•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There we have it...you're in a cubicle.

Nothing more to add
    Is that supposed to be an insult? You're older and nerdier than I thought.

Comment

Kids in this day and age need to learn how to fail. I remember as a young soccer player (many years ago) in rec soccer we lost to a team in the beginning of the season very badly. I don't remember any parent complaining about the score. I do however remember the team not taking practice for granted anymore and we played the team to a much more respectable game at the end of the season. Still lost, but it was only by two goals verse 10. Everyone was happy knowing they performed well against the best team.

Enough of the PC garbage!!! Everyone has been on either side of a blow out in many different sports. Schools are preventing kids from playing tag at recess.....because of parents who can't handle their kid not being the best. The kids are fine.....it's you nut job over protective parents who are the issue. Your kid lost to a better team.......get over it.

Comment

Is that supposed to be an insult? You're older and nerdier than I thought.
        Says the workerbee trolling an internet forum for kicks.

Comment

Kids in this day and age need to learn how to fail. I remember as a young soccer player (many years ago) in rec soccer we lost to a team in the beginning of the season very badly. I don't remember any parent complaining about the score. I do however remember the team not taking practice for granted anymore and we played the team to a much more respectable game at the end of the season. Still lost, but it was only by two goals verse 10. Everyone was happy knowing they performed well against the best team.

Enough of the PC garbage!!! Everyone has been on either side of a blow out in many different sports. Schools are preventing kids from playing tag at recess.....because of parents who can't handle their kid not being the best. The kids are fine.....it's you nut job over protective parents who are the issue. Your kid lost to a better team.......get over it.
          I don't think anyone is saying blowouts should never happen.

A few of things that people are saying are:

1. Teams of near equal skill is more competitive and more conducive to developing as a player and a team.

2. When a game is clearly not competitive then the coaches should adjust the parameters that creates another development opportunity.

3. Running up a score because you can is poor sportsmanship and teaches nothing of substance to kids.

How much does a U11 team need to know they either played well or not?

Comment

Fiction #7843. Rec soccer "many years ago" and learned a valuable lesson about dedication and hard work and at the end of the season gave the top dog a good challenge. Is Will Farrell the lead in this movie?

Comment

Everyone gets a trophy......

Comment

Says the workerbee trolling an internet forum for kicks.
                Pays to be a workerbee at a tech company, but you dinosaurs wouldn't know about that. Poking sad clowns like you is actually fun. Boot it! What a lemming.

Comment

Pays to be a workerbee at a tech company, but you dinosaurs wouldn't know about that. Poking sad clowns like you is actually fun. Boot it! What a lemming.

Bwahaha. I'm the executive at the tech company, keeping you down.

Your break over yet?

Comment

Your break over yet?
                    You wouldn't last a day here grandpa

Comment

Your break over yet?
                      Wait, I thought you said in another thread that you were a highly regarded mental health professional

Comment

This thread is getting more and more bizarre.
                        Indeed.

Comment

Not familiar with your teams or leagues but Youth Soccer is pretty much the same everywhere, and like ANY youth sport where there can be a great disparity in talent, even within the same team, regardless of club, blowouts happen pretty regularly.

How coaches handle the blowouts is what matters.
                          Blowouts that result from a disparity of talent are one thing; blowouts resulting from a team with a tactical emphasis playing a team with a developmental focus are quite another thing and that is where the adults are most at fault.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X