Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry but Beachside, LHV are not very good, Bolt level. Agree that V made the top Ohio u13 and 3rd best in R3 look very average.
    Valeo is very average!

Comment

Remember, this was the third-level division of the tournament--much different than the prior year. The best 2002 players are already playing at the academy level. Those teams were all playing in the higher tournament bracket. You take those players off the field and the overall quality of play goes down.
      There was one good preacademy team. One. The others were pathetic. Already beat those players anyway.

Comment

I watched some of the video and the dad cheering obnoxiously after the goals would drive me totally nuts.

Although I found the guy on the sidelines, wearing the chair as a hat, was my favorite :)

Comment

I thought the same, I was bored after watching for about 2 minutes. What's all the hype about this super team. I saw nothing special
          My kid just started out in club two years ago, so still pretty young. He and his teammates have improved so much over the past two years, that I thought the play by U13 would be pretty good quality if they were to continue on the same development trajectory. Now I'm feeling perhaps I was a little delusional after a look at the U13 play in the video. Anyone have a U13 video that can show this isn't typical quality of play for this age? Does the improvement curve generally tend to slow a bit after those first years in club? I'll have to check out an academy game for this age group one of these weekends to see how far other teams have come. It'd be fun for my kid, too, to see what top level play looks like for kids a few years older.

Comment

My kid just started out in club two years ago, so still pretty young. He and his teammates have improved so much over the past two years, that I thought the play by U13 would be pretty good quality if they were to continue on the same development trajectory. Now I'm feeling perhaps I was a little delusional after a look at the U13 play in the video. Anyone have a U13 video that can show this isn't typical quality of play for this age? Does the improvement curve generally tend to slow a bit after those first years in club? I'll have to check out an academy game for this age group one of these weekends to see how far other teams have come. It'd be fun for my kid, too, to see what top level play looks like for kids a few years older.
            Haha!!!! Nice try.

Comment

I watched some of the video and the dad cheering obnoxiously after the goals would drive me totally nuts.

Although I found the guy on the sidelines, wearing the chair as a hat, was my favorite :)
              I love the chair-hat too. I would have like to see some of the women down front wearing some yoga pants. The long khaki shorts are not that flattering.

Comment

Right, the video shows that the coaching decisions are odd. This was the second half of the finals. The team won 0-4 and once the team was up the coach mixed it up to the detriment of play. Agree, it was a mess at times.

The coach will have to do better at EDP Cup and choose better on who goes. There are some very talented players on this team who were clearly frustrated.
                I cannot spot one truly talented player in that video, which one are you talking about?

Comment

I would have like to see some of the women down front wearing some yoga pants. The long khaki shorts are not that flattering.
                  It's entirely possible that she was there to support her kid playing soccer, rather than to woo some creep checking her out from the stands....

Comment

I cannot spot one truly talented player in that video, which one are you talking about?
                    On the other hand, I can't spot the player that is supposedly a detriment to the team. They all looked pretty even skill-wise to me.

Comment

Umm, not sure if this is for real. If you really put your kid in club for 2 years and he or she isn't to U13 and you are worried about Jaxson or Jayden tracking to some ambiguous standard of play you may already be deluded.

Comment

Sorry but Beachside, LHV are not very good, Bolt level. Agree that V made the top Ohio u13 and 3rd best in R3 look very average.
                        Give me a break. These opponents were hardly the "top" teams at this age, the best players are all in the academy and academy teams don't chase points. Thats as true in Ohio as it is anywhere else. While GS points are generally meaningless, they are even more so among boys teams starting at U13 age when the best players are elsewhere. They might mean a little more for girls teams. This was the third division of this tournament.

Comment

Give me a break. These opponents were hardly the "top" teams at this age, the best players are all in the academy and academy teams don't chase points. Thats as true in Ohio as it is anywhere else. While GS points are generally meaningless, they are even more so among boys teams starting at U13 age when the best players are elsewhere. They might mean a little more for girls teams. This was the third division of this tournament.
                          Elsewhere? Where would that be?

You can look through the results yourself to see how the mighty DAP teams did against Valeo over the last year. Judging from what Union did to all of them, they haven't got any better.

Comment

Sorry- wrong. The pre-academy and U13 should not even be in the same age group because.....they are not the same age. They have kids on their teams who are 8 months older than the kids on the U13 teams.

That said, the Philly Union team was the only decent team in the pre-academy section. What a sad state of soccer if this is the best of the best. OY All of those games should have been 1 goal differential. And by the way, why was there a top and second bracket of pre-academy??

Comment

Elsewhere? Where would that be?

You can look through the results yourself to see how the mighty DAP teams did against Valeo over the last year. Judging from what Union did to all of them, they haven't got any better.
                              Valeo did not play any DAP teams last year. This year, the top 2002s are playing in the actual DAP U14 league. Not on "pre-academy" teams.

Comment

Valeo did not play any DAP teams last year. This year, the top 2002s are playing in the actual DAP U14 league. Not on "pre-academy" teams.
                                Yes, the top PLAYERS with a 2002 BY, but that is probably very few. It is likely that Valeo faced a few of them last years but..... it that really important?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X