X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2355173]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Your kid has never been to a camp, despite all your efforts and you are bitter. We all know who you are.
    you really dont.

Comment

lol..really? you dont need to look far. Like i said, just look at the last crop (2000s), several of whom got several YNT chances. Is there an exceptional player with elite level potential among them? lets say for arguments sake there was 1 (and im being generous because I dont think there is) why did at least 7 get chances?

if you honestly beleive the last part, then im sorry, but you dont understand the camp environment very well.

who is a better player OW @ ND or MK @ D ? Who has more YNT caps?
      Sry / neither has depth / mine could make either look silly as an all around attacking high IQ soccer player / the us does not need more dinosaurs

Comment

What do 2000s have to do with u17? Aren’t they in college?

Good luck to the u17s. They are all talented and great kids.

Comment

What do 2000s have to do with u17? Aren’t they in college?

Good luck to the u17s. They are all talented and great kids.
          they have a lot to do with HOW the process has worked and WHO was selected to YNTs. That was the discussion. if you dont think the history is relevant, then no problem. I think it is. Until we change how we do things, we will experience the same results. win some, lose some and play pretty bad soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            they have a lot to do with HOW the process has worked and WHO was selected to YNTs. That was the discussion. if you dont think the history is relevant, then no problem. I think it is. Until we change how we do things, we will experience the same results. win some, lose some and play pretty bad soccer.
            Look at every profile of the kids who are being discussed here. They were all NT at 14 and flamed out. Some have found a place in college. But don’t pretend all the girls that you believe are so great didn’t get looks. They did, and recent looks at that.

Comment

Look at every profile of the kids who are being discussed here. They were all NT at 14 and flamed out. Some have found a place in college. But don’t pretend all the girls that you believe are so great didn’t get looks. They did, and recent looks at that.
              you are twisting what is written to fit the person you think is writing it. Its about how many chances people get and on the basis of what. If you think this process is constantly selecting the "best" players you are truly lost. My comments have nothing to do with people who did not get looks. It has everything to do with many that got repeated looks and if you look at them then and now, its impossible to understand why. Good players for sure, but on any other club they are at best one and done.

one of the bigger ironies about this is people hold up camp invites/caps as evidence of a player being elite, yet if you look at results/ how we play at youth level... i quote Stars and Stripes again...they have no axe to gring in MA

A common element of this formidable set of players is that they are more passers and playmakers, rather than 1v1 dribblers. These days, apparently, being an attacking-minded midfielder who looks to combine, to build attacks through passing and off-ball movement rather than only direct take-ons, gets a player marginalized by our YNTs, not celebrated.

In short, our YNTs have now amassed several consecutive cycles of failure; and they’ve done so playing a style that has proven ineffective, seemingly employing selection criteria that are so limited by that ineffective style that it has led them to repeatedly pass over excellent young players of whom they should have been aware

I am not some Ma parent who thinks Jane should have gotten a chance. In fact, based on what ive seen over the years, I dont know how so many have, and repeatedly. period

Comment

My dd and I have attended some games this season including ACC, Patriot, CAA and MAAC and on the topic of kids who are called up and contribute to major team success it’s really the Sam Coffey type (great all around player) who are driving team success. She for one is all over the place on the ball and can drive (with others) the speed of play. BC does score on counter attacks and such and is often not pretty but they and to a much greater extent teams like Stanford, UCLA, USC, even FDU to name a few fire on all cylinders and this is where the tru NT level talent is proven. My dd is like I can’t believe how bad some of this soccer is...

Maybe USSF looks to find the dribbling track stars and hopes they can ‘break’ them of the one dimensional game later... idk but it is good to see USSF making some changes.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                  my dd and i have attended some games this season including acc, patriot, caa and maac and on the topic of kids who are called up and contribute to major team success it’s really the sam coffey type (great all around player) who are driving team success. She for one is all over the place on the ball and can drive (with others) the speed of play. Bc does score on counter attacks and such and is often not pretty but they and to a much greater extent teams like stanford, ucla, usc, even fdu to name a few fire on all cylinders and this is where the tru nt level talent is proven. My dd is like i can’t believe how bad some of this soccer is...

Maybe ussf looks to find the dribbling track stars and hopes they can ‘break’ them of the one dimensional game later... Idk but it is good to see ussf making some changes.
                  psa......

Comment

All I hear is a parent tweaked that significant investments in technical development, and player IQ can't overcome the simple fact that their kid was saddled with the family's inadequate and unathletic genes.

Comment

All I hear is a parent tweaked that significant investments in technical development, and player IQ can't overcome the simple fact that their kid was saddled with the family's inadequate and unathletic genes.
                      Because the tone on this soccer board has been set. people like you cannot understand that some people just like talking about soccer and its issues. Your mentality is EXACTLY why this sport is where it is here. A means to an end, funded by parents whose agendas and worldview do not reach beyond the ends of their noses.

the publication quoted has no parental bias attached to it and its still not enough for you to accept that MAYBE there is some truth to it. The TD has "stepped" down. DO you think that is because the YNT system is doing so well at present ?

got no issues if you dont want to discuss soccer, but your comment is as juvenile as it is off base.

Comment

There are better 01 and 02 players out there than the 04. Against fast, aggressive defenders the 04 has a tough time.
                        They must have seen the same thing. Rumor has it she didn't make it. Only two did.

Comment

They must have seen the same thing. Rumor has it she didn't make it. Only two did.
                          if you think they pick they "best" 23 you are lost. Maybe she was there just to get a taste of that environment.

Comment

Why do some refuse to see the politics involved in a ynt call up?

Comment

People with most interest are DOC's because it is basically their gold mine. The others are parents and friends of call up.
                              It is rotten and politicized beyond control.

Comment

I have commented many times in this thread as the parent of a YNT player. I have said its political to the core and many other things. Most people call me a liar !!

The USSF have taken a process that should be open inclusive and about IDing talent as broadly as possible and turned it into a results driven political agenda that is narrowly focused around a handful of kids. Quite a few of whom have ceilings that are not high.

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...-u-17-gir.html

no clue how a kid gets a chance to score this many goals unless you are not playing great teams Or plays a ton of minutes. Are you telling me that you dont already know what she is ? and that you could not use the time looking at alternatives more closely?

its a worrying trend that the balance between casting the net wider and building team chemistry is, to me , skewed in the wrong direction. Fontes looks just like another prolific YNT player Kuhlmann in terms of style and output.

I would gladly have my kid NOT go to these things so others could. I think she gets less from them than people think and frankly loses a lot of time from other important things like school and for ????

The YNT carousel is out of control and i dont see who is benefiting from it. Its too much., too often and not varied enough

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X