Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    drive by on 91, they cut down the trees and see the progress!
    I saw 3 workers on the field. One on his cell phone, another sitting down smoking a cigarette and the third with a shovel. Must be pay day

Comment

Great to see the new owners son is alive and well doing his marketing over TS. This endeavor will fail can cost the tax payers more money
      great for CT and lots of private money involved

Comment

You have no idea what your talking about. Stop making assumptions, there’s no way you know the numbers. You do know the 1M stadium footing snafu was paid for by someone outside the organization right? Didn’t put a dent in their budget. Stop making stuff up.
        The haters around here are just unbelievable. What is it about so many of the soccer crowd that makes them so miserable ? Thread after thread , post after post. Massive negativity and hate.

Comment

The haters around here are just unbelievable. What is it about so many of the soccer crowd that makes them so miserable ? Thread after thread , post after post. Massive negativity and hate.

Just a microcosm of our larger American culture. So sad....

Comment

Opening night crowd for 2019 will be 2375 with 2300 being tickets they gave away. Season finale crowd will be 75 counting the home and visiting team and their bus driver

Comment

Just a microcosm of our larger American culture. So sad....
              Different poster - no hate, just being realistic based on the market and what it takes to make it financially. I'll be there, I hope it succeeds because I love the game. But the odds of long term success are not great. They need to have outstanding management and a broad and loyal fan base - look what they've done in Atlanta garnering local support. That's what they need to fill seats regularly, but the swag and $10 beers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369518]Different poster - no hate, just being realistic based on the market and what it takes to make it financially. I'll be there, I hope it succeeds because I love the game. But the odds of long term success are not great. They need to have outstanding management and a broad and loyal fan base - look what they've done in Atlanta garnering local support. That's what they need to fill seats regularly, but the swag and $10 beers.

Your comparing the Hartford team to a professional MLS team?? Are you insane?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369551]
                  Different poster - no hate, just being realistic based on the market and what it takes to make it financially. I'll be there, I hope it succeeds because I love the game. But the odds of long term success are not great. They need to have outstanding management and a broad and loyal fan base - look what they've done in Atlanta garnering local support. That's what they need to fill seats regularly, but the swag and $10 beers.

Your comparing the Hartford team to a professional MLS team?? Are you insane?
                  Not really meant to but was pointing out that it will take a huge effort to get butts in the seats and build a fan base.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369555]

Not really meant to but was pointing out that it will take a huge effort to get butts in the seats and build a fan base.
                    yard goats sell out every game, why cant the hartford athletics do the same??

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369566]

yard goats sell out every game, why cant the hartford athletics do the same??
                      Baseball is more popular but it's certainly achievable - what is the capacity for Athletics? I honestly don't know (not the op)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369601]

Baseball is more popular but it's certainly achievable - what is the capacity for Athletics? I honestly don't know (not the op)

baseball is 3-4 times a week or more depending schedule.

soccer 1 saturday night a week.

i think they'd be able to fill the place one night a week when the yard goats fills there for every home game.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2369627]

baseball is 3-4 times a week or more depending schedule.

soccer 1 saturday night a week.

i think they'd be able to fill the place one night a week when the yard goats fills there for every home game.
                          Yes that's probably doable

Comment

The Goats may fill most of their seats but the majority of their tickets are comp seats

Comment

The Goats may fill most of their seats but the majority of their tickets are comp seats
                              What’s “the majority” and how do you know this to be the case?

Comment

What’s “the majority” and how do you know this to be the case?

Kind of gives it away when they give my kids little league association 1000 free tickets to distribute

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X