•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow. Just wow.
    Other Scores-
    FC BOSTON BOLTS ELITE 03/04 10 FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS CENTRAL UNITED 03/04 0

SEACOAST UNITED PREACAD 1-JB-04/05 11 BAYSIDE FC BOLTS U11B EAST BLACK 04/05 0

FC BOSTON BOLTS EAST ELITE 04/05 14 GPS MA BOSTON ELITE RED BOYS 04/05 2

BAYSIDE FC BOLTS U13B NPL 02/03 0 NEFC ELITE U13 BOYS 8

FC BOSTON BBA EAST GU11 ELITE 11 SFC NEW ENGLAND SFC 04/05G 1

FC BOSTON BBA NORTH GU12 PREMIER 1 FC STARS CENTRAL UNITED WHITE 03/04 10

Problems with these scores?

Comment

I think it depends largely on the age.

Though 17 goals at any age is a bit ridiculous.

And the parents saying "deal with it" clearly have no empathy and probably shouldn't be parents.

By 6-0, you probably have a good idea that the teams are mismatched.

Things a good coach could do:
      Put the GK on the field
      Switch out positions
      Pass a certain number of times
      Only shoot with your weak foot

The bigger issue here is the message these beatings send to the kids on both the winning and losing team.

Soccer to me is about more than playing a game. It's about developing character, developing as a person, building leadership skills.

I would never let my son play for a coach who would let a team run up that kind of score. That's not the kind of kid and player I want my son to be.

Come up with all the excuses you want, but anyone who defends that kind of behavior is likely a jerk raising a jerk kid.

Comment

I would never let my son play for a coach who would let a team run up that kind of score. That's not the kind of kid and player I want my son to be.
        Yes you would. You would NOT walk away from the money you already gave the club. You're also a compliant little sheep. Talk all you want, but when the time came you'd fall in line.

Comment

Other Scores-
          FC BOSTON BOLTS ELITE 03/04 10 FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS CENTRAL UNITED 03/04 0

SEACOAST UNITED PREACAD 1-JB-04/05 11 BAYSIDE FC BOLTS U11B EAST BLACK 04/05 0

FC BOSTON BOLTS EAST ELITE 04/05 14 GPS MA BOSTON ELITE RED BOYS 04/05 2

BAYSIDE FC BOLTS U13B NPL 02/03 0 NEFC ELITE U13 BOYS 8

FC BOSTON BBA EAST GU11 ELITE 11 SFC NEW ENGLAND SFC 04/05G 1

FC BOSTON BBA NORTH GU12 PREMIER 1 FC STARS CENTRAL UNITED WHITE 03/04 10

Problems with these scores?
          Looks about right. Some teams work harder than others. The way these kids rebound on the losing teams will determine if they make the team next year. Next weekend is the start of tryouts for these kids.

Comment

Yes you would. You would NOT walk away from the money you already gave the club. You're also a compliant little sheep. Talk all you want, but when the time came you'd fall in line.
            I care more about my son's development as a player and as a person.

Sorry to say, but I would walk.

However, I'd likely never get myself into that situation to begin with.

When you care about development, you check out the coach and his philosophy beforehand.

Comment

Seriously, if that is the best that Aztec can field, whose fault is that? What do the Aztec parents want, NEFC to lay down so their little Mia's could feel like the game was close? If their kids get beat by 17 goals you all should be asking your club what the hell they are doing instead of blaming the competition for beating them that badly. Shame on all of you. Losing sux, but it isn't the other team's job to make you look better than you are
              This is your take on 13 year olds. What a sad individual.
              And when all is said and done and your kid's soccer career is over, what kind of person is left behind? An asshat like you.

Comment

Totally classless. What a joke NB is! This is a great team, everyone knows that. At about 7-0, I'm sure it was obvious to all involved that NEFC would win this game. A real coach would tell the kids to possess. Period. The parents on that team should be completely embarrassed. How's that "NPL is equal to ECNL" competition working out for you? NEFC Elite may beat an ECNL team on occasion, but never,ever a 17-0 drubbing!
                LOL! You can get off your high horse. I guess different philosophies apply to different coaches. The way I see it is it is more insulting to keep possession against this team. NEFC did it last season and people complained. You can't have it both ways. Also, I love your little "NEFC Elite may beat an ECNL team on occasion, but never,ever a 17-0 drubbing." NEFC has beaten every ECNL team it's faced this year (about 15), so it has on more than one occasion. They also beat FSA 7-1 in the Stars Cup final and it could have been worse.

Listen, I think the score is embarrassing, but as someone else pointed out, it's also the other teams responsibility to stop the other team from scoring. Instead of continuing with 4-4-3, or 4-4-2, maybe you play a 4-5-1 and have two of the holding mids play deeper.

Comment

This is your take on 13 year olds. What a sad individual.
                  And when all is said and done and your kid's soccer career is over, what kind of person is left behind? An asshat like you.
                  Welcome to the world of BTNT.

The NEFC fan insists/demands that all of his poisonous questions directed at his hated targets be answered every single day, but if lob anything towards them, something ACTUALLY REAL, they go into total shutdown and defense mode. You would think we are talking about a NBA blowout instead of youth soccer.

Comment

LOL! You can get off your high horse. I guess different philosophies apply to different coaches. The way I see it is it is more insulting to keep possession against this team. NEFC did it last season and people complained. You can't have it both ways. Also, I love your little "NEFC Elite may beat an ECNL team on occasion, but never,ever a 17-0 drubbing." NEFC has beaten every ECNL team it's faced this year (about 15), so it has on more than one occasion. They also beat FSA 7-1 in the Stars Cup final and it could have been worse.

Listen, I think the score is embarrassing, but as someone else pointed out, it's also the other teams responsibility to stop the other team from scoring. Instead of continuing with 4-4-3, or 4-4-2, maybe you play a 4-5-1 and have two of the holding mids play deeper.
                    And look who just pops up.

Comment

Seriously, if that is the best that Aztec can field, whose fault is that? What do the Aztec parents want, NEFC to lay down so their little Mia's could feel like the game was close? If their kids get beat by 17 goals you all should be asking your club what the hell they are doing instead of blaming the competition for beating them that badly. Shame on all of you. Losing sux, but it isn't the other team's job to make you look better than you are
                      Webster's added a new word recently. its called sportsmanship. If that isn't good enough, how about the Golden Rule. Would anyone at NEFC want their team to lose 17-0? Probably not. So why humiliate a bunch of 13-14 yr old girls?

No one's asking NEFC to make Aztec's look better. Just don't be a-holes as you win the game. The only thing worse than sore losers are sore winners.

Comment

Webster's added a new word recently. its called sportsmanship. If that isn't good enough, how about the Golden Rule. Would anyone at NEFC want their team to lose 17-0? Probably not. So why humiliate a bunch of 13-14 yr old girls?

No one's asking NEFC to make Aztec's look better. Just don't be a-holes as you win the game. The only thing worse than sore losers are sore winners.
                        Believe it or not the losing players usually feel worse if they know that the other team is slowing down and using restrictions to not score. Score is on the paper and I am sure they will look back at that game as a learning experience. The parents' ego is more bruised than players'.

Comment

I care more about my son's development as a player and as a person.
                          If some goofball coach can undo the values you've instilled in your son then you've got a lot of nerve talking to me about parenting.

Why are you so concerned about "developing" a player? I couldn't care less about developing my child as a player. He does soccer because he's very talented and enjoys it.

Sorry to say, but I would walk.
                          No you wouldn't. If you did, then you'd only be confirming my first point, that your child hasn't really learned anything from you that "captain track suit" won't jeopardize by scoring too many goals against a poor team.

However, I'd likely never get myself into that situation to begin with.

When you care about development, you check out the coach and his philosophy beforehand.
                          You're a dolt. How old is your son? I went to a club that was 15 minutes from my house. My child went to tryouts. I don't have to meddle with things like you do. My child's attitude, commitment and athleticism took care of the rest.

What a helicopter parent you are. Stick to paying the bill, driving to practice/games and buying cleats. Forget the great search for soccer development.

Comment

There is nothing more humiliating and demeaning than keep away soccer. They should have just pulled the goalie right? Seriously, you parents are the worst.

Comment

Aren't these girls 8th graders? At what point do they learn what it means to compete? Next year is high school. Do they ever or is all of this just so Mommy and Daddy can feel good.

Comment

Aren't these girls 8th graders? At what point do they learn what it means to compete? Next year is high school. Do they ever or is all of this just so Mommy and Daddy can feel good.
                                Bingo! Can you imagine the tears in the Range Rover on the way home(and that's just the parents).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X