Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Coast United, Lords of GS Points, Arm-strongest GS ranking

Why does Space Coast "rank" themselves based on Gotsoccer points? They always say, "we have the number 7 team, #12, #4 in the state"? I know that its stupid but why do they say that? Do people really buy that?

All businesses attempt to market themselves based on success(no matter how flawed the metric may be). Since the targeted client (parent) does not understand that a #5 GS ranking in the state may really mean #50 in the state in an age group, it likely hits the mark and keeps the kids and $$ coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why does Space Coast "rank" themselves based on Gotsoccer points? They always say, "we have the number 7 team, #12, #4 in the state"? I know that its stupid but why do they say that? Do people really buy that?
      What "they" are you referring to? I don't see any official communication from the club saying anything like that. Maybe it's just proud Space Coast parents saying it. You're obviously not one of them.

Comment

I think the bigger question is what is wrong with your life that makes you care about this.

Comment

What "they" are you referring to? I don't see any official communication from the club saying anything like that. Maybe it's just proud Space Coast parents saying it. You're obviously not one of them.

Did you not get the title? Its in there. But apparently you didnt catch it

Comment

I think the bigger question is what is wrong with your life that makes you care about this.

Why do you think? I moved here in June and thats all I heard from the club coaches and parents. I moved from Mass and obviously the name of the game here is Gotsoccer rankings. So i agree. No harm no foul? I personally don't like it but i get it. Dont know what the OP has an issue with

Comment

No one gives a crap about good ole Spacey Coasty. Another small time club that’s a funnel for the brevard community college boys team. I mean Eastern Florida. Just another wannabe club.

Comment

The same reason every other club and/or team with a high ranking boasts about it. Nobody says "we are ranked #4 in the state, but our team actually stinks and is probably really #23".
                Of course you already know that and are just the typical jerk troll.

Comment

Exactly. OP is stretching to find a complaint here. My bet is a non-SCU hater looked up some GS rankings and used it as an excuse to post about the club. I have never seen either ML or SA obsess over GS points/rankings ever. This may be the lamest anti-SCU thread yet. I think I sprained a muscle rolling my eyes.

Comment

Exactly. OP is stretching to find a complaint here. My bet is a non-SCU hater looked up some GS rankings and used it as an excuse to post about the club. I have never seen either ML or SA obsess over GS points/rankings ever. This may be the lamest anti-SCU thread yet. I think I sprained a muscle rolling my eyes.
                    Agreed fully! All SA obsesses over is MONEY, MONEY, and then MONEY! If it does not enrich Scott, then he does not care about it.

Comment

Agreed fully! All SA obsesses over is MONEY, MONEY, and then MONEY! If it does not enrich Scott, then he does not care about it.
                      I thought that cat was fired. How the hell is he still at space coast?

Comment

Youve never "seen" them obsessed about the points huh? How could you see them obsessed? I mean isn't that the premise of their club? State (gotsoccer) rankings? Or is it for the fun of the sport? Haha.

And definitely the club feeding Eastern Florida.

Comment

In all fairness, are there any other soccer clubs within 50 miles of Space Coast

Comment

Youve never "seen" them obsessed about the points huh? How could you see them obsessed? I mean isn't that the premise of their club? State (gotsoccer) rankings? Or is it for the fun of the sport? Haha.

And definitely the club feeding Eastern Florida.
                            It really isn't difficult to detect which coaches are consumed by the points their teams are getting on GotSoccer and which aren't.

No, the premise of the club is not based on points.

It's shocking the nearest club to EFSC would have players going there?

You are a special kind of dumb.

Comment

In all fairness, are there any other soccer clubs within 50 miles of Space Coast
                              Not any with the same level of resources. Their size, location, and professional management & coaching enable them to field more teams and offer a wider range of programs than the other clubs in the county. Leadership will be the first to tell you they know they aren't the best fit for everyone, but they do try to provide a quality product for as many as possible. The haters are going to jump on this with foaming at the mouth sputtering objections, but it is true.

SCU is better run than most clubs. They have been fortunate to have some key volunteers over the last few years lend their professional expertise to club administration and governance. But they are also aware of their need for continued improvement in areas.

They take Rec seriously and consequently win state, regional, and national recognition for their efforts because they know that's what feeds into competitive teams and rec players deserve a great experience to develop a love of the game too.

They aren't trying to be the best club in the world, they just strive to be the best they can in their community with the resources they've got. They aren't fielding World Cup teams or feeding the US National team. They are providing an opportunity to local kids to play soccer.

Isn't that what it's really supposed to be about anyway?

Ok SCU haters. 3, 2, 1....go!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X