Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to the minute GS points

Newest addition this year is gotsoccer points that change week to week, rather than a surprise at the end of the season. I love it, now we're just like the BCS in football!

Poor maple, still no points for you

I think it is month to month but still interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think it is month to month but still interesting.
      NEP's points were awarded early so they will change based on your standings that week.

Comment

NEP's points were awarded early so they will change based on your standings that week.
        Who really cares about GS points for league games? Win a tournament or state cup or GTFO!

Comment

Who cares at all? Until you have consistent teams playing a consistent schedule against common opponents, it means nothing. There's such a disparity between # of games, and uncommon opponents, it's a waste checking the points.

Comment

Who cares at all? Until you have consistent teams playing a consistent schedule against common opponents, it means nothing. There's such a disparity between # of games, and uncommon opponents, it's a waste checking the points.
            Exactly

Comment

Actually i happen to think the points do an excellent job, especially U13 and up. The national championship NEFC and GPS teams are at the top, along with most of the other best teams in the state. While obviously not perfect, better teams with good resumes tend to be higher than bad teams, and over time things tend to even out.

Don't be upset because there's a reasonable system out there that shows how bad your team is compared to other teams, if you don't like it, play against them in a tournament.

Comment

Actually i happen to think the points do an excellent job, especially U13 and up. The national championship NEFC and GPS teams are at the top, along with most of the other best teams in the state. While obviously not perfect, better teams with good resumes tend to be higher than bad teams, and over time things tend to even out.

Don't be upset because there's a reasonable system out there that shows how bad your team is compared to other teams, if you don't like it, play against them in a tournament.
                It will be interesting after all teams go to birth year. Technically they can include the DAP and Pre- DAP teams to the rankings. Don't know if they will though.

Comment

Newest addition this year is gotsoccer points that change week to week, rather than a surprise at the end of the season. I love it, now we're just like the BCS in football!

loser

Comment

The point system isn't perfect but awards teams for playing in challenging leagues. It should sort out most of the paper tigers by U14 or so. Clubs down in NJ have been notorious for basically entering a few tournaments a month and then loading up on points. You had Mom and Pop clubs with a multiple of points than say a PDA had.

Does anyone have a handle on how points will work when these teams transition to birth year? I would imagine that they would follow the majority? For example if 9 players on your current U14 team are 2002 kids, would the points simply stay with them?

I've always thought that GS was somewhat of a money grab but they are going to earn their keep trying to sort this all out.

Comment

Actually, from what I see in my daughter's division, half of the teams are in these podunk towns who don't play anyone of note. The teams they do play, the matching is pretty close. So, while the shot is a nice attempt, you missed the mark, SC.

Comment

Not sure how it can be considered excellent, when some teams have played close to 30 games listed on there, going back to the spring, and other teams have played 6, all in the fall.

Consistency.

Comment

Not sure how it can be considered excellent, when some teams have played close to 30 games listed on there, going back to the spring, and other teams have played 6, all in the fall.

Consistency.
                          The better teams rise to the top. The order you place teams 1-5 in may be debatable but they are still generally the best 5 teams.

Comment

exactly, teams 1-10 are generally better than 11-20, 20-30, etc

Comment

There will be a point in your life, maybe not soon, but someday, where you'll think to yourself, "Gotsoccer points? What the **** was I thinking?"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X