2015 Central Ma. Boys D1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St. John's 1 Xaverian 0. St. John's 3-0. Xaverian beat St. John's prep last week

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      St. John's 1 Xaverian 0. St. John's 3-0. Xaverian beat St. John's prep last week
      what a result. St. John's looks reaaaal good this year.. scary

Comment

St John's looks okay but they are very small. Can't wait to see them ply a team that has some good sized forwards who aren't afraid to run through the ball and the player......

Wachusett barely beat Marlborough, who is a team without a goalkeeper.

Nashoba has the weight of RG around their ankles and Gonk has the old fat guy in suspenders making the plays!

No wonder CMass Div 1 is a joke!

Comment

St John's looks okay but they are very small. Can't wait to see them ply a team that has some good sized forwards who aren't afraid to run through the ball and the player......

Nashoba has the weight of RG around their ankles and Gonk has the old fat guy in suspenders making the plays!

You're a class act.

Comment

Another educated wonder sharing their brilliant prognostications.

Cheers, mate

Comment

I haven't seen a coaching poll for boys out just girls. So I'll do my D1 top 5 and Central Mass top 10 based upon results, strength of opponents, results of opponents vs other teams.

D1
              1. Wachusett
              2. Groton
              3. Algonquin
              4. Saint Johns
              5. Shepherd Hill or Westborough

CENTRAL
              1. Wachusett
              2. Groton
              3. Grafton
              4. Algonquin
              5. Nipmuck
              6. Saint Johns
              7. Sutton
              8. Douglas
              9. Westborough
              10. Shepherd Hill

Comment

I haven't seen a coaching poll for boys out just girls. So I'll do my D1 top 5 and Central Mass top 10 based upon results, strength of opponents, results of opponents vs other teams.

D1
                1. Wachusett
                2. Groton
                3. Algonquin
                4. Saint Johns
                5. Shepherd Hill or Westborough

CENTRAL
                1. Wachusett
                2. Groton
                3. Grafton
                4. Algonquin
                5. Nipmuck
                6. Saint Johns
                7. Sutton
                8. Douglas
                9. Westborough
                10. Shepherd Hill

SH beats Gonk and you have Gonk over SH...... ok....

Comment

One game determines nothing ! USA defeats Germany and Nethetlands 2 months ago should they be ranked higher?? No that be foolish ! Gonk is a better team and will be a better team than SH at end of the year.

I have ZERO affiliation with either school. I'm basing it on overall team not one game. In a few weeks come back on and then decide if " I made the wrong ranking" but until then Gonk is ranked higher and is overall better !

Comment

SH has also dropped games to GD and Sutton, so his ranking of them may not be incorrect. Now Grafton at #3 - not sure about that one . . . Yeah, they're 3-0-0, but they haven't beaten anyone either.

Comment

CMASS Boys Soccer coaches poll released today:

1. Wachusett
                      2. Groton-Dunstable
                      3. Shepherd Hill
                      4. Algonquin
                      5. St. John’s
                      6. Nipmuc
                      7. Douglas
                      8. Nashoba
                      9. Westboro
                      T10. Doherty
                      T10. Tantasqua

Others receiving votes: Grafton (2-0-0, 18), Leominster (1-0-1, 13), Sutton (0-1-0, 7), Shrewsbury (0-0-2, 5), Bartlett (0-1-1, 4), Marlboro (0-1-0, 1), Northbridge (2-0-0, 1).

--

Bartlett and Northbridge shouldn't even be receiving votes in my opinion, N'bridge fell to Nipmuc 3-0 pretty easily. Sutton is not the same Sutton of the past 4 seasons at all and are probably not a top 10 team even though they played a great game against Shepherd Hill. Not sure how good Shepherd Hill is at this point, not really convinced the result against Gonk was legit or just a fluke thing. Douglas played a great game saturday night against Wachusett and couldve came out of that game with a win. Nipmuc beating D1 teams but most people agree that those teams are down and neither win was super convincing. St. John's beats Xaverian who topped St. John's prep, they should be a scary team to play against but their biggest downfall is their size. Wachusett playing good overall but Douglas (D3) has been their hardest challenge so far and that was an even game.

Comment

A couple good matchups in the coming week;
                        Westborough plays Gonk and GD…. Should give a good indication of Westborough’s future.
                        SJS vs. Wachusett Monday night. Should be a good one.

Comment

St. John 6 North 2. St. John's 4-0. AF and KA score 5

Comment

Not D1 but this had to be shared:

Whitinsville Christian 2-0 Sutton

Wow.

Comment

St. John 6 North 2. St. John's 4-0. AF and KA score 5
                              Whats the excuse for the 2 goals ?? I saw Wachusett shut them out !! That 4 goals vs city teams !!!

Comment

Played bench in second half

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X