X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Stars East

FC Stars Launch Stars East

FC Stars is pleased to announce its latest regional satellite - Stars East. Stars East will focus on towns around the Rte. 128 belt in Middlesex County. This new initiative will be led by Eric Driscoll a native of Lexington, in his role as Regional Technical Director for FC Stars East. The object is to bring the FC Stars training system to younger players in the 6-14 age groups and avoiding the necessity for excessive travel.

FC Stars Director of Coaching, Jason Dewhurst, declared "I am delighted we have the Stars East region up and running, Eric was the perfect person to direct the East region due to his knowledge of the area and his experience in how to implement the FC Stars culture. I know the East region will be a huge success and we look forward to providing players in this area the optimal training environment for their development'.
    FC Stars was founded in 2000 and has grown to almost 100 teams and over 1300 players across Massachusetts and bordering states. FC Stars is a founding member of the Elite Clubs National League, the Northeast Girls National Premier League and the New England Boys Premier League. FC Stars was ranked #6 in the Nation following the recent ECNL National Championships. The coaching curriculum is age-specific and is devised by FC Stars Director of Coaching Jason Dewhurst, who has been involved in coaching various US Womens Youth National Teams over the past 3 years and is currently part of the coaching staff for the GU16 National Team. Additionally, for the past 5 years he has been heavily involved in the US Club Soccer ID2 Program to identify the best young female players in the country. FC Stars has proudly contributed no fewer than 10 players to US National Team squads over the last few years, an accomplishment unmatched in the New England area.

FC Stars East - serving Arlington, Bedford, Belmont, Burlington, Lexington, Reading, Stoneham. Waltham, Watertown, Winchester, Wilmington, Woburn and surrounding towns.

GPS territory. Puts all of the recent GPS bashing into a different context.

Comment

Attention Messrs. Bradley!

Comment

Someone's got to make up for the lost Stars North revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          GPS territory. Puts all of the recent GPS bashing into a different context.
          Indeed

Comment

So I found this interesting:

"The object is to bring the FC Stars training system to younger players in the 6-14 age groups and avoiding the necessity for excessive travel."

Does anyone know if any of the other Stars areas do more local travel?

Comment

"The object is to bring the FC Stars training system to younger players in the 6-14 age groups and avoiding the necessity for excessive travel."

This just means more mid-level and bottom teams.

Comment

That is OK, my child is not Elite. I was just wondering if it meant that there would be less long distance travel. For Central MA in particular. It seems like there should be a reasonable amount of decent teams in our area to play against without having to travel to North Shore or Springfield area.

Comment

I interpreted that to mean some families in these areas travel to Lancaster (Stars facility) for training and this will bring the methodology to more convenient locations for them.

Comment

I interpreted that to mean some families in these areas travel to Lancaster (Stars facility) for training and this will bring the methodology to more convenient locations for them.
                    When you say methodology, do you mean teach the kids how to 'boot' the ball up the field and have your more athletic players run onto it?

Comment

Or as we like to call it in business...

Revenue.

Comment

I took it as kids in the Eastern part of the state won't have to travel to Lancaster. BUT Stars built that facility, so why would they pay for kids to practice elsewhere?

If they do pay for a training facility in the Eastern part of the state, I wonder if Stars East will pull from Stars Central.

Comment

I took it as kids in the Eastern part of the state won't have to travel to Lancaster. BUT Stars built that facility, so why would they pay for kids to practice elsewhere?

If they do pay for a training facility in the Eastern part of the state, I wonder if Stars East will pull from Stars Central.
                          Rt 128/95 seems to be a saturated market with FC Boston and Gps as biggest players. They'll need to build another set of fields if they expect them to come.

Comment

Rt 128/95 seems to be a saturated market with FC Boston and Gps as biggest players. They'll need to build another set of fields if they expect them to come.
                            Former GPS now Stars family here for full disclosure. Stars has it all over GPS as far as organization, technical/tactical development and reasonable fees.

Comment

Former GPS now Stars family here for full disclosure. Stars has it all over GPS as far as organization, technical/tactical development and reasonable fees.
                              Also have the asshat quota filled as well. Sorry for all those who feel that their kids need to be treated like dog meat just to learn how to play soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X