Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you have a handy example of having a player who is "worth it"?
    Yes...My son!

Comment

Didn't say he got a full ride. His merit covers about 33% and soccer covers the rest.
      With most decent schools being around 45K, you are saying that they gave your kid almost 35K for soccer?

Last year the average scholarship for a Div. 1 school was $14,264 and Div. 2 was almost 6K. So let's assume that you are talking Div. 1. You are telling us that your kid is so good that he received 20k more then that average Div. 1 soccer player?

Comment

Yes...My son!
        Congrats on the gender change!

Comment

With most decent schools being around 45K, you are saying that they gave your kid almost 35K for soccer?

Last year the average scholarship for a Div. 1 school was $14,264 and Div. 2 was almost 6K. So let's assume that you are talking Div. 1. You are telling us that your kid is so good that he received 20k more then that average Div. 1 soccer player?
          Well, those are just averages aren't they? What about the Division 1 players who get next to nothing? I figure your kids lack of scholarships are paying for my kids scholarship.

Comment

Congrats on the gender change!
            Now, there is an example of specialization

Comment

Let's look at Providence College as an example. Below is a link to its fy 2014 EADA report:

http://www.providence.edu/about/fast...ada-report.pdf

For men, it spread 9.9 scholarship equivalents over 13 recipients.

For women, it spread 13.41 over 20 recipients.

NH

Comment

OP here. Thanks so much for all of the positive posts and input.

It's helpful to hear what others have done and how it's worked out.

Since he's a rising 6th grader, the other sports have all been rec. So not too intense.

He just wants to play soccer. Like the U16 parent that responded, he too is constantly watching games, You Tube how to videos, playing fifa while also rolling a ball with/at his feet etc.

We have a you have to do something active each season rule. So he's aware that if he quits soccer down the road he'll have to find something else.

Guess we'll just go with the flow and let him do what makes him happy.

Comment

Honestly, don't care if you want to lump me into the group of exaggerators on this site. I just know that I do not get a bill from his University. I am content with that, don't need you to believe me.
                  If I was your child I would emancipate myself as well.

Comment

OP here. Thanks so much for all of the positive posts and input.

It's helpful to hear what others have done and how it's worked out.

Since he's a rising 6th grader, the other sports have all been rec. So not too intense.

He just wants to play soccer. Like the U16 parent that responded, he too is constantly watching games, You Tube how to videos, playing fifa while also rolling a ball with/at his feet etc.

We have a you have to do something active each season rule. So he's aware that if he quits soccer down the road he'll have to find something else.

Guess we'll just go with the flow and let him do what makes him happy.
                    Get back to us when he's in 8th grade and he wants to specialize in marijuana.
                    But as long as he's happy...

Comment

Get back to us when he's in 8th grade and he wants to specialize in marijuana.
                      But as long as he's happy...
                      Thanks Donald

Comment

What? Is this some attempt at wit? All you people on here want to make yourselves feel better about the lack of money your kids get. There are very few if any full athletic scholarships for soccer, but there is a way to make it work. You have to have a player worth it though.
                        Do tell. Which University is so blessed to have your prodigy playing for them? I think you are lying through your teeth but if not you can easily confirm your story with a few more facts.

Comment

Do tell. Which University is so blessed to have your prodigy playing for them? I think you are lying through your teeth but if not you can easily confirm your story with a few more facts.
                          Relax, mate. He's obviously a Hillary supporter-lying comes natural.

Comment

Relax, mate. He's obviously a Hillary supporter-lying comes natural.
                            LOL! Too funny coming from the most transparently, serially lying poster of all time on TS. But at least you're not raging yet this morning.

Comment

LOL! Too funny coming from the most transparently, serially lying poster of all time on TS. But at least you're not raging yet this morning.
                              Give me some time, I'm a bit hungover...

Comment

If I was your child I would emancipate myself as well.
                                Jealousy is so ugly!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X