Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Also have the asshat quota filled as well. Sorry for all those who feel that their kids need to be treated like dog meat just to learn how to play soccer.
    I assume you direct your wrath at JD. Not everyone plays for him, if in fact he is as bad as portrayed on this forum. My daughter plays for Stars and is a former Breakers player; her experience has been very positive so far.

Comment

I assume you direct your wrath at JD. Not everyone plays for him, if in fact he is as bad as portrayed on this forum. My daughter plays for Stars and is a former Breakers player; her experience has been very positive so far.
      Not like he's the only one over there with that sort of rep.

Comment

Says the dad whose kid probably wasn't good enough for a Stars Athletic team. Here's a hint: go to GPS...they'll take anyone who will pay the fee and call them Elite.

Comment

Also have the asshat quota filled as well. Sorry for all those who feel that their kids need to be treated like dog meat just to learn how to play soccer.
          Btdt, this just makes you look so ugly. Want to own this one? And since you're here again, yes or no on Suzie?

Comment

All the clubs have a few

Comment

Says the dad whose kid probably wasn't good enough for a Stars Athletic team. Here's a hint: go to GPS...they'll take anyone who will pay the fee and call them Elite.
              Ummm... Stars is looking a lot like GPS with this move.
              You don't see the humor in "Athletic" label

Comment

GPS parent who wanted/asked my kid to try out for Stars for numerous reasons, one being MD the GK coach.

My 11 year old son doesn't want to because... (per him)

1. Stars teams he's played had yelling coaches that seem focused on winning.

2. Friend tells him all the time how they get yelled at. Age group was playing up and when they lost a game were told they were playing like babies and would be moved to play with their appropriate age group. Kids left the field crying.

All clubs have their pros and cons. Our current coach, parents, kids/team are a good fit. I do think we could get better development elsewhwere. But if that means yelling coaches, annoying parents, or mean kids; it's not worth it. You have to find a balance that works for your family.

When my son is older and can handle the intensity of a yelling coach, maybe we'll move on. For now, it's a good fit for us. He's having fun, developing, and as a parent - the games are enjoyable as the parents all cheer and support rather than sideline coach or point out kids mistakes.

Comment

GPS parent who wanted/asked my kid to try out for Stars for numerous reasons, one being MD the GK coach.

My 11 year old son doesn't want to because... (per him)

1. Stars teams he's played had yelling coaches that seem focused on winning.

2. Friend tells him all the time how they get yelled at. Age group was playing up and when they lost a game were told they were playing like babies and would be moved to play with their appropriate age group. Kids left the field crying.

All clubs have their pros and cons. Our current coach, parents, kids/team are a good fit. I do think we could get better development elsewhwere. But if that means yelling coaches, annoying parents, or mean kids; it's not worth it. You have to find a balance that works for your family.

When my son is older and can handle the intensity of a yelling coach, maybe we'll move on. For now, it's a good fit for us. He's having fun, developing, and as a parent - the games are enjoyable as the parents all cheer and support rather than sideline coach or point out kids mistakes.
                  Our Story: D plays GPS and likes coach A LOT. Gets video review of each game, is required to keep journal that gets reviewed by coach after each game. Coach is quiet during games, focuses on development and team learning system rather than just winning, even tho team hasn't lost yet. Parents are grounded, players are humble and nice to each other. She, and therefore I, couldn't be happier.

Got a "private invitation" to a Stars practice in Lancaster late last spring after D lit up a Stars West team in NEP. After we dropped off the other girl in car, D pleaded "Daddy, do I have to go to that team". - oh, and not one parent or player reached out to say hello. #Joyless

Comment

Our Story: D plays GPS and likes coach A LOT. Gets video review of each game, is required to keep journal that gets reviewed by coach after each game. Coach is quiet during games, focuses on development and team learning system rather than just winning, even tho team hasn't lost yet. Parents are grounded, players are humble and nice to each other. She, and therefore I, couldn't be happier.

Got a "private invitation" to a Stars practice in Lancaster late last spring after D lit up a Stars West team in NEP. After we dropped off the other girl in car, D pleaded "Daddy, do I have to go to that team". - oh, and not one parent or player reached out to say hello. #Joyless
                    Thanks btdt. You wear evil well.

Comment

Too funny. That was our experience also.

Comment

The problem with providing details and specifics is you get a "BS" alert.
                        No current GPS girls team meets the criteria.
                        Maybe you should review the game video and try again
                        Obviously a TS amateur bomb thrower.

Comment

Not a fan of Stars, but really? GPS is a pure money throwaway.

Comment

I do not believe this for one second. Good players tryout/get invited all the time to top stars team practices. If they are really good the other really good players who are NOT threatened try and "recruit" the kid and most of the parents go out of their way to talk to the "new" parents. Maybe once in a while if the new kid is in competition for a specialized position there MAY be a little coldness but for the most part players want to play with the best and warm up to new kids very easily. My observation as a new parent.

Comment

Not a fan of Stars, but really? GPS is a pure money throwaway.
                              Are you a former GPS parent?

Unless you have experience, and it's still only your isolated experience, you can't really say.

We've attended numerous club practices, to check clubs out, and they all pretty much work on and do the same thing.

We like GPS bc the coach is not yelling at/berating our kid and most of the parents on our team are laid back. My kid is learning and having fun. Good enough for me.

Comment

I do not believe this for one second. Good players tryout/get invited all the time to top stars team practices. If they are really good the other really good players who are NOT threatened try and "recruit" the kid and most of the parents go out of their way to talk to the "new" parents. Maybe once in a while if the new kid is in competition for a specialized position there MAY be a little coldness but for the most part players want to play with the best and warm up to new kids very easily. My observation as a new parent.
                                Interesting. I know a Stars parent whose kid was moved from Athletic to United and the United parents iced her out.

Like anything, I'm sure it depends on the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X