Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    L-S is flimsy for now, pending more data. Maybe it wasn't clear Woburn was woeful when L-S was initially listed. For Medford, it appears that the poster wasn't aware of a tie v Marblehead. Wayland and Lexington will probably move up if their results merit.
    Lot of Medford hate, watch them play. They're good. Short preseason, plenty of good teams had poor first weeks.

Comment

Update after 9/16 results

Framingham and Marshfield lost, BC and Silver Lake tied. On the plus side, Needham beat Framingham, C-C, Malden, Medford, Oliver Ames, Braintree, Mansfield, Norton and Brockton all won.

Below are 26 (added Needham) E.Mass. teams that seem deserving of a ranking, even this early, based on results THIS year. If there's another deserving team, please list their results so far so that we can judge who they've played.
      Nauset (beat Martha's Vineyard, Barnstable & New Bedford)
      Brockton (beat CM, Somerville, Durfee, Marshfield)
      Framingham (beat Weymouth & Natick, lost to Needham)
      Winchester (beat Stoneham, Watertown & Malden)
      Concord-Carlisle (beat Latin, Bedford, Hopkinton, Weston)
      Needham (lost to Brookline, beat Wellesley,Framingham)
      Oliver Ames (beat Franklin,Taunton,N.Attleboro)
      Malden (beat Lawrence,E. Boston,Somerville; tied Medford, lost to Winchester)
      Medford (tied Malden & Marblehead, beat Tewksbury & Everett)
      Acton-Boxborough (beat Peabody)
      BC (beat Xaverian & Cheverus (Maine), tied CM)
      Wayland (beat Newton South & Westford)
      Braintree (beat Newton North, Milton & Brookline)
      Reading (beat Burlington & Wakefield)
      Silver Lake (beat B-R & Hanover, tied Marshfield & Hingham)
      Xaverian (beat SJ prep & Malden Catholic, lost to BC & SJS)
      SJ prep (beat Xavier (Conn.), Malden Catholic & Masconomet, lost to Xaverian)
      New Bedford (tied B-R, beat GNBRVT, lost to Nauset)
      Beverly (beat Revere & Lynn English)
      Dartmouth (beat Durfee & Sandwich)
      Norton (beat Bellingham,Medway,Medfield)
      Lexington (beat Wakefield & Wilmington)
      Mansfield (beat Milford,Stoughton; tied Bishop Feehan)
      Marshfield (beat Barnstable, tied Silver Lake & B-R, lost to Brockton)
      B-R (tied Marshfield & New Bedford, lost to Silver Lake, beat Falmouth)
      L-S (beat Waltham)

Comment

Lot of Medford hate, watch them play. They're good. Short preseason, plenty of good teams had poor first weeks.
        Medford's best forward didn't play the first two games. Not sure why. Could be injury, suspension, or waiver for age. Since he's been back they've score 6 goals in two games.

Comment

Please explain how PT is so good? Seems to change jobs, clubs every few years.
          Lets not get going on the PT thing here. We all know his deal, looking out for himself and that $$$. But that has nothing to do with his coaching ability, guy can coach. Maybe the dedication to the high school game isn't there though.

Comment

Lets not get going on the PT thing here. We all know his deal, looking out for himself and that $$$. But that has nothing to do with his coaching ability, guy can coach. Maybe the dedication to the high school game isn't there though.
            Nonsense --Please stick to the teams--I realize he's not everyones favorite person, but do not question his work ethic unless you are involved with the team. He has not had more than 2 or 3 top players to work with since taking the job in 2013. This years team is similar. He also lost a real difference maker to private school.

Comment

Nonsense --Please stick to the teams--I realize he's not everyones favorite person, but do not question his work ethic unless you are involved with the team. He has not had more than 2 or 3 top players to work with since taking the job in 2013. This years team is similar. He also lost a real difference maker to private school.
              Stop with the whole losing players to Private Schools, All towns on the south shore lose great talent to private schools. live with it and move it. But i will say usually a quality coach and program finds a way to keep those players or give them a good reason to want to play in his program

Comment

Stop with the whole losing players to Private Schools, All towns on the south shore lose great talent to private schools. live with it and move it. But i will say usually a quality coach and program finds a way to keep those players or give them a good reason to want to play in his program
                100% agree. Not sure if this is the case with other areas, but this is definitely the case on the South Shore. It impacts all of the teams and I would guess equally. Certainly impacted my kids school and we won that states anyway.

Comment

100% agree. Not sure if this is the case with other areas, but this is definitely the case on the South Shore. It impacts all of the teams and I would guess equally. Certainly impacted my kids school and we won that states anyway.
                  Way to ignore the point of the comment--Don't question someones work ethic unless you have first hand reason to--Overall talent is what wins and losses --kids staying/coming and going are factors.

Comment

I dont care how good PT is, Marshfield is not a contender.

Hingham will be competing with Dartmouth for D2 south crown.
                    Hingham, Nauset, Pembroke and Dartmouth the class of D2 south. Expect all 4 in the semis if no upsets...

Only Bishop Feehan, Canton, Walpole and maybe OA will compete.

Comment

Hingham, Nauset, Pembroke and Dartmouth the class of D2 south. Expect all 4 in the semis if no upsets...

Only Bishop Feehan, Canton, Walpole and maybe OA will compete.
                      I would replace Pembroke with OA here and you have a solid top 4. Canton doesn't belong in the conversation

Comment

Way to ignore the point of the comment--Don't question someones work ethic unless you have first hand reason to--Overall talent is what wins and losses --kids staying/coming and going are factors.
                        Not questioning his work ethic or his coaching ability. High school soccer is a different animal compared to club. Takes a different level of daily commitment and connection with players that is hard to do with a busy club schedule during the high school season. Don't take it personal, not putting PT the coach down at all.

Comment

I would replace Pembroke with OA here and you have a solid top 4. Canton doesn't belong in the conversation
                          OA plays in the Hock. They will finish middle of the pack against mediocre teams except for Foxboro and Canton.

I think Pembroke from our league is much better. I even think Whitman Hanson is stronger than OA or other teams in the Hock.

Comment

Walpole from Baystate will wipe the floor with all these teams.

Comment

OA plays in the Hock. They will finish middle of the pack against mediocre teams except for Foxboro and Canton.

I think Pembroke from our league is much better. I even think Whitman Hanson is stronger than OA or other teams in the Hock.
                              Whitman Hanson?!?!?! Please, you must not know EMass soccer as well as you think you do. OA would win that game easily. WH will be lucky to get in the tourney.

Comment

Walpole from Baystate will wipe the floor with all these teams.
                                Compete with, yes, wipe the floor with, no. You're just being a Walpole homer

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X