Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then you obviously don’t know all the Stars girls. I know a player who made ECNL East team chose to play Stars NPL this season. Coaching issue.
    Then why not opt for the West team? She disliked both coaches? Seems odd.

Comment

Then you obviously don’t know all the Stars girls. I know a player who made ECNL East team chose to play Stars NPL this season. Coaching issue.
      Um is that what the parents told you? I know the kids who went from ecnl to npl and that was because they couldn’t hack ecnl. Yes, partly it was a coaching issue I guess but that issue arose because they had been put on ecnl too soon and just weren’t at that level. The coaches will admit that they make mistakes in placement ever year. They are aiming to iron out those mistakes by 9/10 grade.

Comment

That's a very different reason then choosing because of the league.

Also, while some players may make a higher roster they are realists and know they won't play much vs one notch lower. They chose playing over riding the bench.

Comment

Coaching Issue is parent code for that idiot didn't recognize the brilliance within our awkward girl and wouldn't play her when the game was close

Comment

Coaching Issue is parent code for that idiot didn't recognize the brilliance within our awkward girl and wouldn't play her when the game was close
            No, in this case, it’s code for Coach is a jackass and treats his players like 💩. No league patch is worth that.

Comment

No, in this case, it’s code for Coach is a jackass and treats his players like 💩. No league patch is worth that.
              There are 2 ECNL teams, no? Why not play on West if you don't like the East coach? Seriously asking....

Comment

Again no, those girls knew they would not make the ECNL/knew they would be on the bench if they made it. They chose to go play NPL because they wanted to actually get playing time. They were not going to make a team that JD was coaching anyway.

I am not saying the parents didn't say something else to save face but thems the facts boys.

Comment

Hahahaha.
                  Just that one girl was treated poorly? or just that one girl couldn't take it?

Comment

Oooohhh...touched a nerve there.

You didn't really answer the question with that rant. By disbanding GDA, that puts 60-ish players into the player pool that aren't terrible. Open to debate and personal opinions/agendas as to how to grade out those players, but they aren't trash. Some won't travel to an ECNL club (or they would've already in some cases), but expect some will. Call it half, so that's 30 players in a pool to compete for (using the Stars example) 40-60 spots. Say 25% of them (made up number) would be bumped from an ECNL team, no?
                    The top 3 DA players would make an ECNL team if you did away with DA. The others would not make it because the are not good enough. They would not make it because they are not better.

Comment

And what are the chances any other club in new England gets ECNL on the girls side?

Slim to none I’d guess. Seems like NEFC & Oakwood would be the logical choice if there was expansion.
                      They wont expand. They are supposed to be exclusive. One stop shopping for college coaches.

Comment

The top 3 DA players would make an ECNL team if you did away with DA. The others would not make it because the are not good enough. They would not make it because they are not better.
                        I don't vouch to know everyone, but the teams I know of regarding the DA teams, the upper tier of the teams would easily slot into an ECNL team.

Your "3" is off-base.

Comment

Bingo.

But, since every club is in it for the almighty dollar, good for them for figuring it out. That's ultimately why they walked from DA. Made more financial sense to do it this way.
                          The dollar part is likely true. But ECNL is better for the vast majority of the kids. The substitution rules for DA are insane. All that travel and you could possibly get 15 minutes of play time? The when you turn U16, half of your team is kicked to the curb!

Comment

I meant: The others would not make it. Not because they are not good enough, but because they are not better. They would need to be substantially better to displace current.

Comment

The dollar part is likely true. But ECNL is better for the vast majority of the kids. The substitution rules for DA are insane. All that travel and you could possibly get 15 minutes of play time? The when you turn U16, half of your team is kicked to the curb!
                              False.

First, bear in mind every player needs to start a minimum 25% of games. So, already a leg up on ECNL.

Second, players play 50% of the games. When you get subbed, you sit until next half.

Last, yes, if you can't cut it you are kicked to the curb. Sounds like you are advocating players who cannot cut it remain on the team? Is that the ECNL model...to water it down?

That's the second time someone has mentioned something on here that leads the impression ECNL is watered down.

Interesting.

Comment

I meant: The others would not make it. Not because they are not good enough, but because they are not better. They would need to be substantially better to displace current.
                                OK, so you are saying ECNL would pass up another player if they were only better, not substantially better? So, you believe your club would put lesser players out there...just because?

I want no part of that club. Give me my best 11 any day, every day. I don't want a teammate who is there because they were there last year...

How prevaliant is this opinion from the ECNL crowd that there isn't always the best players on the team? Is this a club opinion, or just personal?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X