Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true. People in Australia, for example, are enjoying normal life right now. Other countries have not had the huge number of deaths the US has had either

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...de-by-country/
    If the United States was an isolated country in the southern ocean that could more easily close its borders, our lives would be back to normal too. Plus Australia's population is less than California.

Comment

If the United States was an isolated country in the southern ocean that could more easily close its borders, our lives would be back to normal too. Plus Australia's population is less than California.
      Certainly being an island helps. But our neighbor Canada hasn't seen the huge death toll we've had, for example. Our federal government failed to mount an adequate response. The only good thing they did was invest in vaccines

Comment

With Covid cases and hospitalizations expected to rise or stay high well into February or March, is it likely matches will be postponed until about March?

Comment

With Covid cases and hospitalizations expected to rise or stay high well into February or March, is it likely matches will be postponed until about March?
          March sounds way too optimistic in my mind. If the numbers don't look good in January and than Biden takes office in late January, we may be looking at a serious nationwide lockdown for at least 4 weeks. That 4 weeks would be the original stated plan. It will be longer.

The original 2 weeks turned into this...what is it now, 9 months?

Comment

March sounds way too optimistic in my mind. If the numbers don't look good in January and than Biden takes office in late January, we may be looking at a serious nationwide lockdown for at least 4 weeks. That 4 weeks would be the original stated plan. It will be longer.

I am one that moves with abundance of caution - however, I'm looking at Johns Hopkins data and our local county data (Pierce so one of the big 3) and don't see any real spikes that would justify any extensions. Not saying the numbers look good - deaths are most certainly more compacted (rare is the day with no deaths) and case #'s are skyrocketing but hospitalizations are actually trending downwards and we haven't seen a huge increase in deaths like one would expect with the case count increase. If the average age of both is still in the upper brackets then we very well might be able to impact both metrics significantly with the first round of the vaccine (assuming people take it).

I'm not tying this to the inauguration one iota though. If we had a single national response instead of this juvenile grandstanding on the parts of certain states then we wouldn't be here now still talking about it.

Comment

What makes you think Biden will take office?

Comment

We didn't need closed borders. We needed a uniform approach that was actually followed by all states and people. We never closed our borders here in Washington....if the mid and south west had followed our protocols then we wouldn't be here today.

Comment

let it go man....

Comment

The simple fact that he won both the popular and electoral college. No reason for him not to take office. Where has your buddy Trump been during this entire sh*tshow of a pandemic? He's been on the golf course the entire time, the one time he has had a chance to be a strong leader for this country and he has fu*cked it up. I am astonished by the amount of people like you who think that Trump is a strong leader.

Comment

The models show deaths continuing to rise until about Feb 21st, even with the vaccine roll out and a universal mask order. Fauci says the general population with get first vaccinations starting end of March or April. Biden doesnt have the authority to do a universal lockdown so best case is April or May for resuming competitions. Models show lessening restrictions in January will cause cases, hospitalizations and death rates to careen upwards. Not that someone might decide youth sports are more important than hospitalizations and death rates and ok starting up matches in January. My guess is a compromised start in March.

Comment

The simple fact that he won both the popular and electoral college. No reason for him not to take office. Where has your buddy Trump been during this entire sh*tshow of a pandemic? He's been on the golf course the entire time, the one time he has had a chance to be a strong leader for this country and he has fu*cked it up. I am astonished by the amount of people like you who think that Trump is a strong leader.
                        Never said he was but curious to know why you all think Biden will win. Do yourself a favor and follow his Twitter account. CNN is not your friend.

Comment

funny

Am following Biden's and Trumps twitter and still think Biden is president in january. Maybe you should stay away from OANN. BTW Voted democrat but still think kids should be playing

Comment

Never said he was but curious to know why you all think Biden will win. Do yourself a favor and follow his Twitter account. CNN is not your friend.
                            Curious - what do you see in Biden's Twitter that would signal that he doesn't think he's going to win?

Comment

none

Is this even a soccer forum anymore?

Comment

Is this even a soccer forum anymore?
                                I honestly believe these are trolls posting this nonsense. If you check the other states in the soccer forum, it's happening there too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X