Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's like a job interview... the hiring manager seems great during the courting stage and then once you are on board, the monster they are comes shining through.

That said, the BC women's soccer team has been notoriously toxic for a long, long time. SC should have known that going in, it was hardly a secret... my D played against SC and is same class and couldn't cross them off her list fast enough after a visit Freshman year, much to her clueless parents (e.g. me) chagrin who thought she was crazy but allowed her to set her own course through the recruiting cycles.
    Can't that be said about most courting coaches? It is different when seeing each other at events and then needing that player to help you save your job or help the team remain relevant.

Comment

Can't that be said about most courting coaches? It is different when seeing each other at events and then needing that player to help you save your job or help the team remain relevant.
      Of course.... but not all have Jekyll and Hyde characteristics.

Comment

Of course.... but not all have Jekyll and Hyde characteristics.
        I think you would be surprised. It has improved considerably since the introduction of cell phones. Coaches were verbally and some were physically abusive by pushing players to the bench, pulling them off of the field, etc.

Comment

I think you would be surprised. It has improved considerably since the introduction of cell phones. Coaches were verbally and some were physically abusive by pushing players to the bench, pulling them off of the field, etc.
          A hole coaches are everywhere for sure, but not all are. And most show it right off the bat, a 5 minute conversation can bring it out. It’s the ones that act one way and then change once you’re under their wing that are the problems.

Comment

BC earned SC a previous spot on NT. Just clarifying the post.
            that is open to interpretation. SC may think SHE earned it and BC cost her a final spot on the WC team.

Comment

that is open to interpretation. SC may think SHE earned it and BC cost her a final spot on the WC team.
              Of course she earned it, but she earned it through her play at BC and AF lobbying for her.

Comment

She took every set piece so about 75% of her assists were off those. She will get caught out for sure at Penn State. Dumb move to go to Penn a state and the Big 10.

Comment

She took every set piece so about 75% of her assists were off those. She will get caught out for sure at Penn State. Dumb move to go to Penn a state and the Big 10.
                  interesting take. going to PSU pretty much guarantees an NCAA appearance in her senior year. i think Ogle is a better player and PSU got out the gates slow last year. incoming class getting a lot of press, but most are coming of meaningful injuries and are by no means locks to be great college players. Also playing games in relative cold will not help some of these kids physically.

I can see why she went ether - ACC out due to rules. Georgetown are a good story, but not as much of a passing team as PSU could be, also not known for sending kids to national teams.

So where else do you think she could go, not sit out, and probably play good minutes guaranteed ?

Comment

Who really has flopped there the past couple of seasons. Just sayin.
                    Big difference in who she can get to play for her at Brown v. BC. My daughter spoke with her several times and was impressed, but I would not allow the recruitment to progress for several reasons. If she was at BC, different story.

Comment

Big difference in who she can get to play for her at Brown v. BC. My daughter spoke with her several times and was impressed, but I would not allow the recruitment to progress for several reasons. If she was at BC, different story.
                      Do you think your daughter elevates BC to a top half ACC team on a consistent basis ?

Comment

JL from Wake Forest would be a great hire for BC. He knows the ACC. Understands what it takes to be successful in the ACC. But BC is not on an even playing field with the rest of the league.
                        By far the worst facility. Turf is garbage locker rooms a joke etc. asst coach pay is well below the average in ACC.

Comment

JL from Wake Forest would be a great hire for BC. He knows the ACC. Understands what it takes to be successful in the ACC. But BC is not on an even playing field with the rest of the league.
                          By far the worst facility. Turf is garbage locker rooms a joke etc. asst coach pay is well below the average in ACC.
                          You seem to be lobbying for him. I don't think he would be interested. I think he could go to SEC for more success. Play on great fields, have football money and have better weather.

Comment

interesting take. going to PSU pretty much guarantees an NCAA appearance in her senior year. i think Ogle is a better player and PSU got out the gates slow last year. incoming class getting a lot of press, but most are coming of meaningful injuries and are by no means locks to be great college players. Also playing games in relative cold will not help some of these kids physically.

I can see why she went ether - ACC out due to rules. Georgetown are a good story, but not as much of a passing team as PSU could be, also not known for sending kids to national teams.

So where else do you think she could go, not sit out, and probably play good minutes guaranteed ?
                            Texas A&M, Baylor, FL, shall I continue? I don't think PSU is going to be her field of dreams.

Comment

but... she wont have her coach drunk calling and texting her..
                              Unrequited love? Now that's a story - and a potential lawsuit.

Comment

Unrequited love? Now that's a story - and a potential lawsuit.
                                You mean vs the person posting this crap? Yes, I agree.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X