Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    do they still play soccer in SCC? LOL
    yawn. crappy coaches. kick and chase teams

Comment

Amity will win it

Comment

do they still play soccer in SCC? LOL
        Hand has been successful the past two years. Losing in the semi-finals twice.

SCC is basically Hand, Guilford, Cheshire and Shelton. Amity is typically respectable as well. The issue for Amity and I guess Cheshire is that they are smaller LL schools and just don't get enough quality players to compete with the FCIAC schools when it comes time for playoffs.

Hand graduates most of their team from last year so probably Shelton, Guilford and Cheshire in the hunt for the SCC crown this year.

Comment

what teams are even halfway decent? a middle/lower pack conf.

Comment

SCC is basically Hand, Guilford, Cheshire and Shelton. Amity is typically respectable as well. The issue for Amity and I guess Cheshire is that they are smaller LL schools and just don't get enough quality players to compete with the FCIAC schools when it comes time for playoffs.

Hand graduates most of their team from last year so probably Shelton, Guilford and Cheshire in the hunt for the SCC crown this year.
            Guilford just boots the ball. Hand has terrible coach. Cheshire team to beat

Comment

Guilford just boots the ball. Hand has terrible coach. Cheshire team to beat
              Cheshire's problem has been the lack of players with any decent club experience. In past years nearly all of their kids play for Academica which is bad soccer in a horrible league. Once the kids face players that are used to dealing with faster, better players they fold.

I'd probably say Shelton is better. At least they have kids from Yankee and others.

Comment

Cheshire's problem has been the lack of players with any decent club experience. In past years nearly all of their kids play for Academica which is bad soccer in a horrible league. Once the kids face players that are used to dealing with faster, better players they fold.

I'd probably say Shelton is better. At least they have kids from Yankee and others.
                more familiar with boys side and same problem there.

Comment

I think that trend is finally and thankfully over. My daughter plays for FSA and there are other kids from town on her team. Also have two CFC United players on the varsity team. The new issue is that the town is running "premier" teams which is arguably worse than a struggling AFC club team.

The team should be good. AFC is no longer based in Cheshire and most of the better players have figured out that its basically a travel club and have moved on. Cheshire will definitely contend for the SCC this year.

Comment

I think that trend is finally and thankfully over. My daughter plays for FSA and there are other kids from town on her team. Also have two CFC United players on the varsity team. The new issue is that the town is running "premier" teams which is arguably worse than a struggling AFC club team.

The team should be good. AFC is no longer based in Cheshire and most of the better players have figured out that its basically a travel club and have moved on. Cheshire will definitely contend for the SCC this year.
                    When my kid played, Shelton and Cheshire had a lot of “big boned” girls who were afraid to sweep a leg. That’s when you paid your club fees in the early fall and hoped your kid survived the hs season to play. Became common place to buy insurance from the club.

Comment

Shelton, Cheshire and Amity are pre season favorites. Hand and Guilford lost 2 All State players each to graduation and both do not have good rising seniors to take their place. Law and Mercy also should be good this year.

Comment

Shelton, Cheshire and Amity are pre season favorites. Hand and Guilford lost 2 All State players each to graduation and both do not have good rising seniors to take their place. Law and Mercy also should be good this year.
                        all staters? those kids couldn't play on my kids u14 club team. Both lacrosse players at hand, not big losses. It's the coaching at hand or lack of it that stunts their growth. Same with guilford. Long ball launcher.

Shelton is team to beat

Comment

all staters? those kids couldn't play on my kids u14 club team. Both lacrosse players at hand, not big losses. It's the coaching at hand or lack of it that stunts their growth. Same with guilford. Long ball launcher.

Shelton is team to beat

You have to be able to score to win.

Comment

Melonheads are ballerz

Comment

Yeah, but that back half of the Shelton side is a pretty difficult group of girls to get by. Big strong goalkeeper coming back this year, All-stater anchoring the center of their defense and a ton of seniors and varsity experience sitting in the back four and defensive midfield.

They won't have to score very many, because not many schools are going to score on them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X