Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    so if a kid wants to stay in state who do you recomend- UCONN used to make the tourney
    so i would put them at the top but give us your in state list
    lets keep it D1 soccer wise
    She is an honor student, So i would have went with conn college or Trinity. She would have a better chance at winning a league or making an ncaa final four. She would have had a better chance at getting league honors and she would have gotten a better education. All that, and she probably gets a free education or close to it if she comes from a modest family income bracket.

Comment

the comparison was Great players who never played ECNL or DA- the comparison was not player comparison-between JM and those players
      nobody gets noticed first in HS-coaches dont have the time to scout during their seasons- so she was noticed in NPL
      Ok because when Lilly was playing, they had ecnl and gdap.

You know she was noticed at npl game right?

Major Richard!

Comment

Ok because when Lilly was playing, they had ecnl and gdap.

You know she was noticed at npl game right?

Major Richard!
        tardo- i didnt make the comparison i just summarized what the comparison was-
        i know that college coaches recruiting HS games during their seasons-yes i know that

Comment

She is an honor student, So i would have went with conn college or Trinity. She would have a better chance at winning a league or making an ncaa final four. She would have had a better chance at getting league honors and she would have gotten a better education. All that, and she probably gets a free education or close to it if she comes from a modest family income bracket.
          so the OP says DI and you move the GPs to DIII?
          he says soccer and you go for Academics? why not just say Yale it does both

Comment

so the OP says DI and you move the GPs to DIII?
            he says soccer and you go for Academics? why not just say Yale it does both
            Plenty of kids play d1 that would have been better playing d3. She didn’t have the test scores for Yale.

Comment

so if a kid wants to stay in state who do you recomend- UCONN used to make the tourney
              so i would put them at the top but give us your in state list
              lets keep it D1 soccer wise
              With all the great schools hardly any distance away I've never understood the need to stay in state. It's a small state with only so many options, but cross into NY or MA and boom.

Comment

But maybe she dosent wanna go to a school with stuck up Privileged little white girls from Westport/Weston/Wilton/NewCanaan/Darien all those towns that are very much like them.

Did you even bother to think that UConn is a much more diverse School with girls and boys from backgrounds just like hers....../A college experience should be ones best 4 years of life.

CT college, Trinity, Wesleyan, Wellesley , Colby , Bates , Smith , Williams , Holy Cross all of the above have the same make up of privileged Fairfield kids overrated and overpriced. Parents and kids believe these schools are secret Ivy’s ( keep believing that) Academics no different than Fairfield, Providence and UConn.

Comment

But maybe she dosent wanna go to a school with stuck up Privileged little white girls from Westport/Weston/Wilton/NewCanaan/Darien all those towns that are very much like them.

Did you even bother to think that UConn is a much more diverse School with girls and boys from backgrounds just like hers....../A college experience should be ones best 4 years of life.

CT college, Trinity, Wesleyan, Wellesley , Colby , Bates , Smith , Williams , Holy Cross all of the above have the same make up of privileged Fairfield kids overrated and overpriced. Parents and kids believe these schools are secret Ivy’s ( keep believing that) Academics no different than Fairfield, Providence and UConn.
                  You seem to be stuck on the fact that she in a Latina. You mention it in multiple posts. I am assuming it it the same douche because you use the same vernacular.

UConn is 61% white. Trinity is 65 percent white. I’m sure if you walk the campus, you won’t notice that differential. Wesleyan is only 53% white. Imagine that.

I find nescac campuses very privledged, but very accepting and respectful of different cultures. Perhaps it also has to do with size. State schools seem to have more then their share of the deplorables as Clinton called them. The probability of seeing a MAGA hat is much higher at UConn than a nescac school. Storrs is in the middle of nowhere, Trinity is in Hartford, a diverse city. More similar to bridgeport than storrs.

Ps holy cross is not a nescac school

Comment

You seem to be stuck on the fact that she in a Latina. You mention it in multiple posts. I am assuming it it the same douche because you use the same vernacular.

UConn is 61% white. Trinity is 65 percent white. I’m sure if you walk the campus, you won’t notice that differential. Wesleyan is only 53% white. Imagine that.

I find nescac campuses very privledged, but very accepting and respectful of different cultures. Perhaps it also has to do with size. State schools seem to have more then their share of the deplorables as Clinton called them. The probability of seeing a MAGA hat is much higher at UConn than a nescac school. Storrs is in the middle of nowhere, Trinity is in Hartford, a diverse city. More similar to bridgeport than storrs.

Azzz wipe-your comparison is no different than me saying I have a Black friend so I can’t possibly be a racist.

Just because Trinity is in a crappy part of Hartford dosent mean it’s diverse, but yeah if you walk off Campus you could say you’re.

Fact- 6% black
                    Fact - 6% Hispanic

By far lower than the majority of colleges in the US where the average black student
                    population is 12-17%.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/trini...icut/students/

Comment

Azzz wipe-your comparison is no different than me saying I have a Black friend so I can’t possibly be a racist.

Just because Trinity is in a crappy part of Hartford dosent mean it’s diverse, but yeah if you walk off Campus you could say you’re.

Fact- 6% black
                      Fact - 6% Hispanic

By far lower than the majority of colleges in the US where the average black student
                      population is 12-17%.

https://www.niche.com/colleges/trini...icut/students/
                      You must have started the holiday drinking.

Black friend? I gave you facts on percentage of whites at various schools you mentioned.

Fact....UConn is 5 percent black. Trinity is 6 percent, Wesleyan is 7 percent, Williams is 8 percent. You want to talk Hispanic? UConn is 9 percent......conn college.....9 percent.

Your wife must love having a husband that is right even when he is wrong, or did she leave you already?

Comment

while student makeup is certainly important its usually not the first reason for many students- they want big football or in UCONN case it would have to be big hoops
                        its location- Friends etc... maybe for her its loyalty- lenny offered her early
                        whatever the reasons, they are hers and you have no right to 2nd guess them as you weren't there through the process and certainly have no insight into her particular situation.

maybe she could have gone to Staples or greenwich to get ready to play DIII at williams
                        about the same

Comment

I believe this topic is completely exhausted by now. At the end of the day, you have a girl that’s done well for herself and is now getting a great education opportunity that includes playing a sport she likes. And the biggest problem lies with the very same parents that would wish their child had the same opportunity at any school. Congrats to her and I’ve never met her or even knew who she was before this stupid thread.

Comment

while student makeup is certainly important its usually not the first reason for many students- they want big football or in UCONN case it would have to be big hoops
                            its location- Friends etc... maybe for her its loyalty- lenny offered her early
                            whatever the reasons, they are hers and you have no right to 2nd guess them as you weren't there through the process and certainly have no insight into her particular situation.

maybe she could have gone to Staples or greenwich to get ready to play DIII at williams
                            about the same
                            Don’t knock it. impact player at Williams and won a d3 championship this year or played for UConn and was 4-14? Williams education vs UConn? Sorry, no comparison in either case.

Comment

Don’t knock it. impact player at Williams and won a d3 championship this year or played for UConn and was 4-14? Williams education vs UConn? Sorry, no comparison in either case.
                              williams 200k in debt
                              Uconn 0 debt

Comment

You must have started the holiday drinking.

Black friend? I gave you facts on percentage of whites at various schools you mentioned.

Fact....UConn is 5 percent black. Trinity is 6 percent, Wesleyan is 7 percent, Williams is 8 percent. You want to talk Hispanic? UConn is 9 percent......conn college.....9 percent.

Your wife must love having a husband that is right even when he is wrong, or did she leave you already?
                                Fact ..... the Hispanic/Black population @ Uconn is 15% ... meaning with a student makeup of 30,000+ there’s over 4,500 people of color.
                                UConn’s black and Hispanic makeup is larger than both Trinity & Williams TOTAL population as a complete school.

The chance that a classroom course having no student of color or just one is frequent at these so called ( small Ivy’s) but eliminated @ Uconn.

You’re probably assuming that a school is considered diverse if the web page shows a few kids of color or if you see a few walking around campus.
                                You have no idea why certain kids pick certain schools but I can tell you that there’s many privileged kids that wouldnt dare look at schools with high color student population even if the Academics matched their liking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X