Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boys BU11 2015-2016

Ok, this thread is purely for FUN and for those that are curious about the BU11 landscape. This is WAY too early to put any value in caring about wins / losses or star players. The next few years will level the playing field significantly as kids develop and catch up to one another.

All of that said…it's fun to take a look at this age group for the first time. With Got Soccer ratings just recently being announced (and there are many flaws with them…but at least it gives us a starting point), I figured we'd highlight the top teams to keep an eye on. If you think got soccer is missing some fun clubs to watch, let us know!

Top 5 (per got soccer)
    Western U (a perennial powerhouse at the younger ages)
    Boston Bolts East (the pre-merger Scorpions)
    Aztec (always in the mix)
    FC Stars (tremendous team-first style of play)
    Boston Bolts (the 2nd of 3 Bolts teams in the top 10)

Other notables:
    3 NEFC teams in the next 4
    Galway Rovers slip in at 10 (and 13).

Looking forward to updates throughout the season.

Looking for FUN teams to keep an eye on. It's great seeing kids excel at an early age and have fun with the game. It's also great seeing teams that pass well and see the whole field.

Really don't care about who's beating whom…just looking to catch some good soccer while standing around on the fields this Fall, and beyond.

Nefc cup

there's a new #1. Newton United just took the new seasons NEFC Cup to climb to #1 in the Gotsoccer rankings. NEFC teams were competitive too, but Newton just has too many athletes. There was a Euro team that made the finals...I'm not familiar with their program.

Comment

Only MA?

You've only listed Mass. Teams, but they'll be playing other new england teams, so I think you should broaden the discussion. Seacoast, NH, has two strong pre academy teams. They'll compete with any of the MA teams, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        there's a new #1. Newton United just took the new seasons NEFC Cup to climb to #1 in the Gotsoccer rankings. NEFC teams were competitive too, but Newton just has too many athletes. There was a Euro team that made the finals...I'm not familiar with their program.
        Did they award the points already?

Comment

Slow down, hoss. Newton got 98% of it's GS points from this one pre-season tournament. Considering teams don't earn GS points until U11, I'd temper expectations until at least the fall season shakes out. You really don't know how good the other squads are out there based on one tournament.

Comment

Nep

At this point, I'd be looking at NEP's top division before got soccer rankings…we haven't even seen this teams compete as U11s yet. The first teams that play in tournaments (i.e. Newton United) have the advantage in rankings.

NEP's top divisions should be interesting…

Bayside Bolts
            Seacoast
            NEFC Central
            FC Stars
            Western United
            GPS Boston
            GPS Metro North
            Boston Bolts East

It looks like Got Soccer captures some of these teams in the top 10, but not all. This is the group I'd be watching at the onset of the season.

Comment

FC Stars Cup

FC Stars Cup coming up this weekend with several of these teams involved. Should get some answers sooner rather than later.

Comment

FC Stars Cup coming up this weekend with several of these teams involved. Should get some answers sooner rather than later.
                The FC Stars Central United team is going to be tough to reckon with this season. They played up to U11 last season in the NEP and absolutely demolished my kid's U11 team. Same with the Scorpions team (now FC Boston Bolts East Elite).

Should be an interesting year.

Comment

You've only listed Mass. Teams, but they'll be playing other new england teams, so I think you should broaden the discussion. Seacoast, NH, has two strong pre academy teams. They'll compete with any of the MA teams, IMO.
                  MA Forum ...

Comment

Game on

FC Stars / Kings get the weekend started tomorrow night. Anybody know anything about the Kings team? Unless I hear otherwise, I'm thinking Stars by at least 4. Oh sorry, this thread is just about fun. I hope the boys have a good clean game, and that there are lots of smiles on their faces!

Comment

At this point, I'd be looking at NEP's top division before got soccer rankings…we haven't even seen this teams compete as U11s yet. The first teams that play in tournaments (i.e. Newton United) have the advantage in rankings.

NEP's top divisions should be interesting…

Bayside Bolts
                      Seacoast
                      NEFC Central
                      FC Stars
                      Western United
                      GPS Boston
                      GPS Metro North
                      Boston Bolts East

It looks like Got Soccer captures some of these teams in the top 10, but not all. This is the group I'd be watching at the onset of the season.
                      so i havent seen the teams this year, but my son played some last year and saw some other games..and the best teams I saw were scorpions, WUP, Valeo, and NEFC United as U10's. Don't know if they are as good this year. The GPS teams didnt seem as good and havent seen the others

Comment

A friend of mine who has a son on the Seacoast Preacademy 1 team told me they added two boys from the u11 A team from last fall. They were playing up last year and they trained with the professional team in England this summer.

Should be a great weekend to watch this age group. I think this team that was already solid, should be tough match-up for our Mass teams. Looking forward to seeing some great young teams this weekend on the boys side.

Comment

Stars

The Stars have gotten things going with an 8-1 win. Looks like they haven't missed a beat over the off-season. Tomorrow should be fun.

Comment

Fc stars cup day 1 revap

No real surprises at the stars cup. What's obvious is the top 4 teams: stars, bolts east, seacoast 1, and Ginga, and then there's a significant gap.

Big game tomorrow morning...stars vs seacoast. Judging by today's scores it could go either way (the Stars beat the Kings by more, but Seacoast beat Bolts-Boston by more). I'll give the nod to the stars.

The winner plays Bolts East.

Should be a good day of soccer.

Comment

Actual score was 12 - 1 and Stars played down a player for the last 20 minutes in an attempt to even the play. It didn't work...not sure why web site says 8 - 1?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X