Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can guarantee no such thing. I know of several parents who have been through the "gauntlet" and know EXACTLY what is coming down the road. I wonder if you do?
    Those parents you know are on this thread?

Comment

Those parents you know are on this thread?
      Well, I am one. So, yes!

Comment

These teams are about to get shuffled like a deck of cards based upon not only ability, but whether kids want to play HS soccer.

ECNL: FC Stars & Scorpions

DA: NEFC & Select

NEP/NPL: Spirit of Liverpool, GPS, Liverpool, FCUSA & NEFC (B-team)
        If history is any indicator (hint, it is) the top players from these teams will peel off for DA or ECNL depending on their individual circumstances. Since DA is tetering my money is on ECNL. Good luck to all!

Comment

Starting to think about a move for my 07 for next fall. NEFC NPL practices in Mendon? Too far for us. What's a good club to check out if we live in on the NH line and want NPL? No DA or ECNL for us.

Comment

North shore NPL- Seacoast or Aztec.

Comment

Starting to think about a move for my 07 for next fall. NEFC NPL practices in Mendon? Too far for us. What's a good club to check out if we live in on the NH line and want NPL? No DA or ECNL for us.
              Why go into MA?

Comment

You already know the answer to your question, but obviously you are trying to make a point by letting other people do your advertising.

Comment

who wants to move? you or your kid? I know, its you. Heres another dumb parent doing everything for themselves, not the kid. Maybe if you switch every year, she'll get great training.

Comment

The Seacoast npl team will be made up of mostly of select players due to the fact they have to field DA teams. A lot of the npl parents are worried about the quality of the npl teams next season and not sure if they will stick around.

Comment

who wants to move? you or your kid? I know, its you. Heres another dumb parent doing everything for themselves, not the kid. Maybe if you switch every year, she'll get great training.
                      Been at current club 4 years, but good guess, genius. As another poster mentioned, there is a real concern at Seacoast right now. Many kids moving to DA (they're having ID day for 07s this month) and NPL teams are watered down. Training is important but so is playing with strong teammates who challenge you. As a family, we have said no to DA so we're looking to the future for the best situation *for our child*.

As for who wants to move, I've got news for you. I'm the parent and I pay the bills. If I'm not running around the country with a 12 year old for DA, that's my decision, not hers. If I'm shelling out $2500+ a year for an NPL team, I'm going to make sure she's on the team that will benefit her, and most of the "premier" players who will probably be moving to NPL next year when a lot of the current girls go DA, aren't going to push her. I know a parent actually doing their job and setting limits for their kids is a foreign concept to many, who just run around trying to make their little princess happy at any cost, so I realize this is a struggle for you.

Comment

You already know the answer to your question, but obviously you are trying to make a point by letting other people do your advertising.
                        Actually, no - but if being an azz makes you feel important, go for it.

Comment

Been at current club 4 years, but good guess, genius. As another poster mentioned, there is a real concern at Seacoast right now. Many kids moving to DA (they're having ID day for 07s this month) and NPL teams are watered down. Training is important but so is playing with strong teammates who challenge you. As a family, we have said no to DA so we're looking to the future for the best situation *for our child*.

As for who wants to move, I've got news for you. I'm the parent and I pay the bills. If I'm not running around the country with a 12 year old for DA, that's my decision, not hers. If I'm shelling out $2500+ a year for an NPL team, I'm going to make sure she's on the team that will benefit her, and most of the "premier" players who will probably be moving to NPL next year when a lot of the current girls go DA, aren't going to push her. I know a parent actually doing their job and setting limits for their kids is a foreign concept to many, who just run around trying to make their little princess happy at any cost, so I realize this is a struggle for you.
                          Somewhere in that rant has to be what she enjoys & wants.

I don't see it, but I have to believe it's in there.

Comment

Funny how you get angry at someone questioning your choice to move your daughter, then you proceed to bash any parent that "allows" their kids to play DA/ECNL... pretty hypocritical...

Comment

Somewhere in that rant has to be what she enjoys & wants.

I don't see it, but I have to believe it's in there.
                              Bingo. His reaction speaks volumes as well

Comment

So NPL is now “watered down”?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X