Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Senior teams are notoriously light - kids have a million things going on and they're partly checked out, even those that will be playing in college. Often times you won't even have 18. It's not as big a deal as you're trying to portray.
    It’s different this year, in part because 01 ECNL girls are a competitive bunch and CFC did a good job placing them at competitive colleges. However, they have heard from their 2000 CFC friends that didn’t see the field in their first year of college that they were not prepared. So checking out for a year doesn’t work

Comment

That’s a legitimate question. The overflow team was historically the composite team. That roster is now entirely Players from the u18 NPL squad that’s been together for years.

All of those kids paid their $$ and most are off to D2 and D3 soccer. Are our kids supposed to move aside for u15s that foolishly signed up for 25 player rosters?
      Show me any U18 team where everyone shows up in the spring, and it will be the first in history. People say the same thing every year at U18 and the kids don’t show up. My kid did, along with about 6-8 others, but that was about it on a roster of 27. Two teams at U18 will be lucky to get 11 players on game day. Plenty of room for an overflow.

Comment

Show me any U18 team where everyone shows up in the spring, and it will be the first in history. People say the same thing every year at U18 and the kids don’t show up. My kid did, along with about 6-8 others, but that was about it on a roster of 27. Two teams at U18 will be lucky to get 11 players on game day. Plenty of room for an overflow.
        Everyone shows up early, then they soon realize it isn't worth it and that there are too many kids and it sucks and they find any excuse under the sun to skip.

Comment

Everyone shows up early, then they soon realize it isn't worth it and that there are too many kids and it sucks and they find any excuse under the sun to skip.
          Shut up idiot. Hahaha. They don’t come bc they’re too busy going to proms, parties and family gatherings. And the 7 kids that always show up lose out. No kid has ever not come to practice at U18 because there were too many players there. Hahahahaha. Has to be the dumbest comment I’ve ever heard.

Comment

Shut up idiot. Hahaha. They don’t come bc they’re too busy going to proms, parties and family gatherings. And the 7 kids that always show up lose out. No kid has ever not come to practice at U18 because there were too many players there. Hahahahaha. Has to be the dumbest comment I’ve ever heard.
            You are special

Comment

Is that what they sold you on? Ha, no one more the fool than you, wee man.

Comment

Is that what they sold you on? Ha, no one more the fool than you, wee man.
                You’re right. Better to play on your daughter’s Shoreline team with 3 kids at practice. LOL

Comment

You’re right. Better to play on your daughter’s Shoreline team with 3 kids at practice. LOL
                  Compared to U18 NPL (sorry, "composite") teams at CFC or FSA .... I would prefer it.

Comment

Compared to U18 NPL (sorry, "composite") teams at CFC or FSA .... I would prefer it.
                    Then you’re a dummy. Enough said.

Comment

Then you’re a dummy. Enough said.
                      Have fun, sucker.

Comment

Senior teams are notoriously light - kids have a million things going on and they're partly checked out, even those that will be playing in college. Often times you won't even have 18. It's not as big a deal as you're trying to portray.
                        Thanks Matt for the clarification

Comment

Thanks Matt for the clarification
                          You’re welcome.

Comment

Can we just get back to the original question over 1 year ago and can someone just tell me the update on the new cfc park?

Comment

Can we just get back to the original question over 1 year ago and can someone just tell me the update on the new cfc park?
                              Skipster. Second field is open

So. To bring you up to speed

Two outdoor fields
                              One indoor facility with two fields
                              No lights on either outdoor field
                              Crappy parking

Comment

Skipster. Second field is open

So. To bring you up to speed

Two outdoor fields
                                One indoor facility with two fields
                                No lights on either outdoor field
                                Crappy parking
                                boards to be installed on first outdoor field in the spring

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X