Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
    Fair point that last list was updated following weekend results.
    Sadly, I've read all the pages
    LOL! Good humor.
    About the Stars friendlies, I will say this: the Breakers keeper did a fine job (contrary to what some commentary implied--and, no, I'm not her parent).

Comment

Stars U13's won all three games including a 6-3 victory over SSS and a 2-1 victory over Breakers. They also beat their U14 NPL team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Stars U13's won all three games including a 6-3 victory over SSS and a 2-1 victory over Breakers. They also beat their U14 NPL team.
        A previous poster mentioned the breakers being without a GK. Could this be the reason for the victory ?

Comment

Doubtful in my opinion. At least what I was able to observe in the second half. I thought the Breaker's goalkeeper played well and made several really good saves. Breakers had a few talented players but Stars top to bottom were very deep. Stars generated a lot of offense especially in the last 20 minutes when it was tied and moved the ball much better.

Comment

Omg

Out of curiosity, I went into the SSS website. The rising UG13s have apparently been training during the summer. Also, one of their girls made ODP UG13 regional. They will be going to Spirit Cup and are listed for Stars Cup. It seems they will be bring competition.

http://academy.gotsport.com/clubsite...&TeamID=684403
            Hmmm I wonder who your daughter is. HAA. You fool no one.

Comment

The Breakers and Stars will continue to play each other at least twice a year in their ECNL competitions so it would be very easy to measure who is the better team over multiple games. I watched this game waiting for my daughter to play next and thought the Stars outclassed Breakers.

Comment

The Breakers and Stars will continue to play each other at least twice a year in their ECNL competitions so it would be very easy to measure who is the better team over multiple games. I watched this game waiting for my daughter to play next and thought the Stars outclassed Breakers.
                I watched the full game waiting for my daughters game as well. I completely disagree with your assessment. The first half the stars never controlled the ball and the keeper kept them in the game. Stars goals were both missed plays by keeper. Not sure you were at the game.

Comment

...The first half the stars never controlled the ball and the keeper kept them in the game. Stars goals were both missed plays by keeper. Not sure you were at the game.
                  This is ridiculous--and, yes, I was at the game. Time will tell soon enough.

Comment

Stars won 2-1. I only saw the second half. Breakers seemed to have a solid keeper who made a great save late in the game so it could have been Stars 3-1. Stars were producing many shots and two that I saw barely missed. Yes I was at the game waiting for my daughters U14 game to begin and I'm not a Stars parent.

Comment

This is ridiculous--and, yes, I was at the game. Time will tell soon enough.
                      Really? Fill us in on the game. Break it down for us.

Comment

Sad that a 12-13 year old goalie has to be the scapegoat when she played well. Guess parents can't cope with their kids losing. Blame the goalie when all else fails when anyone who saw the game knows the breakers just got out played.

Comment

Sad that a 12-13 year old goalie has to be the scapegoat when she played well. Guess parents can't cope with their kids losing. Blame the goalie when all else fails when anyone who saw the game knows the breakers just got out played.
                          Really? Not a breakers or stars parent. How did your team do in the 8:00 game?

Comment

our team won 2-0 in the 8:00

Comment

In earlier posts there were predictions for U13.

Based on this past weekend's games...

1) Stars
                              2) NEFC
                              3) Breakers
                              4) SSS

Comment

Stars beat the Boston Breakers and South Shore Select over the weekend so let us see if they can beat NEFC at the Stars Cup. Didn't both teams get new talent over the summer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X