• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't let her push you.
    He's not calling that .
    Are you kidding me ?
    Have one

turn and burn
    My favorite comes from the same parent (on my kids team) every single week. "This is the worst referring that I have every seen". Again, this is said every week. huh? I just laugh at him now. How is that even possible?

Comment

Where's the keg? I brought the Solo cups
      That is too funny! This will be our first season, can't wait to hear the crazies. Do people realize these are kids, not pro soccer players??? Too much.

Comment

No kidding - go watch some games on Long Island or New Jersey. One or two is sedate.
        Interesting. My daughter moved up to NPL this year and we played some LI and NJ teams. I was pleasantly surprised how calm the parents were. Granted, one of the girls told the ref to "F off" and got an immediate red, but the parents weren't anywhere near as bad as I had expected.

Comment

Interesting. My daughter moved up to NPL this year and we played some LI and NJ teams. I was pleasantly surprised how calm the parents were. Granted, one of the girls told the ref to "F off" and got an immediate red, but the parents weren't anywhere near as bad as I had expected.
          NPL teams are a little classier than some other LI leagues and definitely better than LI travel. Watch yourself in those parking lots :).

Comment

After many years of this, I can tell you that the NY/NJ and further south crowd is much more restrained than most MA parents. We do not get a reputation for being M@$$holes from the wind.

Comment

That is too funny! This will be our first season, can't wait to hear the crazies. Do people realize these are kids, not pro soccer players??? Too much.
              Be careful. As much as I make fun of the other parents (and I've been around for a long time now), every once in a while I catch myself saying one of these silly things. You get caught. I remember one time when I said something stupid, a parent on the other team said "really?" and I immediately started laughing because what I said was so stupid. I promise it will happen to you.

Comment

Be careful. As much as I make fun of the other parents (and I've been around for a long time now), every once in a while I catch myself saying one of these silly things. You get caught. I remember one time when I said something stupid, a parent on the other team said "really?" and I immediately started laughing because what I said was so stupid. I promise it will happen to you.
                True. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the moment and not realize what an idiot you are. It gets better the longer you're in it.

Comment

I can see that happening. I just really don't like when parents disparage kids on their team or the opposing team. These are KIDS for goodness sake! Give them a break, they are trying. To bash them is unethical and immature.

Comment

After many years of this, I can tell you that the NY/NJ and further south crowd is much more restrained than most MA parents. We do not get a reputation for being M@$$holes from the wind.
                    You couldn't be any more wrong. Been doing this for over a decade. The metro NY parents are generally jerks. Last time one of my kids played a team from down there a father literally screamed out to his daughter to "break her f**cking leg" when she didn't get a call he felt his daughter should have gotten. Lots more of those stories where that came from.

Comment

You couldn't be any more wrong. Been doing this for over a decade. The metro NY parents are generally jerks. Last time one of my kids played a team from down there a father literally screamed out to his daughter to "break her f**cking leg" when she didn't get a call he felt his daughter should have gotten. Lots more of those stories where that came from.
                      I have to agree with you. I also have 10 plus years and they NY/NJ parents can be really nasty. Upper state NY is fine.

Comment

I have to agree with you. I also have 10 plus years and they NY/NJ parents can be really nasty. Upper state NY is fine.
                        I was at a U12 tournament in CT a few years ago, my son's team was matched against a team from LI and a few of the parents were obnoxious. A kid on my sons team got fouled (tripped from behind) and fell awkwardly on his side and stayed down. The idiot dad standing next to me kept yelling "get your ass off the ground" and "that was a total flop". I told him to shut his mouth and stop accusing an 11 year old of flopping who is clearly hurt. He said he wasn't out of line and laughed like a jackass. Classy...
                        Guess what, that kid had an injury that sidelined him for the fall. Hopefully karma prevails.

Comment

Well, judging from some of these observations, I really hope that the apple falls very far from the tree! To instigate and condone hurting of kids is disgusting. Imagine what their homes are like? This is just youth soccer, not the pros!

Comment

After many decades of participation with several children, and still heavily involved , there aren't any particular geographic area parents that are worse than others. There are good and bad all over. Sorry to disappoint some of you .

Comment

After many decades of participation with several children, and still heavily involved , there aren't any particular geographic area parents that are worse than others. There are good and bad all over. Sorry to disappoint some of you .
                              True statement, every weekend regardless of where you are you can find multiple overzealous parents shouting ugly things. My kid tells me he doesn't hear parents yammering while he is on the field, which is fine by me.

Comment

Have to agree after my many years as well. Some folks are just better at hiding their dbagginess better than others.

My wife and I love freaking people out when they start yammering in different languages. She and I both speak a few but look like your average white suburban soccer parents. Amazing what parents will say to kids and officials just because they think no one understands them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X