Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    $3000 and it doesn't include a uniform? You people are insane.

So you are willing to pay 3000 but not 3200?
    You should be budgeting yourselves for 5,000 per year.

Comment

That's the GPS business model right there folks. Increase the fee $200 every year and parents won't complain. Its so easy.

Comment

Not sure what age, region, or team they are referring to, but GPS for my son costs the same as NEFC for my daughter. Both clubs had kits that were over $300 for the complete package and neither included the kit in the base fee.

Again, if you can't afford the kit, why are you playing club soccer? As a family, we'll spend more than $300 on gas, food, and hotel costs for the tournament this weekend. I spent $30 just for gas to drive to Lancaster and back this past weekend. With the kids going through growth spurts, cleats barely last a season and we generally buy both grass cleats and turfs as we train on turf most of the time.

You need to look hard at all the costs involved in club soccer and decide if your family can afford it or find a less expensive team/sport.

Comment

If you can't afford the kit, you shouldn't be playing club soccer.

As far as GPS goes, my son loves his Bayern Munich jersey. The GPS kit costs about the same as the NEFC kit and looks much better than their generic Nike kit with Route 2 Hyundai as a sponsor (Hyundai, really?). Never mind the girls team uniforms Boston Breakers patch... worst NWSL soccer club in the league.

Bayern Munich won their first Bundesliga match 6-0. Whose uniform would you rather be wearing, the top pro team in Germany or some some generic uniform (or worse, a soon-to-be-defunct women's team).

And for those who say the pro-team association is worthless, Bayern coaches come to the US to train GPS coaches and Bayern coaches were at the residential camps. A few select US players went to Germany to train with their youth academy. What professional teams are your club associated with?
          So you're the guy they talk about in marketing meetings.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X