Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.summercampsbarcelona.com/...ona_spain.html

Seems interesting -- not serious soccer, but sounds like really good immersion.

And one in Madrid:
    http://www.learn4good.com/schools/in...ccer_camps.htm

No idea if either program is any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      http://www.summercampsbarcelona.com/...ona_spain.html

Seems interesting -- not serious soccer, but sounds like really good immersion.

And one in Madrid:
      http://www.learn4good.com/schools/in...ccer_camps.htm

No idea if either program is any good.
      Thanks -- I googled too. I was hoping for some personal experience.

No worries. I will research further

Comment

I disagree. If you look at the consensus and filter the noise, there is some great info here.
        only info on our tournament schedule was found here. never sent by our club

Comment

only info on our tournament schedule was found here. never sent by our club
          Then you're at a lousy club

Comment

www.rusticpathways.com

They do a lot of trips all over the world, some with sports, many without. But the trips tend to be to poorer nations and many trips involve a service component along with having fun. One of mine did one a few years ago and it was a good lesson in world-reality for him. Company is very well run.

The next kid is doing one next year

Comment

www.rusticpathways.com

They do a lot of trips all over the world, some with sports, many without. But the trips tend to be to poorer nations and many trips involve a service component along with having fun. One of mine did one a few years ago and it was a good lesson in world-reality for him. Company is very well run.

The next kid is doing one next year
              Thanks for the lead. I have never heard of this. Did your child do the soccer and outreach or just the service camps?

Comment

Thanks for the lead. I have never heard of this. Did your child do the soccer and outreach or just the service camps?
                Older one did not do a sport but one with a heavy service component. Worked at an orphanage for three weeks in the middle of nowhere 3rd world country. Like I said very eye opening and he wasn't a spoiled kid by any means. My next one will do a soccer one, probably the one where you stay with a host family (can't remember if it's DR or CR). Full language immersion! He's less adventuresome so the soccer piece makes it more enticing

Comment

Older one did not do a sport but one with a heavy service component. Worked at an orphanage for three weeks in the middle of nowhere 3rd world country. Like I said very eye opening and he wasn't a spoiled kid by any means. My next one will do a soccer one, probably the one where you stay with a host family (can't remember if it's DR or CR). Full language immersion! He's less adventuresome so the soccer piece makes it more enticing
                  And they really are very well run. Several friends' children have gone through them as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X