X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1678426]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LGL does so much for the club, and is factually correct in her assessment of the team.
    Your team manager assesses your team?

Comment

and the end is near

When a club and/or team starts to show such internal conflict, the end cannot be too far away. Unfortunately, Valeo really only has two teams that are of any consequence. U13 and U14. For the u13 team to be fighting so much among themselves is destructive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1678931]

Obviously that was a mistake. Nothing but positives from our team manager about the team, EW and all the players. Everybody knows this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1678931]

Yes submits written reports with player statistics for each game. These reports will be published in the Journal of Talking Soccer, p. 85, vol 12 2015.

Comment

Textbook psychopathology

The Valeo U13 team is a very good team, perhaps a great team, as is NEFC. I have read much of this thread and been around some of the players and parents. Fortunately, the players and parents are not entirely represented by the psychopathology presented in TS. The large majority of parents and kids are good people and pleasent. The minority that seem to posting on TS need help!! Sure, the kids of this minority are good players.........but...........

For God-sake people, this is U13 soccer!!!!! You hate the coach because he is willing to give all the players a chance to play and develope. You can't stand some of the kids because you think they are bringing your own kid down. You can't stand some of the parents because they bring their kids to Valeo. It is U13 soccer!!! You are setting your kids up for massive failure and disappointment when, in 1-3 years, they suddenly find themselves developing physically and see greater challenges from kids that were not as strong and fast in the past. Do you think that any of these kids are going to look back, in 4+ years and remember how they dominated the EDP league or were ranked in the top ten nationally? Only the parents remember this!! The kids still want to hang with their friends.....meet girls (well most)....and get an ice cream.

I offer one word of advice..........RELAX.

Comment

The Valeo U13 team is a very good team, perhaps a great team, as is NEFC. I have read much of this thread and been around some of the players and parents. Fortunately, the players and parents are not entirely represented by the psychopathology presented in TS. The large majority of parents and kids are good people and pleasent. The minority that seem to posting on TS need help!! Sure, the kids of this minority are good players.........but...........

For God-sake people, this is U13 soccer!!!!! You hate the coach because he is willing to give all the players a chance to play and develope. You can't stand some of the kids because you think they are bringing your own kid down. You can't stand some of the parents because they bring their kids to Valeo. It is U13 soccer!!! You are setting your kids up for massive failure and disappointment when, in 1-3 years, they suddenly find themselves developing physically and see greater challenges from kids that were not as strong and fast in the past. Do you think that any of these kids are going to look back, in 4+ years and remember how they dominated the EDP league or were ranked in the top ten nationally? Only the parents remember this!! The kids still want to hang with their friends.....meet girls (well most)....and get an ice cream.

For god sake why are you believing stuff you read on here?

Comment

There are no child haters on v. Please stop helping to spread this ridiculousness.

If I want my child to be in a higher math group does that mean I hate all the kids in the lower group? If I want my kid to go to Yale do I hate all kids who go to UMass? Absurb.

Comment

Very well said. The notion that some 12 year-old player would be tainted by the mere presence of a marginally weaker player at this age is quite frankly laughable and pathetic. Children don't think like this, over-involved helicopter parents do. And yes, there are many variables that come into play a few years down the road when it really starts to matter, including, by the way, a player's attitude and respect for his coach and teammates. If your coach is bringing in a few players to raise their development, then bravo to him. That is all that matters at this age. All your EDP victories mean absolutely nothing, it is a second tier league. A few of your boys might move on to play DAP, most won't. Relax, let the boys play and the coaches coach.

Comment

Very well said. The notion that some 12 year-old player would be tainted by the mere presence of a marginally weaker player at this age is quite frankly laughable and pathetic. Children don't think like this, over-involved helicopter parents do. And yes, there are many variables that come into play a few years down the road when it really starts to matter, including, by the way, a player's attitude and respect for his coach and teammates. If your coach is bringing in a few players to raise their development, then bravo to him. That is all that matters at this age. All your EDP victories mean absolutely nothing, it is a second tier league. A few of your boys might move on to play DAP, most won't. Relax, let the boys play and the coaches coach.
                    You have no clue what you are talking about. Worry about your own team.

Comment

Unread 2 Hours Ago
                      Unregistered

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

There are no child haters on v. Please stop helping to spread this ridiculousness.

If I want my child to be in a higher math group does that mean I hate all the kids in the lower group? If I want my kid to go to Yale do I hate all kids who go to UMass? Absurb

You have no clue what you are talking about. Worry about your own team.

To the first response, I identified the reality that the 'craziness' does not apply to all or even the majority of parents on the Valeo U13 squad. You might be one of the more relaxed ones. Although it hopefully reflects you wanting the best for your kid, I do note that you didn't take the lower road.....i.e. what if your kid goes to UMASS, will you look with envy at those that went to Yale. If your kid is in the lower math group, will you be upset at him that he was not in the higher one?

As for the second response, welcome to Talking Soccer. If you are fool enough to post here then you should accept that fact that many will respond. If you don't like it then consider taking your baggage to a more private environment.

Comment

DL spends every free moment helping EW build his club and therefore help promote all the players. How dare you come on here accusing and disrespecting his wife. His wife also works hard for the club and you jerks. Disgusting behavior.

Comment

Dangling

DL spends every free moment helping EW build his club and therefore help promote all the players. How dare you come on here accusing and disrespecting his wife. His wife also works hard for the club and you jerks. Disgusting behavior.

Who are you talking too???

Comment

Who the f do you think???

Comment

Just STFU! Is that clear enough for you?

Comment

Just STFU! Is that clear enough for you?
                                You shut your pie hole before me and my friends will make it much bigger. Last warning for you a....hole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X