Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Card

Just curious as to what's the policy when a player receives a red card for fighting? A girl on my daughter's team threw a punch at another player (unprovoked). She was given a red card and ejected from the game, however, I was surprised to see her at practice the following day. Are they banned from practice until their two game suspension has been completed?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just curious as to what's the policy when a player receives a red card for fighting? A girl on my daughter's team threw a punch at another player (unprovoked). She was given a red card and ejected from the game, however, I was surprised to see her at practice the following day. Are they banned from practice until their two game suspension has been completed?
    Generally no--but it could depend upon the league or an internal club policy. As a general rule, a red card would bar a player from next league game (or more depending upon the violation), but not from practice.

Comment

The real news here is that you saw a red card issued when the LOTG warranted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Generally no--but it could depend upon the league or an internal club policy. As a general rule, a red card would bar a player from next league game (or more depending upon the violation), but not from practice.
        Suspension only has standing when it comes to games for that league. Whether or not they are barred from practice is totally up to the club and / or coach.

If dual rostering were allowed it would not even apply to a game in a different league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X