Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have to agree after my many years as well. Some folks are just better at hiding their dbagginess better than others.

My wife and I love freaking people out when they start yammering in different languages. She and I both speak a few but look like your average white suburban soccer parents. Amazing what parents will say to kids and officials just because they think no one understands them.
    What actually bothers me the most is how some parents treat their own children.

Comment

What actually bothers me the most is how some parents treat their own children.
      so at one of my sons games last year (he was a u10), this guys kid got hurt and went down, he started yelling at his son to get up...kid limped off the field and was clearly hurt. Guy kept yelling at the coach and told him to put his son back in that his son was fine, all the while the kid was crying with an ice bag on his knee. Kid went to put on his sweatshirt, father screamed to take it off and get back in the game. Finally the coach went over and told him to shut up or leave.

Comment

so at one of my sons games last year (he was a u10), this guys kid got hurt and went down, he started yelling at his son to get up...kid limped off the field and was clearly hurt. Guy kept yelling at the coach and told him to put his son back in that his son was fine, all the while the kid was crying with an ice bag on his knee. Kid went to put on his sweatshirt, father screamed to take it off and get back in the game. Finally the coach went over and told him to shut up or leave.
        Some may call that child abuse. I feel badly for that child

Comment

Hopefully, the dad will want to toughen up the kid and give him boxing lessons. Then the kid gets good enough and grows a bit - and beats the ever-living s**t out of dear old dad.

Comment

We've got a dad who is horrific to his daughters (same ages as my two) - constantly pushing, pushing, pushing. They're good but he thinks they are stars. He already has their academic and recruiting plan laid out. I can't tell you how many times they've been in tears, and that's just when I see them. Home life must be awful. I hope they make through the HS years sane and get the he** away from him. I seriously worry about their mental health

Comment

We've got a dad who is horrific to his daughters (same ages as my two) - constantly pushing, pushing, pushing. They're good but he thinks they are stars. He already has their academic and recruiting plan laid out. I can't tell you how many times they've been in tears, and that's just when I see them. Home life must be awful. I hope they make through the HS years sane and get the he** away from him. I seriously worry about their mental health
              It's pathetic but I've witnessed similar behavior with a dad a few seasons ago. He has a plan for his son and is constantly in his ear. During a summer pick up game the dad kept the kids water bottle with him so every break he got to berate his son on what he was doing wrong. The kid was 11, it was painful to watch. Summer pick up, ***? I think they are on their 3rd club from that point, I wonder why

Comment

It's pathetic but I've witnessed similar behavior with a dad a few seasons ago. He has a plan for his son and is constantly in his ear. During a summer pick up game the dad kept the kids water bottle with him so every break he got to berate his son on what he was doing wrong. The kid was 11, it was painful to watch. Summer pick up, ***? I think they are on their 3rd club from that point, I wonder why
                Here's one of my all time favorites

12 or 13 year old player, wearing an Ace Bandage on the knee . Ran after the ball , pulled up a little funny, then stopped to tighten the bandage.

The Father yells from the sideline

" The problem isn't with your Knee, it is with your head "

Comment

I just remembered, the same dad had his son change cleats twice during tryouts....at u13... on a well manicured grass field.

Comment

I just remembered, the same dad had his son change cleats twice during tryouts....at u13... on a well manicured grass field.
                    Maybe the cleats were new and the kid was developing a blister? Call DSS the father is clearly out of control.....sarcasm

Comment

Here's one of my all time favorites

12 or 13 year old player, wearing an Ace Bandage on the knee . Ran after the ball , pulled up a little funny, then stopped to tighten the bandage.

The Father yells from the sideline

" The problem isn't with your Knee, it is with your head "
                      Ace bandage? Dad was probably right. If you are hurt stay on the sideline. If you can play, play.

Comment

Maybe the cleats were new and the kid was developing a blister? Call DSS the father is clearly out of control.....sarcasm
                        I wish!! The kid missed a left footed shot and the dad blamed it on the cleats so he had him change. Last comment on this, I could write pages on this psychos sideline behavior.

Comment

Be careful. As much as I make fun of the other parents (and I've been around for a long time now), every once in a while I catch myself saying one of these silly things. You get caught. I remember one time when I said something stupid, a parent on the other team said "really?" and I immediately started laughing because what I said was so stupid. I promise it will happen to you.
                          I am guilty of both being the stupid guy on the sidelines and being the other guy calling someone on it.

One time a U14 kid on a break away shot it and it went straight at the goalie. Clearly a miss shot and not where the kid intended

The dad yelled at him to shoot at the corners. I turned to the dad and said it was a good thing he told him that otherwise he probably would have kept shooting it right at the goalie.

The dad laughed.

Comment

If you could post links to videos.

Comment

I am guilty of both being the stupid guy on the sidelines and being the other guy calling someone on it.

One time a U14 kid on a break away shot it and it went straight at the goalie. Clearly a miss shot and not where the kid intended

The dad yelled at him to shoot at the corners. I turned to the dad and said it was a good thing he told him that otherwise he probably would have kept shooting it right at the goalie.

The dad laughed.
                              OK, thats a good one for real...i myself have said that to my son on more than one occasion (never during a game, and usually with some humor). And each time he gives me the "duh, no kidding" look. Won't say it again.

Comment

OK, thats a good one for real...i myself have said that to my son on more than one occasion (never during a game, and usually with some humor). And each time he gives me the "duh, no kidding" look. Won't say it again.
                                Seriously, then why does he continue to shoot at the goalkeeper? Kids, like human beings generally, often continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. Sometimes the obvious needs to be said, and repeated.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X