Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY! Change is coming.

Comment

10 hr min for anyone thinking of going pro at 15.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How do you train with your team 12 hours a week - that's just ridiculous .
      serious? Residential - 1.5 hrs AM before school, 1.5 hours PM after school - 5 days / week. DCU, Atlanta, LAG, KC

Any athlete from another sport trains 12 hours/ week. Heck, even HS teams train 2hrs for 5 days plus games .
      (Not that they are any good because the coaching is so bad, and the level is too, but that's how long they're running around getting exercise)

Comment

serious? Residential - 1.5 hrs AM before school, 1.5 hours PM after school - 5 days / week. DCU, Atlanta, LAG, KC
        wow. hat's off to them if they can maintain this pace. I would expect more burnout and injuries from overuse. Remember this gives them just one day of rest before the game on Sunday.

Comment

wow. hat's off to them if they can maintain this pace. I would expect more burnout and injuries from overuse. Remember this gives them just one day of rest before the game on Sunday.
          It still lags what pro academies do abroad, but is far more than what most US players get.

Comment

It still lags what pro academies do abroad, but is far more than what most US players get.
            Not true. Academies in most European countries mandate days off to recover.

Comment

true, and note the plural "days"! Some of these parents are just so screwed up.

Comment

So one of the Portugal brothers is a TDS 4 star player. The other brother has 0 stars.

If the 0 star brother stays at 0 will that put the whole go to Europe silliness to bed?

Same DNA. Same super foreign training.

Comment

So one of the Portugal brothers is a TDS 4 star player. The other brother has 0 stars.

If the 0 star brother stays at 0 will that put the whole go to Europe silliness to bed?

TopDrawerSoccer has removed the bro's from Massachusetts. That will hurt in the long run. Now they live in some alternate geographical category that no one knows how to search. I'm certain the Revs are happy to be taken off their profile.

Comment

It doesn't show anything other than even with the same DNA some kids (may or may not) have talent and their siblings don't. It's not just about the cells but how they're hard wired. Not every child will be equally talented in just about anything - it's true for every single family with more than one child.

Comment

TopDrawerSoccer has removed the bro's from Massachusetts. That will hurt in the long run. Now they live in some alternate geographical category that no one knows how to search. I'm certain the Revs are happy to be taken off their profile.
                      Who's searching for them? They're not really recruiting age yet right? (I don't remember how old they are). they can come home, land at some club and od showcases just like everyone else, or do ID events. If they have any talent (sounds like one does, not the other) they'll land somewhere.

TDS blows any way

Comment

Who's searching for them? They're not really recruiting age yet right? (I don't remember how old they are). they can come home, land at some club and od showcases just like everyone else, or do ID events. If they have any talent (sounds like one does, not the other) they'll land somewhere.

TDS blows any way
                        I think TDS carries more weight than you think. I don't disagree that they can stay on the radar from Europe.

Comment

I think TDS carries more weight than you think. I don't disagree that they can stay on the radar from Europe.
                          Only with lazy college coaches

Comment

Only with lazy college coaches
                            Define lazy.

Comment

Only with college coaches that have a lot of candidates to identify
                              Fixed it for you.

Comment

They don't do a good job double-checking the information people provide like US Soccer invite and current club. Here is a good example:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club...-jay/pid-98053

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X