Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let’s be clear on one thing - the FC Stars West girls were NPL players till the B ECNL teams (West) were added this year.

Comment

Let’s be clear on one thing - the FC Stars West girls were NPL players till the B ECNL teams (West) were added this year.
      That is absolutely untrue. The fc stars west group is primarily based out of metro west. I’ll give you an example. 2006 Stars west and east played each other in a tournament recently, West won. They are very comparable in talent level. Stars has the depth to create to equal teams. CFC in CT does as well as they are pulling players from all over CT and NY. I predict PDA will follow suit.

Comment

Let’s be clear on one thing.Ecnl east entire starting lineup is fc stars west players.

Comment

05 yes not 06

Comment

That is absolutely untrue. The fc stars west group is primarily based out of metro west. I’ll give you an example. 2006 Stars west and east played each other in a tournament recently, West won. They are very comparable in talent level. Stars has the depth to create to equal teams. CFC in CT does as well as they are pulling players from all over CT and NY. I predict PDA will follow suit.
            Are you taking about 06s and commit lists. These are 6th and 7th graders yes?
            Do you know that Stars West was once a region to itself? The teams played in NEP/NPL. Totally different from then Stars ECNL teams that go by East - West

Comment

Do you know that Stars West was once a region to itself? The teams played in NEP/NPL. Totally different from then Stars ECNL teams that go by East - West
              Good Qs. Past references to Stars West (old) are not the same as Stars ECNL West (new)

Comment

Good Qs. Past references to Stars West (old) are not the same as Stars ECNL West (new)
                Not to mention old Stars West our of Roots Complex is basically now NEFC West our Roots Complex. And yes, completely different from ECNL East and West both based out of Lancaster, which are just labels and not based on geography.

Comment

*out of

Comment

People on TS have some serious reading comprehension issues.

Comment

Commit list shows really no edge given to any league.
                      Because it is the player and not the league that coaches are interested in...

At a crappy college showcase in upstate NY last spring and college coaches were all over a player on my kid's team. That team plays NEP. Are you going to find Duke, Stanford, or UCLA at that showcase? No. However, for the most part, those schools are scouting NT prospects. For 99% of the players out there, that isn't realistic.

Back to ECNL vs. NPL vs. DA, again, if I'm looking at schools on the East coast within 8-12 hours drive of home (which is the vast majority of prospective college students) and I am not on getting invites to the NT, why am I travelling all over the country for tournaments?

Here is a hint: tournaments are a racket for clubs and a huge money maker. the money tourneys bring in is huge and the marketing for the club if they win is also huge. No where does the family or player benefit...

Comment

Here is a hint: tournaments are a racket for clubs and a huge money maker. the money tourneys bring in is huge and the marketing for the club if they win is also huge. No where does the family or player benefit...
                        Sure they do. It allows a club like Stars to put two teams into ECNL. It allows clubs to build newer, safer facilities. It allows for more salary to keep coaches. All that benefits the player.

The new Mercedes for the Director? Ok, so that doesn't benefit the player.....

Comment

Sure they do. It allows a club like Stars to put two teams into ECNL. It allows clubs to build newer, safer facilities. It allows for more salary to keep coaches. All that benefits the player.

The new Mercedes for the Director? Ok, so that doesn't benefit the player.....
                          I know there is sarcasm in the post, but let me respond by saying if this isn't the epitome of "Country Club" soccer, what is? The reality is that professionals all over the world started playing soccer on dirt fields with makeshift goals. Hell, Pele grew up playing with a soccer ball made of rolled up clothes and learning to juggle fruit.

Comment

People on TS have some serious reading comprehension issues.
                            Valid. Do I have this right?
                            Link to ECNL commit list gets posted, and 13 Girls have "FC Stars West 18/19 ECNL"
                            Another poster counters saying Stars West girls were NPL previously (ergo, NPL deserves some credit)
                            The counter is countered by saying those girls are not same (maybe a few are)
                            There is a non-sequitur related to 05/06s - Maybe trying to show Stars ECNL West different than Stars West. Still have no idea why 05/06s are relevant to senior year commits

Now here is where I get confused. Another poster says Commit list shows no difference.
                            Has an NPL commit list been shared that we can use for comparison?

As for the recently posted "its all a scam".. Yea, tell us something new, but I really haven't seen an alternative pathway emerge

Comment

Because it is the player and not the league that coaches are interested in...

At a crappy college showcase in upstate NY last spring and college coaches were all over a player on my kid's team. That team plays NEP. Are you going to find Duke, Stanford, or UCLA at that showcase? No. However, for the most part, those schools are scouting NT prospects. For 99% of the players out there, that isn't realistic.

Back to ECNL vs. NPL vs. DA, again, if I'm looking at schools on the East coast within 8-12 hours drive of home (which is the vast majority of prospective college students) and I am not on getting invites to the NT, why am I travelling all over the country for tournaments?

I’m a coach who likes to travel with my teams. It’s cold here and I’m tired of playing the same teams we get out of state. I don’t care about marketing or money I just want good fields,nice weather, strong teams and college coaches. If the parents don’t want to go we don’t attend. I think if everyone could they get out of New England more often.

Comment

I’m a coach who likes to travel with my teams. It’s cold here and I’m tired of playing the same teams we get out of state. I don’t care about marketing or money I just want good fields,nice weather, strong teams and college coaches. If the parents don’t want to go we don’t attend. I think if everyone could they get out of New England more often.
                                Hey, I'd love if my employer sent me to the Bahamas or Hawaii every year, but they don't (and I can work from anywhere). For families with big check books who want to travel all over the country, great for them. That isn't most families I know and it isn't mine. If we take a vacation, we don't want to go play soccer... we want to relax and decompress and enjoy where ever we visit. Add to that, my kid hates playing soccer in high heat/humidity. Prefers playing in the cold. Takes all types I guess.

What really grabs me is the marketing around the leagues and teams and the travel. I know families playing ECNL and paying upwards of 15k or more per year when travel is included. This isn't a "wealthy" family, but the parents are hell bent on being in ECNL and playing in college. The system is screwed up and is heavily weighted towards financial benefit to clubs paid for by wealthy parents. It doesn't work for the majority of families that I know. The rest of the world, which has surpassed us in Men's and has caught up in Women's soccer, doesn't operate this way. Parents are the ones in charge... they pay the bills. As long as they believe "this is the only path", nothing changes. Really time to wake up... though I don't have much faith that will happen. The same club shills will tow the usual "pathway" marketing BS and the same wealthy families will say "it's our money and no one is forcing you to play soccer".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X