Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's not as many talented boys to attract - CT has two DA clubs, plus two MLS clubs and two pay to play BDA clubs just across the border. Boys ECNL has a lot of travel so if you're not doing DA (by choice or you're not quite good enough) then you might prefer doing NPL or EDP closer to home and for less money. CFC has never been a strong boys club pre U14 but FSA always has been. FSA just moves all its top kids into ECNL while CFC has to cherry pick the few decent boys branch players they have and try and bring in many more from elsewhere. Let's also add boys ECNL is a questionable proposition overall and is only a year old.

I'm not with CFCU (considered it, my kid stuck with EDP) but I think you're expecting way too much
    How does FSA get talent

Expecting for CFCU to be competitive with FSA who swept them last year. Except them to not get FSAs sloppy seconds because Eric doesn’t try to bring in any talent. Except to have kids not pushing refs when it was well known kid had anger issues. Yes I guess I am expecting too much

Comment

How does FSA get talent

Expecting for CFCU to be competitive with FSA who swept them last year. Except them to not get FSAs sloppy seconds because Eric doesn’t try to bring in any talent. Except to have kids not pushing refs when it was well known kid had anger issues. Yes I guess I am expecting too much
      FSA has a quality boys program from ulittle up, all in one spot. By the time its ECNL time they continue training the kids they've already been developing. CFC does not have a centralized boys program or even many good boys teams. It's a girls club.

I agree not having enough talent in the state is an issue too. Its similar but opposite with the girls - the better girls or boys go to the club that's stronger ( and try to get in to ho nger too for an advantage), leaving not much else for the club that isn't strong.

Comment

How does FSA get talent

Yeah. One kid really reflects everyone.

Comment

FSA has a quality boys program from ulittle up, all in one spot. By the time its ECNL time they continue training the kids they've already been developing. CFC does not have a centralized boys program or even many good boys teams. It's a girls club.

I agree not having enough talent in the state is an issue too. Its similar but opposite with the girls - the better girls or boys go to the club that's stronger ( and try to get in to ho nger too for an advantage), leaving not much else for the club that isn't strong.
          So the decentralized branch model and disinterested college coach doesnt develop the boys

Comment

CFC is a girls club!! Full stop. If you are a boy playing for CFC you are not a top player. CFC boys - where boys go who can’t make other teams.

Comment

Yeah. One kid really reflects everyone.
              When kid has a well known anger management issue it reflects on management

Comment

When kid has a well known anger management issue it reflects on management
                How was it well known? Was it published somewhere? Did he previously push any refs?

Comment

How was it well known? Was it published somewhere? Did he previously push any refs?
                  It was published in US Soccer Magazine

Comment

His coaches, teammates and other parents all were well aware of his anger management issues

Comment

I think he is at FSA now

Comment

His coaches, teammates and other parents all were well aware of his anger management issues
                        Sometimes people want to give kids a chance to change and mature. I've seen temperamental kids learn to cool it over the years. This kid was given a chance and blew it. It also doesn't mean every kid like him should be written off

Comment

I think he is at FSA now

Isn't the one playing at FSA the younger brother?

Comment

Age group?

Comment

They were both thrown off their HS team this past Fall season.

Comment

Eric is a class act. So are his QU asst coaches, who also coach teams at CFC. My sons love him. What the eff are you talking about?
                                Put down the bottle Laura, it empty

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X