is typically in state small schools with small budgets.

Comment

Wrong. We didn't get burned. We didn't waste our money on camps. But many on our team did and I was a sounding board for some of these parents. All of these kids shy of one committed but not one of them were asked to commit where they attended a camp. Most came back from a camp with story after story, yet they couldn't resist paying to go to another. Time and time again they were disappointed.

Posts like yours are nothing but rude. Someone offers their advice and you take a jab af them. Maybe you should learn to give your opinion without making misguided assumptions about someone else's.
              its ok for you to call people out as rude, accuse the schools of scamming parents and their players and the coaching staff that attends these camps of scamming your kid as well just to get a free plane trip to watch other kids unrelated to the camp/clinic. and basically you calls these players out that attend these camps not skilled enough to be on any coach's short list and the parents are all suckers for falling for it. try reading your own post. every time my kid can walk up to a coach, stick her hand out and introduce herself, I think she is gaining something. even if that is the only interaction she gets, she takes something positive away from it.

Comment

its ok for you to call people out as rude, accuse the schools of scamming parents and their players and the coaching staff that attends these camps of scamming your kid as well just to get a free plane trip to watch other kids unrelated to the camp/clinic. and basically you calls these players out that attend these camps not skilled enough to be on any coach's short list and the parents are all suckers for falling for it. try reading your own post. every time my kid can walk up to a coach, stick her hand out and introduce herself, I think she is gaining something. even if that is the only interaction she gets, she takes something positive away from it.

Ok $90 to $600 for a hand shake. Go for it.

Comment

You don't see any college scouts at your kids High School because your HD team doesn't have any players worth scouting including your kid..Sorry sucks to be you.

Comment

You don't see any college scouts at your kids High School because your HD team doesn't have any players worth scouting including your kid..Sorry sucks to be you.
                    Just a punk teenager getting your kicks. Better get them here because you won't be getting them on the pitch after HS.

Comment

Many HS teams have at least 1 player who has the talent to play at the college level. Some teams have many players with that talent. It all depends on what the college coach' s needs are as to whether they would bother going to a HS game.

Your post attacking that parent is classless. When my daughter played HS she never had a college coach at one of her games. Was it because she wasn't worth scouting? She sure had plenty come to her club games and received a solid athletic scholarship to play at a state university.

If your kid is being scouted isn't it good enough for you to simply be happy about that? What do you possibly get out of saying another kid isn't worth scouting?

Comment

Ok $90 to $600 for a hand shake. Go for it.
                        guessing you would think a day at the country club dropping the same money would be better spent.

Comment

guessing you would think a day at the country club dropping the same money would be better spent.
                          Actually that money was saved to help pay for her college expenses. But despite not going to camps she funded her college education through athletic and academic scholarship. So I bought her a new Corolla.

Do what you want with your money. And I will continue to do what I want and share my opinions as well.

Comment

Many HS teams have at least 1 player who has the talent to play at the college level. Some teams have many players with that talent. It all depends on what the college coach' s needs are as to whether they would bother going to a HS game.

Your post attacking that parent is classless. When my daughter played HS she never had a college coach at one of her games. Was it because she wasn't worth scouting? She sure had plenty come to her club games and received a solid athletic scholarship to play at a state university.

If your kid is being scouted isn't it good enough for you to simply be happy about that? What do you possibly get out of saying another kid isn't worth scouting?
                            Relax. I agree with your post, but use some common sense. The post was made by a high school kid trying to be cute, most likely. I am the original poster and I just laugh at the person.

Comment

Relax. I agree with your post, but use some common sense. The post was made by a high school kid trying to be cute, most likely. I am the original poster and I just laugh at the person.
                              Kids don't waste their time on the forum. The forum is full of over involved parents and soccer junkies. I was one and now I am the other.

Comment

A lot of the colleges they had advertised did not attend.
                                We signed up because my son wanted to play in FL, but only Florida Southern and Johnson & Wales showed up. Eckerd, Stetson, Rollins, St. Leo and UT were all on the list, but my son did not see anyone from their school at the camp. So only 2 of the 7 schools we thought were going to be there attended to the best of our knowledge.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X