Marcelo Neveleff - US Soccer Technical Advisor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see now what happened and why so many Weston players were getting called up to the National teams. Makes perfect sense now. Fantastic, now I expect more players from Weston to be called up.

Comment

Now I see why so many Weston players have been getting called up to the National team. Make perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Now I see why so many Weston players have been getting called up to the National team. Make perfect sense.
        you did not think it was because they were studs did you? I can name 1 out of the whole lot that may deserve the call up.

Comment

I am no fan at all of Weston. However, does it not say something that the USSF picked him? Do you keyboard coaches really think that you know more than the people that made this move? What have you done? You complain about a club, then when there is some validation of that club, you dismiss it.

Comment

I am no fan at all of Weston. However, does it not say something that the USSF picked him? Do you keyboard coaches really think that you know more than the people that made this move? What have you done? You complain about a club, then when there is some validation of that club, you dismiss it.
            Truth!!

Comment

Yes it says plenty.....incompetence,cronyism....lack of vision...etc...,

Comment

I don't have a problem with him in a similar position just move him out of the region. You would think USSF would not want any chance of bias being an issue. after all the guy only works on weekends and during showcases anyway.

Comment

I don't have a problem with him in a similar position just move him out of the region. You would think USSF would not want any chance of bias being an issue. after all the guy only works on weekends and during showcases anyway.
                  What are you talking about? He will be in the same region, with just more power of deciding players. He is going to be the US Soccer Technical Advisor for the Southeastern United States. So you can expect even more Weston players to be selected over more deserving players throughout the Southeastern US.

Comment

This is a full time position, I know Michia never treated it that way, but he is supposed to be identifying talent and bringing them into the USSDA system as well as the national teams. I wholeheartedly agree that any technical advisor should be out of their respected club region, so that they have a fresh look at players, and avoid conflicts of interst with clubs and coaches.

Comment

This is a full time position, I know Michia never treated it that way, but he is supposed to be identifying talent and bringing them into the USSDA system as well as the national teams. I wholeheartedly agree that any technical advisor should be out of their respected club region, so that they have a fresh look at players, and avoid conflicts of interst with clubs and coaches.
                      Avoid conflicts of interest? You must be joking. Yeah, sure he won't still promote Weston players over more deserving players throughout the state of Florida or now into the entire Southeast US. Why would he do that? Why should anyone who has an affiliation with a DA club have that position? Seem to me, like in the past, he will still be promoting unworthy Weston players.

Comment

Avoid conflicts of interest? You must be joking. Yeah, sure he won't still promote Weston players over more deserving players throughout the state of Florida or now into the entire Southeast US. Why would he do that? Why should anyone who has an affiliation with a DA club have that position? Seem to me, like in the past, he will still be promoting unworthy Weston players.
                        Most of the Weston kids I have seen promoted are pretty good. I don't know what other players are out there that don't get the nod, but the kids getting picked from Weston are pretty good. To call them unworthy is just ridiculous and shows your envy/bias. Are there other players out there that maybe are not getting as much of a look as the Weston kids? yes. but that doesn't make the kids coming from Weston "unworthy."

Comment

Most of the Weston kids I have seen promoted are pretty good. I don't know what other players are out there that don't get the nod, but the kids getting picked from Weston are pretty good. To call them unworthy is just ridiculous and shows your envy/bias. Are there other players out there that maybe are not getting as much of a look as the Weston kids? yes. but that doesn't make the kids coming from Weston "unworthy."
                          tick tock

Comment

LOL your F**king kidding right?

Comment

They are unworthy if they are not the best selections, and others are being overlooked simply because of his connection to the club.

Comment

They are unworthy if they are not the best selections, and others are being overlooked simply because of his connection to the club.
                                you are right in theory only. in reality no one walks around with a sign that says "Best Selection" - its not a county fair and the kids are not cattle or pigs. it is a subjective game and there is no way anyone can know who is the best selection possible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X