X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperCup - what DA should have been all along

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...eid=a692272d89

ECNL announces "Best v Best" platform. Each club will maintain a single pool of top players from across the U15-U18/19 ages for additive training and competition in addition to existing Club Competition.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

ECNL announces "Best v Best" platform. Each club will maintain a single pool of top players from across the U15-U18/19 ages for additive training and competition in addition to existing Club Competition.
    LOL

ECNL over expanded, diluted its product and now they have to scramble to provide complaining college coaches a product worth watching.

Comment

LOL

ECNL over expanded, diluted its product and now they have to scramble to provide complaining college coaches a product worth watching.

Lol, you must feel left out. Show me any other league that has better talent and i will show you NEFC snake oil salesman.

Comment

Welcome to the national team pool.

Comment

Not on the boys side..

Comment

Not on the boys side..
            JeeZuss
            When will you learn that unless specifically stated, its not about boys
            In the US girls soccer attracts and retains Tier 1 athletes. Boys...nuh

Comment

Not on the boys side..
              They shop shop MLS for that. Duh. And by MLS I mean actual MLS teams.

Comment

Lol, you must feel left out. Show me any other league that has better talent and i will show you NEFC snake oil salesman.
                If you are talking the boys side...NPL is the same. ECNL teams consistently lost to NPL teams during Thanksgiving and Memorial Day tournaments. I'm not saying NPL is better but neither is ECNL. Having witnessed NPL, ECNL, DA, ISL/Founders, etc I would say that ECNL and NPL teams would lose 90% of the time to DA and ISL/Founders schools (and by ISL I mean the legit schools like Black Rock, Taft, etc).

Comment

Just another “money grab”

Comment

This is probably accurate on the girls side.

Comment

Just another “money grab”
                      How is it a money grab? It's a bit of additional training with other high level players in the club. Where does money come into this equation?

Comment

The ECNL Super Cup will include a limited but scalable number of divisional games per participating club in the 2021-2022 season, with many clubs expected to offer a 10-month programming option for these players.
                        Does the "10-month" mean that this will try to supplant HS soccer? I don't see that working in MA when there are only 2 ECNL clubs...

Comment

How is it a money grab? It's a bit of additional training with other high level players in the club. Where does money come into this equation?
                          Sounds a lot more ambitious than “a bit of additional training”. ECNL is creating another level above ECNL National with it’s own game schedule. Maybe free at first, but eventually someone has to pay for the additional practice and game time. From ECNL announcement:

With the addition of the Super Cup, ECNL clubs will now be able to manage a complete and progressive development and competition platform for players across multiple age and performance levels, extending from the ECNL Regional League, to the ECNL Club Competition, to the ECNL Super Cup.

Comment

[Quietly laughs at ECNL pushing a 10-month agenda]

Comment

[Quietly laughs at ECNL pushing a 10-month agenda]
                              Are they? Seems like it's "an option" and just like with GDA/GAL, only some will be interested in it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X