Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes and the colleges enable it by saying we would like you to play GDA or DA

In the case of GDA, the speed of play is higher in ECNL
    So why would FSA ECNL players move to GDA? Or are they FSA NPL players?

Comment

agreed.
      I am not sure they are taking spots or just training. My understanding is their college coach wants them in a better training environment than FSA ECNL and Yankee NPL

Comment

I am not sure they are taking spots or just training. My understanding is their college coach wants them in a better training environment than FSA ECNL and Yankee NPL
        I bet your understanding is way off, homer and the kids training there, if true at all, are likely the non-starters or B players ... god help you if those kids are competing for your spots successfully.

Comment

GDA is doing very well, 300 college coaches or so heading to this weeks showcase. Oh that's right I forgot it's TS so facts font matter. Go to an Oakwood practice and see how many FSA Seniors are traveling with them per their college coaches request to help get the girls up to speed. A few Yankee players I hear are doing the same.....admittedly CFC kids are not doing this but crazy to suggest GDA IS GOING AWAY even in a week state lol CT.
          GDA is doing so well that the ten best clubs left after one year and now they are folding at U12. Lol. The entire league will be gone in a years time. Two tops. Complete and utter failure. And 300 college coaches to Academy event is laughable. They’ll be lucky to get half that. The event was awful last year and now doesn’t even have all those strong clubs anymore. Level will be abysmal. The event is strictly for D2 and D3. Nothing wrong with that but let’s call it as it is.

Comment

That's not how DA works. Even if they were just a practice player they still have to be a club member (most often a B team player). And do you really think FSA or YU would allow their players to train somewhere else? No way! Either players are actually moving or someone is taking an AP Creative Writing course.

Comment

So why would FSA ECNL players move to GDA? Or are they FSA NPL players?
              The only ECNL players that would move are bench warmers. For NPL it's a step up so from FSA NPL or YU that makes more sense. But it requires a move, not just practicing or showcasing

Comment

That's not how DA works. Even if they were just a practice player they still have to be a club member (most often a B team player). And do you really think FSA or YU would allow their players to train somewhere else? No way! Either players are actually moving or someone is taking an AP Creative Writing course.
                The fact that you believe this crap make you the real gullible idiot here. FYI there is no Santa

Comment

The only ECNL players that would move are bench warmers. For NPL it's a step up so from FSA NPL or YU that makes more sense. But it requires a move, not just practicing or showcasing
                  CT Da is a step down for cfc npl players. Not only from a coaching and college placement perspective, but due to the lack of high school play. Most cfc npl players are the better players on thier hs teams. No npl kid is going to give that up when North Carolina and Florida State are not going to be in thier future.

I know girls that were cfc npl players that stuck with it and eventually made ecnl and are playing d1 soccer or d3 soccer at competitive schools, both academically and athletically. Unless my kid lived minutes from Portland, no way would I fall for the snake charming ow and da use to get a family into the cult

Comment

CT Da is a step down for cfc npl players. Not only from a coaching and college placement perspective, but due to the lack of high school play. Most cfc npl players are the better players on thier hs teams. No npl kid is going to give that up when North Carolina and Florida State are not going to be in thier future.

I know girls that were cfc npl players that stuck with it and eventually made ecnl and are playing d1 soccer or d3 soccer at competitive schools, both academically and athletically. Unless my kid lived minutes from Portland, no way would I fall for the snake charming ow and da use to get a family into the cult
                    OW plays in a dump. Literally.

Comment

While I understand that you probably don’t like Oakwood, this post is a stretch.

The NPL teams at CFC aren’t very good. It’s players 20 to 40 in a big club. The selling point would be that the club gets them into a few good showcase events.

The new NPL teams at OW is probably now the best non ECNL option in CT

Comment

While I understand that you probably don’t like Oakwood, this post is a stretch.

The NPL teams at CFC aren’t very good. It’s players 20 to 40 in a big club. The selling point would be that the club gets them into a few good showcase events.

The new NPL teams at OW is probably now the best non ECNL option in CT
                        You lost me. OW’s NPL teams are their second teams aren’t they? Their first teams are poor. Can only imagine how bad the second teams are.

Comment

You write comedy in your spare time? NPL better than GDA, If you are not writing comedy you should!

Comment

Fair point, but DA teams should not be doing that to begin with. If they don’t have enough age appropriate quality to roster, that’s a huge problem.
                            Check the box. Nope to quality

Comment

A) barely any waivers this year. so get it right
                              B) wow, skipping high school soccer! Think they'd benefit from playing 2 1/2 months of kick and run being coached by a teacher?!

Get a clue you dolt
                              Mrs derella. So becoming of you

Comment

You write comedy in your spare time? NPL better than GDA, If you are not writing comedy you should!
                                GDA is basically rebranded NPL. Mostly the same clubs AND players. So yes, it’s believable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X