Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered

Yes but the problem now he was exposed in FL and it didn’t work.
    I agree they looked terrible, but everyone can have a bad game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I agree they looked terrible, but everyone can have a bad game.
      Did you mean games?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395098]

If winning is the goal, it works. Until someone marks her. She has been successful in high school and club.
        Read Inverting the Pyramid... it's a history of soccer tactics. A period of English soccer in the late 19th and early 20th century when a couple of teams had some very creative players and played the Scottish style of short passes (pre-cursor to Belgium Total Soccer and later Barca's styles) with success, but most teams just booted the ball up the field to the 5 forwards (2:3:5 formation). Some teams tried to replicate the style but didn't have the creative players and didn't have any success. It was easier to recruit and train tough defenders who could boot the ball than find or develop creative players with skill and genius. Winning over playing good soccer was the trend even 100 years ago.

Bottom line, most coaches today default to the same BS. Put the tall, fast forwards up top, skip the midfield and send long vertical balls up the middle. Occasionally you get fullbacks
        or holding mids who are taught to connect with wingers, but rarely are the wingers smart enough or good enough players to understand the cross (and target) or play with some patience and reset the attack if they can't beat their defender. Instead they shoot when they have no angle and hope of the best or just run the ball into the corner for a GK.

Comment

Total soccer was a Dutch philosophy.

Short passes doesn't mean it's "Total Soccer", and vice-versa.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395700]

Read Inverting the Pyramid... it's a history of soccer tactics. A period of English soccer in the late 19th and early 20th century when a couple of teams had some very creative players and played the Scottish style of short passes (pre-cursor to Belgium Total Soccer and later Barca's styles) with success, but most teams just booted the ball up the field to the 5 forwards (2:3:5 formation). Some teams tried to replicate the style but didn't have the creative players and didn't have any success. It was easier to recruit and train tough defenders who could boot the ball than find or develop creative players with skill and genius. Winning over playing good soccer was the trend even 100 years ago.

Bottom line, most coaches today default to the same BS. Put the tall, fast forwards up top, skip the midfield and send long vertical balls up the middle. Occasionally you get fullbacks
            or holding mids who are taught to connect with wingers, but rarely are the wingers smart enough or good enough players to understand the cross (and target) or play with some patience and reset the attack if they can't beat their defender. Instead they shoot when they have no angle and hope of the best or just run the ball into the corner for a GK.
            Refuge for those that have no clue and can't coach the game.

Comment

"English direct style" derived from taking the shortcuts out of the game that makes it attractive. Kids that played kicked and run will not develop the passion for the game because they only see the physical aspects and instant gratification. Coaches from that line of thinking don't know any better. But surprising that in the English premier league the top teams have foreigners as coaches.

Comment

I don't know what soccer you are watching by my kid plays holding mid and did last year as well. The team (both years) is a perfect example of how a great midfield is a deadly asset to a team and how forwards who played with the team last year scored in every single game because of that great midfield. So there are some coaches and teams who know what they are doing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2396915]

I don't know what soccer you are watching by my kid plays holding mid and did last year as well. The team (both years) is a perfect example of how a great midfield is a deadly asset to a team and how forwards who played with the team last year scored in every single game because of that great midfield. So there are some coaches and teams who know what they are doing.
                  I hope you are not talking about NEFC.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2397057]

Nope, definitely not.

Comment

Generalize much?

Not the OP, but it sounds like our NEFC team. You do understand that there are more than one NEFC team, and each coach may play different styles, and different rosters have different make-ups with different strengths and weaknesses. Our midfield looks to very strong this season, and has been the where 100% of the offense has come through (whether via assists or goals), and VERY involved in connecting the play between defense and forwards. We also do not have the big forward you describe (small, fast and technical), and no kick ball style happening.

You people love to generalize and your agendas are all too clear. We have a ton of friends who play for the Stars too, And I have never felt the need to come here and diss their program through blanket generalizations.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2397070]

Generalize much?

Not the OP, but it sounds like our NEFC team. You do understand that there are more than one NEFC team, and each coach may play different styles, and different rosters have different make-ups with different strengths and weaknesses. Our midfield looks to very strong this season, and has been the where 100% of the offense has come through (whether via assists or goals), and VERY involved in connecting the play between defense and forwards. We also do not have the big forward you describe (small, fast and technical), and no kick ball style happening.

You people love to generalize and your agendas are all too clear. We have a ton of friends who play for the Stars too, And I have never felt the need to come here and diss their program through blanket generalizations.
                        Hit the nerve much? I am not with stars and You either don’t know what is good soccer or you are doing damage control. Nefc girls side is down spiraling and fast. Now with the Carpet fast pulled under boys DA , the whole club took a hit and it is tough to convince anyone otherwise.Tryouts will be rough.

Comment

Their so called best team got whipped (0-3) and as a club went 3-9. Yes in trouble.
                          Ya I'm sure they are in trouble......what a joke you are

Comment

Thanks Stars Daddy

Comment

Ya I'm sure they are in trouble......what a joke you are
                              Until you prove otherwise the joke is on you. They got smoked in FL and some kids till today are thinking about leaving .

Comment

Until you prove otherwise the joke is on you. They got smoked in FL and some kids till today are thinking about leaving .
                                My older D has had no practice since FL meanwhile my friends D has had scrimmages and indoor with stars.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X