Boys isl 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom half of ISL will beat 70% of most public schools. How many good teams will there be in the Bay State League. How many DAP players does Needham have?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Best Club players play for the top clubs such as NEFC, GPS, STARS, Western, Scorpions, etc.
      The teams that made the final four of the NPL and the State Tournament, Many top ISL players prefer to play for their High Schools. The DAP will be giving out many more waivers in the future as they are losing out on the best players, especially the bolts. NEFC, GPS, Stars, Western would beat the Bolts on a regular basis. The U17 NEFC team this past spring would beat the Bolts 7 out of 10 and would beat the Revs as well. If you know all the ISL kids you must know this is true. This will be the fourth year I will be watching my son play in the ISL and I have been watching the ISL for the past 7 years, I do not know most of the kids in the ISL but I do know many kids that are great players and many kids that may not be great players but they are good kids and would start on almost any Public school team. You are also talking about schools that are not even in the ISL. Why would you disparage a league you really know nothing about because it is a Prep league. What is wrong with going to a NESCAC school and getting a great education and have fun playing soccer at the D3 level. Not all ISL kids are rich. 25% receive financial aid and I know many parents that struggle to send their kids to an ISL school because of the excellent education that is offered. Try saying something positive. Not sure why you are on this site
      Okay so now you really lose all credibility. Top clubs Like NEFC,GPS, Stars and Western? What level of soccer within these clubs do you think are the top teams? Not arguing the education piece in the prep schools, just the brand of football. These prep school players will play collegiate soccer somewhere but not in top soccer programs and as I stated, that can be easily achieved from the publics. Bottom line, prep school soccer will not produce national teams players and attaching our educational system to this sport has been proven not to be a viable plan. The NCAA will have to make drastic changes to its rules very soon!!
      So carry on the talk about so and so on Nobles or the keeper from Rivers etc.. it's all nonsense.

Comment

Bottom half of ISL will beat 70% of most public schools. How many good teams will there be in the Bay State League. How many DAP players does Needham have?
        Not sure about this statement

Comment

Okay so now you really lose all credibility. Top clubs Like NEFC,GPS, Stars and Western? What level of soccer within these clubs do you think are the top teams? Not arguing the education piece in the prep schools, just the brand of football. These prep school players will play collegiate soccer somewhere but not in top soccer programs and as I stated, that can be easily achieved from the publics. Bottom line, prep school soccer will not produce national teams players and attaching our educational system to this sport has been proven not to be a viable plan. The NCAA will have to make drastic changes to its rules very soon!!
          So carry on the talk about so and so on Nobles or the keeper from Rivers etc.. it's all nonsense.
          Perfect, great. You have made your point. This is a forum for ISL, not national team. So let the ISL folks enjoy. As to you, bug off.

Comment

Perfect, great. You have made your point. This is a forum for ISL, not national team. So let the ISL folks enjoy. As to you, bug off.
            My pleasure, I will bug off. Continue this idiotic conversation about prep school soccer and the league of un-coordinated snot nosed rich nerd kids who pose as soccer players.

Comment

"Committed to a D3 school", how utterly impressive. You can get there from a public high school. Just maintain decent grades and play 4 years of soccer. No $$ is given, but you already know that rich boy.
              Last night saw BU play BC. Between them they had 11 New England prep school players. Those 11 must have slipped through the cracks and not ended up at a D3 school.

Comment

Last night saw BU play BC. Between them they had 11 New England prep school players. Those 11 must have slipped through the cracks and not ended up at a D3 school.
                What soccer powerhouses BC and BU are!! Recognized both Nationally and Internationally!!
                NCAA dopes!!

Comment

Must have been a fabulous match, akin to a high school game. Give me a break.

Comment

Not sure about this statement
                    I am quite certain about this statement. It's spot on.

If you say otherwise, you haven't actually watched teams in both categories compete (public v private). This isn't a boast, but rather a reality of the crazy socio-economics in play with youth soccer in this state.

ISL and Prep soccer is legit at all levels, particularly top. And so is top level public, but it drops off fast.

Comment

I am quite certain about this statement. It's spot on.

If you say otherwise, you haven't actually watched teams in both categories compete (public v private). This isn't a boast, but rather a reality of the crazy socio-economics in play with youth soccer in this state.

ISL and Prep soccer is legit at all levels, particularly top. And so is top level public, but it drops off fast.
                      What the hell does that mean? Legit in terms of what? Quality/brand of soccer? Coaching/instruction? Frequency of training/matches? How about this is "spot on", USA school soccer at all levels is INADEQUATE. It's no more than recreational soccer. ISL soccer is rec soccer for the privileged 2% of society. Even more of a farce.

Comment

What the hell does that mean? Legit in terms of what? Quality/brand of soccer? Coaching/instruction? Frequency of training/matches? How about this is "spot on", USA school soccer at all levels is INADEQUATE. It's no more than recreational soccer. ISL soccer is rec soccer for the privileged 2% of society. Even more of a farce.
                        Precisely, some secret association of rich towns and communities who's offspring are mandated to play sports as part of their well rounded curriculum. Forced to play a musical instrument and try to learn a foreign language but really never master anything. The kids of alumni get a free pass to an Ivy and a few years down the line, misbehave and never amount to anything. Great environment.

Comment

Time to move on from this. Obviously there is someone that does not care for the ISL/prep soccer and seems to have all the answers, so be it. Soccer is supposed to be fun for those that play it. Some players are better than others and a small percentage move on to play at very high levels regardless if they play in the ISL. DAP, or public schools. All three have produced outstanding players. As to the quality of leagues , that can be debated and can be different from year to year. This is an ISL site. Practices will finally get started soon and we can turn our attention to what is actually taking place on the field as scrimmages begin. Good luck to all the ISL teams and players and lets hope for a fun competitive year. In the end for most it is the education that matters and this applies to Public or Private schools.

Comment

What soccer powerhouses BC and BU are!! Recognized both Nationally and Internationally!!
                            NCAA dopes!!
                            You lose credibility here. These are strong D1 programs playing in strong leagues.
                            The ISL player at BC had winning goal in first game and winning assist in 2nd game.

Comment

Must have been a fabulous match, akin to a high school game. Give me a break.
                              And where are you paying?

Comment

My pleasure, I will bug off. Continue this idiotic conversation about prep school soccer and the league of un-coordinated snot nosed rich nerd kids who pose as soccer players.
                                ...and who will play better soccer than the vast majority of public school teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X