Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your child is given scholarship and you signed paper work for premier soccer, and it wasn't cracked up to be how do you go about obtaining a release.
    Do I get my taxes back if I'm unhappy with the principal?

Comment

Respectfully disagree. If the parent actually knows something about soccer and is already very skeptical about the quality of the coach, try to make a move within the club (play up?) or politely move on. Questioning the club's judgment or trying to rally a group of parents to do so would be somewhat presumptuous this early in the season. But that doesn't mean your initial assessment isn't right.

Better to deal with getting resettled sooner rather than later.
      Not the poster but I respectfully disagree with your disagreement because you're assuming the parent knows something about soccer. Most soccer parents THINK they know something about soccer when in fact they know very little. They THINK they are doing what is best for their kids but can easily make it worse. I've seen as many people screw things up as do it right. Clubs haven't even played games yet and this guy is assuming the worst. Finding a quality position on another squad might be difficult. I'd wait the fall out and see how it shakes out. There's usually movement in the winter so if it necessary to move there will be better options and you can tell other clubs you gave it a chance.

Comment

Yet another in the long line of troll threads.

Comment

And if you're skeptical about the chemistry teacher?
          Worry more about education and less about soccer.
          Thanks, I've got both covered.

You forgot to sign in.

Comment

Not the poster but I respectfully disagree with your disagreement because you're assuming the parent knows something about soccer....
            Umm, I was "assuming" no such thing--which is why I specified, "If the parent actually knows something about soccer...."

The notion, promulgated by the likes of Cujo, that virtually no parent knows anything much about soccer is bizarre--as if no parent played, studies, or watches the game, which supposedly requires some esoteric knowledge and experience to begin to grasp. It's really not that complicated--if one actually knows something about soccer.

Comment

Umm, I was "assuming" no such thing--which is why I specified, "If the parent actually knows something about soccer...."

The notion, promulgated by the likes of Cujo, that virtually no parent knows anything much about soccer is bizarre--as if no parent played, studies, or watches the game, which supposedly requires some esoteric knowledge and experience to begin to grasp. It's really not that complicated--if one actually knows something about soccer.
              I'm definitely not Cujo lol of the poster you responded to but I agree that many times parents don't know much, especially when it comes to what makes a quality youth coach. They also often have an over-inflated view of their kids' abilities. One complaint was the coach was "disorganized." Is that on or off the field? Important difference. Maybe I also believe in giving people a full chance to prove themselves before passing judgment but not everyone operates that way these days.

A question I'd pose to the OP is would they leave if they had been paying customer? Is the situation so dire that even if they suffered a substantial financial hit they'd still leave? If yes then leaving is the right thing to do. If they'd say "we'll stick with it for now but won't pay anything more and leave in the winter" then maybe it isn't that bad? Just asking the question. Paying customer or not makes no difference in the process of getting released.

Comment

Over/under on how many more posts needed before we find out what this thread is really about.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  over/under on how many more posts needed before we find out what this thread is really about.
                  +/- 17

Comment

Over/under on how many more posts needed before we find out what this thread is really about.
                    "It's really not that complicated" which is why the majority of you spend thousands of dollars on having somebody teach your kid the game and then feel comfortable denigrating the job they do and the job itself.
                    Gosh, irony is such a blast.

Comment

"It's really not that complicated" which is why the majority of you spend thousands of dollars on having somebody teach your kid the game and then feel comfortable denigrating the job they do and the job itself.
                      Gosh, irony is such a blast.
                      You forgot to sign in again. But you have bigger problems, like logical reasoning--and plain confusion about why thousands of dollars might be spent.

Comment

it could go a few ways -

1) if your player is a stud you don't have to pay and can do whatever you want
                        2) parents don't have any obligation to clubs and can leave at will
                        3) parents don't know s h i t e, hover too much, and can wreck their kids soccer "careers"

Comment

Original op was not looking for scholarships or anything from other teams it was just a condition for my son to actually play for them team. Problem is coach is no longer there. coach that replaced other coach does not coach well and is very disorganized.
                          Maybe you should try being the team manager and seeing what a task it is to try and organize all the practice times and schedules for a team. Instead of complaining why not try helping.

Comment

Maybe you should try being the team manager and seeing what a task it is to try and organize all the practice times and schedules for a team. Instead of complaining why not try helping.
                            I am not talking about scheduling and all the other stuff. I was talking about a coaches method as to how he coaches the kids and there response towards him. When kids are standing around more than they are actually doing something and start to excessively fool around that is a problem. I have four children and have been through many clubs, but never a predicament like this. I know the difference between a good coach and a not so good coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X