Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are either a troll, dumb*ss or simply an ignoramus.(You choose). Zero tolerance is in place to keep idiots like you from screaming on the sidelines of a meaningless youth soccer game! In many cases these kids are trying their best to referee a game while parents like you scream "off-sides" or "FOUL" any time your team gets beat or your child gets knocked down.

As a coach for 5 years I've never once yelled at a ref, no matter what the call and have only spoke to them(quietly) if play is getting dangerous.

Did you ever think that the reason you have the 11yr old ref, is that adults don't get paid enough to deal with a**holes like you.
    I am guessing the poster is all of the above but is too stupid to realize it.

Comment

It was a D3 U10 town soccer game. Actually the situation was that both teams were very unskilled and the game had gotten overly physical, largely because the young ref was completely over their head. After carrying my third crying young girl off the field I attempted to speak to the young official and ask him to slow the game down. What I was attempting to say to him (I do know what a proper tone is in that type of situation - low key and polite) was I don't care who he calls a foul on when kids are going down in heaps like they were, he should just blow the whistle to slow the game down. Now this was about as far away from a high level soccer game as you could get and trust me when I say that winning it was the farthest thing from my mind ( I was actually a teach first and the wins will come later down the road type of coach) but the other coaches where really into the moment so to speak and the game had escalated out of control. You get the picture, hooting and hollering when a kid gets flattened and creating about as hostile an environment as you could imagine. My girls were completely intimidated and wanted no part of playing the rest of the game and the parents were starting to get into on the sidelines. It was an awful situation and the complete antithesis of what any of us were trying to do by being there. As soon as I said something to the ref though the other coaches started screaming to me "Zero Tolerance, You can't talk to the official" repeatedly. I then asked the other coach to talk to the official and they refused citing the Zero Tolerance policy. I then asked for him to call the supervising official over to talk to the young ref and was told that they didn't have one. Basically none of the adults from the home team were willing to step in and calm things down and they were so worked up about winning the stupid game they couldn't see how out of control it had become. You can talk about crazy parents all you like but I have run into as many crazy coaches and dysfunctional agenda driven youth programs as I have crazy parents over the years so from where I sit the idea that any adult would sit back and just "trust" that their kids would get a fair shake is just ridiculous.

Comment

It was a D3 U10 town soccer game. Actually the situation was that both teams were very unskilled and the game had gotten overly physical, largely because the young ref was completely over their head. After carrying my third crying young girl off the field I attempted to speak to the young official and ask him to slow the game down. What I was attempting to say to him (I do know what a proper tone is in that type of situation - low key and polite) was I don't care who he calls a foul on when kids are going down in heaps like they were, he should just blow the whistle to slow the game down. Now this was about as far away from a high level soccer game as you could get and trust me when I say that winning it was the farthest thing from my mind ( I was actually a teach first and the wins will come later down the road type of coach) but the other coaches where really into the moment so to speak and the game had escalated out of control. You get the picture, hooting and hollering when a kid gets flattened and creating about as hostile an environment as you could imagine. My girls were completely intimidated and wanted no part of playing the rest of the game and the parents were starting to get into on the sidelines. It was an awful situation and the complete antithesis of what any of us were trying to do by being there. As soon as I said something to the ref though the other coaches started screaming to me "Zero Tolerance, You can't talk to the official" repeatedly. I then asked the other coach to talk to the official and they refused citing the Zero Tolerance policy. I then asked for him to call the supervising official over to talk to the young ref and was told that they didn't have one. Basically none of the adults from the home team were willing to step in and calm things down and they were so worked up about winning the stupid game they couldn't see how out of control it had become. You can talk about crazy parents all you like but I have run into as many crazy coaches and dysfunctional agenda driven youth programs as I have crazy parents over the years so from where I sit the idea that any adult would sit back and just "trust" that their kids would get a fair shake is just ridiculous.
        I've seen this in town and club and in these instances the coaches have pulled kids off the field. I've seen FM do this during a game or two..

Comment

Oh, sorry, clicked the wrong thread.

Thought it said uncoachable parents.

Comment

I've seen this in town and club and in these instances the coaches have pulled kids off the field. I've seen FM do this during a game or two..
            Ok, so this is not a zero tolerance issue...if you have a significant safety issue and you have attempted to bring it to the refs attention with no result, i agree you pull your team off the field, especially at this age.

Comment

Well, if FM has done it...

Comment

Ok, so this is not a zero tolerance issue...if you have a significant safety issue and you have attempted to bring it to the refs attention with no result, i agree you pull your team off the field, especially at this age.
                Wasn't the point that things like Zero Tolerance policies can cut both ways.

Comment

Long time coach here and I have yet to be involved in a match where teams were pulled from the pitch. Red cards, players removed, lots of yellows, coaches kicked out, but never have we pulled a team or vice versa.
                  And to think some of you are talking about it at u11 or younger.
                  Nothing but an urban legend.

Comment

I have a question for you. Do you rent or own the double wide you live in with your third husband?

Comment

U10 d3 really?
                      Clumsy kids making clumsy plays.
                      You have a long hard learning curve in front of you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X