• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick to your day job

Guessing western u would only score 4? Terrible. 7-2
    Guessing GPS Metro would only give up 2? Terrible. 4-1

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bolts East 2 - 2 seacoast pre-academy (although game time has been removed and location is now "unassigned"). This would be best match-up of the week if it is played. 4-1 and 5-1 losses to FC Stars last week make them seem awfully similar on paper.

Westen U 4-1 GPS Boston (western u is much better and GPS will be tired after the commute to Lusitano Stadium).

Bayside Bolts 2-1 GPS Metro (should be even match with these two lower half teams).

FC Stars 4-1 NEFC Central. Good NEFC Central club, but Stars just have too much firepower.

In other news...
    Valeo 8-0 (fill in the blank Maple victim)

Comment

NEFC central

Looks like NEFC can hang with Stars much better than Bolts or Seacoast. 3-2 loss Sunday. Was anyone there? Was game as close as it looks on paper?

Guessing western u would only score 4? Terrible. 7-2
      Guessing GPS Metro would only give up 2? Terrible. 4-1

Comment

Rankings

Listen, I get that this post was originally about rankings, and I enjoy ranking things as much as anyone, but to believe that we already have enough info to rank these u11 teams in precise order is silly. Any given week, any of the top group of top teams can beat any of the others. Using the got soccer rankings is silly because it's basically just rewarding participation in as many got soccer friendly tournaments as you're willing to sign up for. And that doesn't even address the issue that many of these coaches are trying different things out with their teams from week to week (e.g. new formations, or players at new positions). Playing time is also very different from team to team. So, one team may rate higher, but another may actually have the better team, they just spread out playing time more.

Given the way this post started, I'll go with the flow, and from what I can see, the Stars might be slightly ahead of the pack, but there are several teams, including Valeo, NEFC Central, NEFC Newton United, Western U, and Bolts East that are all in the discussion, and week to week predictions make no sense to me. Let's let these kids sort it all out on the field.

Comment

I thought the scores had to be posted on NEP by today?

I think the Bolts BU11 got spanked pretty bad the coach is up to his old games and not posting them.

Comment

I think the Bolts BU11 got spanked pretty bad the coach is up to his old games and not posting them.
            Magically they were posted 10 minutes after the post.

Comment

Which Bolts team?

Which Bolts team are you talking about? They have several U11s now.

Magically they were posted 10 minutes after the post.

Comment

The top team? I don't know if they even played.

Comment

Listen, I get that this post was originally about rankings, and I enjoy ranking things as much as anyone, but to believe that we already have enough info to rank these u11 teams in precise order is silly. Any given week, any of the top group of top teams can beat any of the others. Using the got soccer rankings is silly because it's basically just rewarding participation in as many got soccer friendly tournaments as you're willing to sign up for. And that doesn't even address the issue that many of these coaches are trying different things out with their teams from week to week (e.g. new formations, or players at new positions). Playing time is also very different from team to team. So, one team may rate higher, but another may actually have the better team, they just spread out playing time more.

Given the way this post started, I'll go with the flow, and from what I can see, the Stars might be slightly ahead of the pack, but there are several teams, including Valeo, NEFC Central, NEFC Newton United, Western U, and Bolts East that are all in the discussion, and week to week predictions make no sense to me. Let's let these kids sort it all out on the field.
                  You are all out of your mind, as you pretend to rank 9 and 10-year old children. Nut job city.

Comment

Bolts v seacoast

They didn't play. game is being rescheduled.

The top team? I don't know if they even played.

Comment

A clear top 5 (4) has emerged

OP here. Looks like GotSoccer was pretty spot on at the start of the season. 5 teams have risen to the top in NEP's top U11 division, 4 from MA.

FC Stars remain the dop dog
                      NEFC Central have proven they belong
                      Bolts East are certainly in the mix
                      Western U rounds out the top 4
                      (Seacoast, NH is the other top team)

Should be a real battle the rest of the way. These teams are playing good, clean soccer too. Fun to watch.

Comment

OP here. Looks like GotSoccer was pretty spot on at the start of the season. 5 teams have risen to the top in NEP's top U11 division, 4 from MA.

FC Stars remain the dop dog
                        NEFC Central have proven they belong
                        Bolts East are certainly in the mix
                        Western U rounds out the top 4
                        (Seacoast, NH is the other top team)

Should be a real battle the rest of the way. These teams are playing good, clean soccer too. Fun to watch.
                        Please define "good clean soccer"

Comment

Please define "good clean soccer"
                          And please define "dop dog" and "belong in the mix." You are all out of your minds as you pander to your own ego with 9- and 10- year old children. Queue Springsteen's Glory Days. Nut jobs.

Comment

Western U knocks off the "#1 team" in the state 6-3. What's the story with WUP this year? Are they stronger than last year? Was this game in hand the whole way, or did WUP get some late goals to make it look worse than it was?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X