Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA Div1 Schools

Let's size up how they are doing, because there should be more MA recruited from this bunch this year.

BC - Already has verbals from 2 Blue Chip MA recruits. Maybe another depth player, but they may be done in MA.

Northeastern - 3 Good MA players.

BU - One good NY player and a west USA player. FO will likely grab the traditional FC Blazer player he normally gets each year.

Holy Cross - Surprised MK hasn't snapped up a few players. He has a lot of tentacles around here.

Harvard - No athletic money so they don't close as early, but we should be hearing some names soon.

UMass - They have one commit from out of state. They usually close late, but often get a nice selection of MA players. Should be hearing soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Let's size up how they are doing, because there should be more MA recruited from this bunch this year.

BC - Already has verbals from 2 Blue Chip MA recruits. Maybe another depth player, but they may be done in MA.

BU - One good NY player and a west USA player. FO will likely grab the traditional FC Blazer player he normally gets each year.

Holy Cross - Surprised MK hasn't snapped up a few players. He has a lot of tentacles around here.

Harvard - No athletic money so they don't close as early, but we should be hearing some names soon.

UMass - They have one commit from out of state. They usually close late, but often get a nice selection of MA players. Should be hearing soon.
      These schools recruit nationally and most of their rosters are made up of non-Mass players and I doubt that this is going to change any time soon. Those not already committed at this point and likely to join these teams will be depth/roster players only. The D1's are 99% done with their recruiting for their impact/starter recruits. D2's and D3's are still very much in flux.

Comment

I like the way you throw out terms such as "blue chip recruit, depth player, good MA player" in the discussion above.

There have been many "good (very good) MA players" over the past few years attending these institutions and have seen little playing time or not on the team any more.

Good luck to all the players at the MA institutions. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

NU has 4 local players

Comment

I like the way you throw out terms such as "blue chip recruit, depth player, good MA player" in the discussion above.

There have been many "good (very good) MA players" over the past few years attending these institutions and have seen little playing time or not on the team any more.

Good luck to all the players at the MA institutions. I hope it works out for you.
            Your kid never played huh?

Comment

NU has 4 local players
              MA players returning

Harvard 3
              BC 2
              BU 3
              Holy Cross 3
              UMass 11

BTW I count 3 MA for Northeastern/are you counting the ME kid?

Also to correct an earlier poster, one MA team does recruit locally. Wanna guess from the above list? Right now they are at 0 MA kids.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;895286]MA players returning

Harvard 3
                BC 2
                BU 3
                Holy Cross 3
                UMass 11

NU - HB, RS, MO'C, MG

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;895300]
                  MA players returning

Harvard 3
                  BC 2
                  BU 3
                  Holy Cross 3
                  UMass 11

NU - HB, RS, MO'C, MG
                  Oh, I see, you are talking about 2013's, not players on the current roster, and BTW, is RS Ryan or Robert?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;895311]

Oh, I see, you are talking about 2013's, not players on the current roster, and BTW, is RS Ryan or Robert?
                    Robert

Comment

Kofi Abankroh-Worcester Academy-F.C Barcelona Academy

D1

Haden Cosman-Berkshire School-American University
                      Zeiko Lewis-Berkshire School-Boston College
                      Adolph Kawuba-NE Eagles-Wilbraham& Monson Academy-Boston College
                      Nate Pomeroy-Bolts-Groton Dunstable HS-Brown
                      Sebastian Blickman-Lincoln-Bucknell
                      Jett Oristaglio-FC Blazers-Nobles&Green-Dartmouth
                      Sam Millbury-Seacoast-Brooks-Lafayette
                      Harrison Balder-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern
                      Matthew Callahan-Bolts-Newton North-Northeastern
                      Marc Greenblatt-Bolts-Winchester-Northeastern
                      Dominik Machado-Revs-Prov College
                      Mac Steeves-Bolts-Needham HS-Prov College
                      Chip Sherman-Aztecs-Masconomet HS-Siena
                      Mark Richards-Oakwood-Williston Northampton-UCONN
                      Bernard Yeboah-NE Eagles-Worc Academy-Vermont
                      Robert Schallmo-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern*

D2

An Huynh-Bolts-Andover-Adelphi

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
                      Josh Ocel-Worcester Academy-Brandeis
                      Tony Amolo-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
                      Sam Clougher-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
                      Luis Echeverria-Berkshire School-Middlebury College
                      Phil Skayne-Middlesex School-Middlebury College

Comment

Kofi Abankroh-Worcester Academy-F.C Barcelona Academy

D1

Haden Cosman-Berkshire School-American University
                        Zeiko Lewis-Berkshire School-Boston College
                        Adolph Kawuba-NE Eagles-Wilbraham& Monson Academy-Boston College
                        Nate Pomeroy-Bolts-Groton Dunstable HS-Brown
                        Sebastian Blickman-Lincoln-Bucknell
                        Jett Oristaglio-FC Blazers-Nobles&Green-Dartmouth
                        Sam Millbury-Seacoast-Brooks-Lafayette
                        Harrison Balder-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern
                        Matthew Callahan-Bolts-Newton North-Northeastern
                        Marc Greenblatt-Bolts-Winchester-Northeastern
                        Dominik Machado-Revs-Prov College
                        Mac Steeves-Bolts-Needham HS-Prov College
                        Chip Sherman-Aztecs-Masconomet HS-Siena
                        Mark Richards-Oakwood-Williston Northampton-UCONN
                        Bernard Yeboah-NE Eagles-Worc Academy-Vermont
                        Robert Schallmo-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern*

D2

An Huynh-Bolts-Andover-Adelphi

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
                        Josh Ocel-Worcester Academy-Brandeis
                        Tony Amolo-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
                        Sam Clougher-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
                        Luis Echeverria-Berkshire School-Middlebury College
                        Phil Skayne-Middlesex School-Middlebury College

WOW - I guess playing for the Bolts is almost like automatic admission to Northeastern. Four recruits has just got to be some kind of record.

Comment

WOW - I guess playing for the Bolts is almost like automatic admission to Northeastern. Four recruits has just got to be some kind of record.
                          gotta fill out the roster from some where

Comment

gotta fill out the roster from some where
                            Guess you did not follow the season this year, huh? Real class act response.

Comment

Commitment lists are like crack. Incredibly intoxicating in the short run but really bad for you in the long run. In both cases the only one that really benefits is the dealer. In this case that would be the club. They generally put them out to sell the next generation of hopefuls. Parents who need to stroke their ego so badly that they would willing put their children in the spotlight like this need their heads examined.

Always ask yourself these questions when you see these sorts of lists. Will the player actually play there (if it seems to good to be true it probably is). Did the player actually get money to go there (the answer is generally no unless the answer to #1 is a resounding yes). Will the player actually graduate with a meaningful degree (the answer is generally no unless the player is incredibly mature and truly understands the value of the deal they are entering into).

Comment

Commitment lists are like crack. Incredibly intoxicating in the short run but really bad for you in the long run. In both cases the only one that really benefits is the dealer. In this case that would be the club. They generally put them out to sell the next generation of hopefuls. Parents who need to stroke their ego so badly that they would willing put their children in the spotlight like this need their heads examined.

Always ask yourself these questions when you see these sorts of lists. Will the player actually play there (if it seems to good to be true it probably is). Did the player actually get money to go there (the answer is generally no unless the answer to #1 is a resounding yes). Will the player actually graduate with a meaningful degree (the answer is generally no unless the player is incredibly mature and truly understands the value of the deal they are entering into).
                                Well said. Maybe one player will go on to a professional career and they'll make, what, about $50,000 per year for a short career. Investing in a good education is the best bet for any of these students so they can go on to earn a decent living at a lifelong career. You won't see me putting my son's name here but I suspect it's not always the parents adding to this list. To an extent what gets posted on this list is often out of one's control.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X