Oakwood

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way those 2 old blow bards merge with anyone, egos to big to be on the same level playing field with another club. They would have to have 100 percent ownership and control for them to agree. And at their age and rumors of them trying to sell, I doubt they would merge with anyone. Haven’t did any kind of thing like this since they started 30 plus years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No way those 2 old blow bards merge with anyone, egos to big to be on the same level playing field with another club. They would have to have 100 percent ownership and control for them to agree. And at their age and rumors of them trying to sell, I doubt they would merge with anyone. Haven’t did any kind of thing like this since they started 30 plus years ago
      Nope. Those two muppets have been 'me' people all along. No way they merge with crap. That doesn't help them sell

Comment

Nope. Those two muppets have been 'me' people all along. No way they merge with crap. That doesn't help them sell
        Crap + Crap = sportingwood

Comment

Sporting players will run elsewhere, no way are they paying OW fees when they are used to glorified Middletown travel fees
          Sporting is more expensive than Oakwood

Comment

Sporting is more expensive than Oakwood
            No it isn't dummy. Sporting is a lot cheaper. US Soccer is killing small clubs like Oakwood. Their fees have skyrocketed in the past 5 years.

Comment

No it isn't dummy. Sporting is a lot cheaper. US Soccer is killing small clubs like Oakwood. Their fees have skyrocketed in the past 5 years.
              depends on what team at Oakwood you are on. If it is academy, not including travel it is cheaper than Sporting, other than that they are probably on par with each other, but academy is much cheaper.

Comment

Crap + Crap = sportingwood
                crapwood

Comment

they need it for the girls side.
                  ow needs to find an affiliation with a professional team for the BDA to survive! forget the girls side

Comment

CFC was getting hammered in a different thread so lets try resurrect an OW, Sporting bashing thread. Then after that we'll do an FSA bashing thread. Lets let all the "adults" do this while our kids play on these respective teams. GO CT ADULTS!! You Rock!

Comment

CFC was getting hammered in a different thread so lets try resurrect an OW, Sporting bashing thread. Then after that we'll do an FSA bashing thread. Lets let all the "adults" do this while our kids play on these respective teams. GO CT ADULTS!! You Rock!
                      Someone called it club on club violence. It's not the parents, it's club management. Right now it's especially quiet for them also.

Comment

ow needs to find an affiliation with a professional team for the BDA to survive! forget the girls side
                        Not an OW fan but their BDA teams are perfectly fine. There's no risk there. The biggest issue they face is trying to keep fees low as mandated by USSF. Like most other DA clubs that means they need a good sized non DA business so those profits can underwrite the DA piece. Then there's the question of GDA survival. If that goes away (and I'm not convinced it will but hypothetically) what does OW do? They thought they were hot sh*t because they're doing pretty well in the NE but the FL event showed, nah not so much.

Comment

Who benefits most from bashing both CFC and OW? FSA. Just sayin'

Comment

Look at the bozos running these clubs and then ask yourself why you are writing them checks.

Some of these clowns have been fleecing you peeps for years with the 'promises' of scholarships, national team looks, etc etc

Comment

Ok so name calling when you don't know the facts doesn't work when talking about soccer fees as much as it doesn't work in politics.

For example:
                              Oakwood U9 $2,400 total, includes uniforms and 1 week of camp in the summer

Sporting U9 $1,850 + $500* for uniforms and $225 for 1 week of camp = $2,575
                              *Full disclosure it was about this, I think more. You have to buy the mandatory full package and it is expensive. Yes you may be able to get 2 years out of it.

Further Oakwood practices 3x in season vs 2x for Sporting
                              Plus I won't count all the times the Sporting practice was cancelled due to rain. Their big Fall Wrapup tournament was cancelled too.

Also if you want to include the $100 raffle for Oakwood fine. At least it is told in the beginning. The Sporting mandatory selling of pies and cookies was sprung on the parents out of nowhere.

Plus because Oakwood has the indoor facilities there are more mini-tournaments although they are weak because most times they are just playing other Oakwood teams. But the kids do play more games.

I am not for or against either program. I like them both and I think an argument can be made that the Sporting U9 coach is one of the best in the State. But that statement will send TS into a tizzy I know. Either way he has a doctorate in sports education and he really connects with the kids. So you are getting what you pay for.

But Sporting is NOT cheaper than Oakwood!

Comment

Ok so name calling when you don't know the facts doesn't work when talking about soccer fees as much as it doesn't work in politics.

For example:
                                Oakwood U9 $2,400 total, includes uniforms and 1 week of camp in the summer

Sporting U9 $1,850 + $500* for uniforms and $225 for 1 week of camp = $2,575
                                *Full disclosure it was about this, I think more. You have to buy the mandatory full package and it is expensive. Yes you may be able to get 2 years out of it.

Further Oakwood practices 3x in season vs 2x for Sporting
                                Plus I won't count all the times the Sporting practice was cancelled due to rain. Their big Fall Wrapup tournament was cancelled too.

Also if you want to include the $100 raffle for Oakwood fine. At least it is told in the beginning. The Sporting mandatory selling of pies and cookies was sprung on the parents out of nowhere.

Plus because Oakwood has the indoor facilities there are more mini-tournaments although they are weak because most times they are just playing other Oakwood teams. But the kids do play more games.

I am not for or against either program. I like them both and I think an argument can be made that the Sporting U9 coach is one of the best in the State. But that statement will send TS into a tizzy I know. Either way he has a doctorate in sports education and he really connects with the kids. So you are getting what you pay for.

But Sporting is NOT cheaper than Oakwood!
                                The sporting u9 coach also has one of the highest level soccer coaching licenses in Europe

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X