X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    6 more of the 14's listed on the 16's roster. the number is 23
    If you are rostered on the 16s you can't play down regardless of your actual age.

Comment

The problem is exactly what you stated...would your son or my son would have been able to "work out" with this team for the last two years? Just because they wanted to? Two years they have been an unofficial part of this team and they still aren't quality enough to be on it. What does that tell you? Manufacturing a player is wrong. There are two qualified players who missed out because these kids were penciled in two years ago....regardless of talent.
      If I or you were director then yes our kids would have been out their getting touches with some of the best players in the area. Now they're Rostered but do still have to earn their way onto the field.

Comment

If I or you were director then yes our kids would have been out their getting touches with some of the best players in the area. Now they're Rostered but do still have to earn their way onto the field.
        Why do they have to earn their way onto the field? They didn't earn their way onto the roster.

Comment

If you are rostered on the 16s you can't play down regardless of your actual age.
          For the sake of the hand full listed on the 16's game day rosters you better be wrong.

Comment

Why do they have to earn their way onto the field? They didn't earn their way onto the roster.
            Very funny. We shall see with time.

Comment

No different than Apajee and Herivaux. This crap repeats itself everyone time a coaches son is old enough to jump in. I bet the Kraft's have no idea about the little coaches empire that is going on, or he'd fire them all. Then again, he doesn't give a crap about soccer!!
              Makes no difference, the Revolution will fold soon, look at Chivas this week.

Comment

Who did they play for? Let me guess. Gps blackwatch. Everyone knows GH has long ties with these clubs. Jolly ol English boys club.
                AS did not play for any top team. No region one experience.
                He's been playing for NH Cobras.

If he's been practicing with revs for two years, do any revs parents know if he's any good? Maybe all the extra training with top players has made him a much better player. IDK

Comment

While I am not saying that nepotism is not in play here, I do ask the question....
                  'what does it matter?' These two will be in the bottom part of the roster of 23. Their presence should not impact on any of the higher quality kids nor should it affect the Revs season.
                  Just wait and see....I guarantee these kids will get far more playing time than they deserve. The other players know these two shouldn't be there. They won't be treated equally by their teammates but coddled by coaches and staff. That creates a great deal of tension in an organization that is already rife with it.

This move really hurts the credibility of the Revs and DAP in general. It is supposed to be above favoritism and politics. But since the parents aren't paying and the Revs name gets their kids looks by college, they have little recourse and would never say anything.

Comment

If he's been practicing with revs for two years, do any revs parents know if he's any good? Maybe all the extra training with top players has made him a much better player. IDK
                    Probably is an improved player, but it doesn't mean any more deserving of a coveted spot. Big difference.

Comment

No different than Apajee and Herivaux. This crap repeats itself everyone time a coaches son is old enough to jump in. I bet the Kraft's have no idea about the little coaches empire that is going on, or he'd fire them all. Then again, he doesn't give a crap about soccer!!
                      Makes no difference, the Revolution will fold soon, look at Chivas this week.
                      The revs will not fold anytime soon. As long as Kraft's Pats are doing well (and they will continue to do so for a long time), Revs revenue is coming in (RDS and some ticket sales) and while they have this "home-grown player" nonsense wrapped around DAP's nose, it's not going to happen.

Not saying it was right but Apajee and Herivaux were decent players- not these kids..and they never will be - like another poster said, if two years training with the revs didn't help, it's over. Revs let many other players go with a one year "trial" without blinking an eye. Problem is they are the only MLS club in town so that just breeds corruption.

Comment

I've seen these two kids play plenty. There are literally dozens of players from this area that are far better and far more deserving of a DAP U14 roster spot. Not to mention more age appropriate. It's a really disgusting abuse of power. DAP needs to take notice and take action. If nothing is done then DAP will lose serious credibility.

Comment

It matters on so many levels:

1) They didn't earn it. Two deserving players don't get to join the revs.

2) The training intensity and level drops because of much weaker players- so the better players don't get great training.

3) You think they won't get significant game time? Burns and Scales will see to it that they do. So it will negatively affect the level of the game (for both teams), lower team chemistry and player spirit

4)Lots of respect lost for the Revs academy and these boys must feel a little guilt.

5) Corruption is the enemy of development.
                          Kraft needs to clean shop. DAP need to take action or Kraft won't do a damn thing.

Comment

Is dap going to do anything about this? Or is tony lepore a part of this corruption? For Tony to ignore this makes him just as dirty as they are.
                            Good point. Tony Lepore needs to pull some weight here and stop this or he's just as corrupt.

I think Tony knows and is keeping shut. His bosses probably don't know and I think they need to know. I'm going to look into it but is there any process for reporting this to DAP and people at the top?- Youth technical director, Tab Ramos, Sunil Gulati, Garber, etc..?

Comment

I've seen these two kids play plenty. There are literally dozens of players from this area that are far better and far more deserving of a DAP U14 roster spot. Not to mention more age appropriate. It's a really disgusting abuse of power. DAP needs to take notice and take action. If nothing is done then DAP will lose serious credibility.
                              How did you see them play, since parents are not allowed to watch practices?

Isn't TB technically a U12 with a Sept 01 birthdate?

Comment

Please excuse this question as I am unfamiliar with the NH Cobras. Is it a club that plays in NEP or MAPLE or another league? I haven't run across the cobras before and the web site reads more like a training or clinic type organization. Just curious since someone mentioned that one of the new rostered players is from that club. My son is younger - u12 - and although he is a strong player, I can't imagine him being good enough to play with kids that are 1 and 2 years older at the revs academy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X