Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I haven't heard of many if any cases of covid from soccer. That being said there were teams that dropped out of the last 2 weekends. That means players or families were exposed. Those teams did not play, so the games went on. Of course of a player did not have symptoms and was not tested there is some risk. Personally I think parents should stay in the car or home reduce the crowding but who want to drive to games and not watch.
    My daughter's team had a girl infected and practiced all along (no masks) before she found out and it never passed to a teammate.

Small sample size; yes. But, 1/16th of a roster equates to a larger infected percentage than our state.

A lot needs to happen to actually infect someone.

Comment

My daughter's team had a girl infected and practiced all along (no masks) before she found out and it never passed to a teammate.

Small sample size; yes. But, 1/16th of a roster equates to a larger infected percentage than our state.

I wouldn't say a lot has to happen with the amount of cases in the state Doc....

Comment

No masks? great!. Keep the good work.

True that outdoors the chances of spread are lower. Had it been indoors it may have been a different story.

Comment

Said by a real genius here

Comment

No masks? great!. Keep the good work.

True that outdoors the chances of spread are lower. Had it been indoors it may have been a different story.
            It was several months ago during the first wave, and were not required at that time.

Comment

Said by a real genius here
              1) Someone needs to be infected (less than 5%)
              2) That person needs to be close to you
              3) That person needs to be spewing at you
              4) That person (likely) would not be wearing a mask
              5) You (likely) would not be wearing a mask

If all those boxes are checked, sure.

Comment

Some of you chuckleheads think as long as you see someone who has it, that you will get it.

I sat in a room for a small funeral service with less than 20 people (family) for a couple of hours; all unmasked. Found out later one person had it (during a contagious period, while she was mostly asymptomatic), and the rest of us never got it. We were all within 6' at various times with her, shared food and drink, hugs and handshakes.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but again...just because someone in close proximity to you has it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get it. But, you know, stay in your basement if that makes you feel better.

Comment

Some of you chuckleheads think as long as you see someone who has it, that you will get it.

I sat in a room for a small funeral service with less than 20 people (family) for a couple of hours; all unmasked. Found out later one person had it (during a contagious period, while she was mostly asymptomatic), and the rest of us never got it. We were all within 6' at various times with her, shared food and drink, hugs and handshakes.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it, but again...just because someone in close proximity to you has it doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get it. But, you know, stay in your basement if that makes you feel better.
                  Dr. Karen is on call!!!

Comment

Dr. Karen is on call!!!

Ummm...I don't think you know what that means in your reply to the post above. But, go on...

Comment

Dr. Karen is on call!!!
                      Hahaha!!! Listen to Dr. Karen!

Comment

All games are a go !!

Comment

Hahaha!!! Listen to Dr. Karen!
                          Go Karen!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUEUXKl-S4

Comment

Tell that to the hockey people
                            Shouldn’t lump hockey, basketball or soccer together.

Of the 3 soccer is the safest. Especially outside especially wearing masks.
                            Basketball is the most chance for contact and players are literally draping all over each other.
                            Hockey locker rooms are the issue.

But even with that seriously the kids aren’t spreading it.
                            It’s the parents. Are they wearing masks, carpooling, going out to eat.

If you’d all just go straight to practice and straight home we would be great.

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Shouldn’t lump hockey, basketball or soccer together.

Of the 3 soccer is the safest. Especially outside especially wearing masks.
                                Basketball is the most chance for contact and players are literally draping all over each other.
                                Hockey locker rooms are the issue.

But even with that seriously the kids aren’t spreading it.
                                It’s the parents. Are they wearing masks, carpooling, going out to eat.

If you’d all just go straight to practice and straight home we would be great.
                                Well COVID took another team out this weekend......bet there are more coming

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X