Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's iconic that in a post on respect, I had to type 45s name to respond.

I'm all for playing nice, but the majority of the traffic on the site comes from probably 25-30 people whose kid got some sort of unfair shake (either yesterday or 6-7 years ago) and they have a) an axe to grind against a coach or team and b) a player or two that they think aren't deserving of the attention they are getting.
    So not agreeing is now disrespectful? Well I disagree with that statement. So I guess I'm disrespectful. It's called a point of view and differences of opinion.

Comment

I really, really wish people had to log on to post, and that posts were attributed to accounts. And that the boards were moderated.
      Wish granted. And you are? Thought so.

Comment

Wish granted. And you are? Thought so.
        No, I would want everyone to register in order to cut down the snark and negativity. One person wouldn't have any effect. I absolutely would be happy to do so when everyone else registers as well.

Comment

Good morning!

After watching the horrific news this weekend, and being inside during this rainstorm, I have gotten to read this forum.

I am also a lover of soccer. Our son plays competitive soccer, still at meaningful age to get better, and learn about more this "soccer world." I find soccer to be the most beautiful, international and multicultural sport on earth. It is simply amazing what one can do with only a ball and your body. I love looking around to see others who also love this sport of soccer.

What I do not understand is why all of this hate, cursing, bad-mouthing schools, coaches, players, leagues, etc. is happening on this forum? It pains me to see that behind the scenes, there are people observing this sport doing that.

Soccer (and this forum) should be about the love of the game, the most diverse and well respected game in our world. Love soccer, honor soccer, and respect soccer please. Respect the ones that are bringing this sport into the American limelight. Respect the ones who are teaching your children this sport. Respect the time, effort, patience, driving long distances, being an example and a role model for your child. We are all in this together.

If your name is NOT Messi or Ronaldo, then be a respectful learning observer of this sport. I come to this forum to learn, not to read negativity. I am sure that I am not the only one.

Thank you
          If above is true, you need to leave. No one “plays” elite youth soccer in the US for the love of the game. High stakes business here, try and keep up

Comment

No, I would want everyone to register in order to cut down the snark and negativity. One person wouldn't have any effect. I absolutely would be happy to do so when everyone else registers as well.
            Do as i say not as i do.
            Signed unregistered

Comment

I agree 100%. The snark is exhausting, I would love to be able to get actual advice without all the extra.

Comment

If above is true, you need to leave. No one “plays” elite youth soccer in the US for the love of the game. High stakes business here, try and keep up
                False.

I've been playing for 40 years, and there would be no other reason to play other than I love it.

Comment

I agree 100%. The snark is exhausting, I would love to be able to get actual advice without all the extra.
                  I couldn't agree more. It isn't funny, witty or clever, it is just moronic.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. It isn't funny, witty or clever, it is just moronic.
                    What's wrong with people speaking their mind or trying to crack a joke? Are we supposed to just write "positive" drivel like the OP..

If every post supposed to sound like this: "Oh, I love soccer. I kiss the ball. I love every coach and ref. I just want to cover the soccer turf in rose pedals. Let's all hold hands and sing!"

What kind of crap is that?! I love soccer too, but we don't all need to agree with each other. I learn a lot here even if there are some morons posting. Sometimes the posters are just looking for self-validation of their own preconceptions. I'm glad when folks tell them their wrong. Leave TS alone!

Comment

Good morning!

After watching the horrific news this weekend, and being inside during this rainstorm, I have gotten to read this forum.

I am also a lover of soccer. Our son plays competitive soccer, still at meaningful age to get better, and learn about more this "soccer world." I find soccer to be the most beautiful, international and multicultural sport on earth. It is simply amazing what one can do with only a ball and your body. I love looking around to see others who also love this sport of soccer.

What I do not understand is why all of this hate, cursing, bad-mouthing schools, coaches, players, leagues, etc. is happening on this forum? It pains me to see that behind the scenes, there are people observing this sport doing that.

Soccer (and this forum) should be about the love of the game, the most diverse and well respected game in our world. Love soccer, honor soccer, and respect soccer please. Respect the ones that are bringing this sport into the American limelight. Respect the ones who are teaching your children this sport. Respect the time, effort, patience, driving long distances, being an example and a role model for your child. We are all in this together.

If your name is NOT Messi or Ronaldo, then be a respectful learning observer of this sport. I come to this forum to learn, not to read negativity. I am sure that I am not the only one.

Thank you
                      I just watched a recorded game of the top Bundesliga team, Borussia Dortmund. We are so far behind the rest of the world (this is Pulisics team. He won't be seeing many more minutes on this juggernaut) it ain't funny.

If you think this site is contributing .0001% to the betterment of soccer in the US, or the betterment of any poster's son or daughter here, then you must have been one of the zombies in line last week in western Mass.

Comment

I just watched a recorded game of the top Bundesliga team, Borussia Dortmund. We are so far behind the rest of the world (this is Pulisics team. He won't be seeing many more minutes on this juggernaut) it ain't funny.

If you think this site is contributing .0001% to the betterment of soccer in the US, or the betterment of any poster's son or daughter here, then you must have been one of the zombies in line last week in western Mass.
                        Start your own thread if you want to have at it, brother! Preach on...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X